LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Whos the KR/PR for the 2013 season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was just thinking how great ted ginn played last year for us and was wondering who is going to fill his shoes this year. LMJ I suppose is in the lead but he was shaky last season. Ginn constantly put its in good field position last season and I think his departure is being overlooked.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I was just thinking how great ted ginn played last year for us and was wondering who is going to fill his shoes this year. LMJ I suppose is in the lead but he was shaky last season. Ginn constantly put its in good field position last season and I think his departure is being overlooked.

Ginn was ok last year but nothing special. Loved the consistency he showed, but saying that he played "great" in that role is a real stretch.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
james and hunter will do kicks and will do them very well.... punt return is kyle who will be fine but if he gets hurt, then what. james better get better in a hurry and jenkins better show us something. punt return is a concern if kyle gets hurt.. oh and ginn was horrid last year for gods sake.. his best thing he did was run five yards and then go out of bounce. ginn played great for us,, hahahah
Hopefully James or Williams can handle both duties very well all season.
James KR
Williams PR

/thread
I predict that James is going to break at least one KR for a TD this year - maybe two. Last year, I thought his acceleration in returns was nothing short of spectacular and he came extremely close to breaking a couple. In person, he looks like he's been shot out of a cannon.
Word on the street it's Ian Williams.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Word on the street it's Ian Williams.

Once he gets a head of steam, he can't be stopped. You can't bring him down.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
KR will be LMJ
PR will be kW
The year before last, Ginn was definitely a weapon. Wasn't he only returning punts last year?

• SaksV
  • Veteran
I wouldn't count Marlon Moore out
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Ginn was ok last year but nothing special. Loved the consistency he showed, but saying that he played "great" in that role is a real stretch.

Originally posted by cciowa:
james and hunter will do kicks and will do them very well.... punt return is kyle who will be fine but if he gets hurt, then what. james better get better in a hurry and jenkins better show us something. punt return is a concern if kyle gets hurt.. oh and ginn was horrid last year for gods sake.. his best thing he did was run five yards and then go out of bounce. ginn played great for us,, hahahah

Special Teams as a whole were less productive last season than in 2011. Ginn has proven himself to be an elite return man. Whats not to like? 4.2 speed and reliable catching punts. More than we can say for ole KDub and ill leave it at that. As for LMJ, he was definitely not ready for those duties last year so how do we know he can do it this year?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
It feels like I watched a different 2012 season than some of you. Ted Ginn was reliable last year? He had 4 fumbles/muffed punts, and almost had another against the Patriots. Not to mention his complete lack of awareness by not falling on the ball against the Rams on that botched play, leading to a defensive TD. He was elite in 2011. He was borderline liability last year, and I was scared every time he touched the ball.

I expect it to be KW as PR and James for kicks.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Disp:
It feels like I watched a different 2012 season than some of you. Ted Ginn was reliable last year? He had 4 fumbles/muffed punts, and almost had another against the Patriots. Not to mention his complete lack of awareness by not falling on the ball against the Rams on that botched play, leading to a defensive TD. He was elite in 2011. He was borderline liability last year, and I was scared every time he touched the ball.

I expect it to be KW as PR and James for kicks.

Good post
Kentwan Balmer
Share 49ersWebzone