LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
The rams secondary besides finnegan is not good at all. Their lbs are average at best bc laurenitus is good but nothing too special. They lost amendola and Jackson so good luck there. Their OL is above average so yes sometimes they match up well but they are not going to beat us.

Also the Seahawks are very good but it takes a great team like the niners to be great and win ON THE ROAD. Are we forgetting the hawks lost to
MIAMI
DETROIT
ARIZONA
RAMS
And they scored 6 points against us

Again, you heard it right, Miami Detroit ariz and the rams hahahahaha

MIAMI (by 3)
DETROIT (by 4)
ARIZONA (by 6)
RAMS (by 4)
And they scored 6 points against us (and only allowed 13)

they were t h i s close
Granted, the schedule looks to be much tougher this year but . . .

Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
This is not last years Niners. Some bugs have been worked out and some better talent has replaced some glaring weaknesses. Seamaggots are headed for a very rude lesson this coming season.

Same can be said re: the Hawks.
Lisa, the main bugs I think the Niners may have worked out is depth on the D-line and probably more cohesiveness in the offensive system. What bug do you think the Seahawks have fixed?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Rams will win the division, followed by the hawks then us in 3rd.

should've been holding that SB trophy last two seasons. We missed our chance.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
The rams secondary besides finnegan is not good at all. Their lbs are average at best bc laurenitus is good but nothing too special. They lost amendola and Jackson so good luck there. Their OL is above average so yes sometimes they match up well but they are not going to beat us.

Also the Seahawks are very good but it takes a great team like the niners to be great and win ON THE ROAD. Are we forgetting the hawks lost to
MIAMI
DETROIT
ARIZONA
RAMS
And they scored 6 points against us

Again, you heard it right, Miami Detroit ariz and the rams hahahahaha

MIAMI (by 3)
DETROIT (by 4)
ARIZONA (by 6)
RAMS (by 4)
And they scored 6 points against us (and only allowed 13)

they were t h i s close
Granted, the schedule looks to be much tougher this year but . . .

Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
This is not last years Niners. Some bugs have been worked out and some better talent has replaced some glaring weaknesses. Seamaggots are headed for a very rude lesson this coming season.

Same can be said re: the Hawks.

Again
They great Seahawks lost to Detroit Miami ariz rams and we actually scored 15 if you would like to count the safety we didn't want to accept

S to lose to Miami or centroid or arizona 3 of the worst teams in the nfl last year is nothing short of laughable.......wether by 3 or 10 or whatever you may want to rationalize it by......good teams do NOT lost to a team like det or ariz or Mia......maybe stl but you still can't sugar coat the Seahawks losing away from home
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Lisa, the main bugs I think the Niners may have worked out is depth on the D-line and probably more cohesiveness in the offensive system. What bug do you think the Seahawks have fixed?

Well, the addition to their receiving core with their "first rounder" to start
Pass rush and overall depth on defense appears to be much improved.
Also interested to see how/how much their 2nd rounder will be incorporated in the run game . . .
And, much like the Niners, I have to think that knowing RW is "the guy" from the get-go (instead of at some point in the pre-season) will enable a much different approach / preparation.
Again
They great Seahawks lost to Detroit Miami ariz rams and we actually scored 15 if you would like to count the safety we didn't want to accept

S to lose to Miami or centroid or arizona 3 of the worst teams in the nfl last year is nothing short of laughable.......wether by 3 or 10 or whatever you may want to rationalize it by......good teams do NOT lost to a team like det or ariz or Mia......maybe stl but you still can't sugar coat the Seahawks losing away from home

As they say "any given Sunday" . . .
Can't "sugar coat" it but, it can be pointed out that they were all close games - meaning it's possible that they are not that far from shoring things up. I would hope that they have some lessons learned to take to heart and to study. As I've said many times previously, their road schedule will be a tough row to hoe this coming season . . . we'll find out if they learned and made the proper adjustments or not.
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jul 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]
I think the Rams will be a much better team than last year.

Hawks will be as tough as nails.

We will be a MUCH more improved team than last year. I think this year's team will have much better play calling on both sides of the ball and will flat out shock all the pundits.
I still think we got outcoached on the 1 1/2 loses to Rams. Fisher is a darn good coach...and roman "showed" it with some of his play calls.

Say what you will about SEA at home...they are gonna be really tough to beat. Again....it boils down to coaching...and I am hoping roman does better in both places, not to mention the other 12 games , than he did last yr. Yes he was great at NE, but not at SEA, nor at end of SB. I HOPE he is better this yr...and that means good enough to get to and win the SB this yr. Anybody taking the rams and SEA as easy wins....unhhhh....think again. This division is tough and getting tougher. Which is a bad joke, since a mere two yrs ago the division stunk.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah... I'm going to have to go ahead and... disagree with you on that one.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Hell.....lumberg f**ked her
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

If things work out right, Chazboner is going to see my "Oh" face..........Oh, Oh, Oh, you know. Then again he will be facing the other way.
I find it funny that people assume Seattle will regress. I mean I hope I'm wrong but they've gotten better each year under Carrol. I hate that gum-gnashing piece of s**t, but they are undeniably better than the Rams as far as talent. As far as coaching - it seemed we were outcoached twice last year against the Rams and that's why the games were that close.

If we game-plan better for the Rams we will beat them. The Seahawks on the other hand CRUSHED us in their house. That in itself should throw this debate under the bus. Seahawks are a way bigger threat this upcoming season. A few years down the line the Rams will be just as solid.

NFC West best division in football for the next 5 years easy.
Wishful thinking to assume the Seahawks will regress. I don't see it like that. The way I see it, the 49ers, Seahawks, Rams are all riding a strong flood tide, and will likely keep improving for years to come. Funny how all three made a big turnaround when they finally hired a real coach.

Personally I think Seattle is our biggest threat, even though the Rams are coming on and played us to a standstill. That's Jeff Fisher. Rams still have some holes in that roster, but Seattle does not. Seattle also has the advantage of that horrible noisy stadium, making them hard to beat at home. Nobody else has that kind of advantage.

I don't get the Pete Carroll hate, maybe it's just a personal style thing. He and draftmeister GM Schneider have done a great job rehabbing that franchise and they are going to be a thorn in our side for a long time to come. No hate from me for this franchise, just respect and looking forward to our games.
Originally posted by hawker84:
What message of Pete's are you referring to, and why does our QB need to grow 6 more inches?

Their QB, not ours.
Share 49ersWebzone