LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Our Defensive Coordinator, Vic Fangio

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NC--I agree that criticism can be warranted. No coach is perfect and I would like Harbaugh to be more cerebral on the sidelines, Fangio to be more agressive, Roman to open up the offense once the other team has committed to stopping the run...on and on.

It seems the problem with recent arguments were poster driven by use of personal comments rather than sticking to the rules. Never have an issue with the way you express yourself! Others might learn how to be more effective by reading your posts carefully. Buck was, rightfully, pointing out some needless personal invective.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
NC--I agree that criticism can be warranted. No coach is perfect and I would like Harbaugh to be more cerebral on the sidelines, Fangio to be more agressive, Roman to open up the offense once the other team has committed to stopping the run...on and on.

It seems the problem with recent arguments were poster driven by use of personal comments rather than sticking to the rules. Never have an issue with the way you express yourself! Others might learn how to be more effective by reading your posts carefully. Buck was, rightfully, pointing out some needless personal invective.

Amen brother!

It's probably already in here but Vic is always a good interview: http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Vic-Fangio-Outlines-Rookie-Progress-/c70b593f-82d9-4567-9b39-90a60bda1e5d
Nice Fangio interview! I especially was encouraged by what he had to say about the second year guys at the end - Cam Johnson, Darius Flemming and Trent Robinson.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
who would you rather see at CB? Don't blame Fangio for that, the FO hasn't decided they needed to upgrade. Nnamdi isn't an upgrade at the moment.

I hate nitpickers. We have a legit top 3 defense, and the best front 7 in the game. Fangio is still a great DC.

Your right our team doesn't need to get any better. We are the best from our front office down to our waterboy.

Where in his post does he say the team doesn't need to get any better?

He implies it. You can play dumb all you like, but saying we have a top 3 defense, best front 7 and that fangio is still a great dc is implying that we are already good enough.

No, he does not imply that our team does not need to get any better. You are inferring that, and inferred that incorrectly.

AB implied that team needs to improve at corner back and that weakness at corner back lies with the front office. Here is what AB said.

"who would you rather see at CB? Don't blame Fangio for that, the FO hasn't decided they needed to upgrade. Nnamdi isn't an upgrade at the moment."

That statement not only implies that we need to improve in the defensive backfield but that the front office also needs to do better work.

AB's statement that about our overall defense or our front seven do not eradicate his implicit criticisms of FO, our cornerbacks, and the signing of Nnamdi.

When you told a fellow poster that that he can continue to play dumb all he wants, you are basically insulting him. Ironically, that fellow poster understood what AB said better than you did. He was correct, AB never said (or implied) that team does not need to get better.

May I suggest that you might consider spending less time insulting your fellow posters, and more time working your basic reading comprehension.

Hey buck-o refer to post # 35 which is....

Yeah nobody complained about our pass rush because our pass rush is good. Not arguing that our pass rush was sub-par just that even though it is great it can be a lot better still. Everybody keeps bringing up injuries but guess what injuries are apart of the game and we are a strong enough team that we should've been able to get through it. A better rotation isn't going to stop those guys getting hurt. Again brooks is a good solid player, but I think there are things that he doesn't do well (rushing the passer or dropping back in coverage). I hate nitpickers. We have a legit top 3 defense, and the best front 7 in the game. Fangio is still a great DC. < That is my problem right there. A nitpicker is someone who finds fault with insignificant details and he said he hated them. Then he stated we have a top 3 d ect. implying that he hates the fact that someone is nitpicking about one (or all) of those things.(Fangio) I, like the OP have a difference of opinion.
Hey Jim - I distinctly recall Buck asking you not to call him Buck-o. Just a suggestion, but you might try showing a little more courtesy to your fellow Niner fans.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Hey Jim - I distinctly recall Buck asking you not to call him Buck-o. Just a suggestion, but you might try showing a little more courtesy to your fellow Niner fans.

I'll show some respect when I get some respect from the rest of you. Until then I will continue to nitpick the rest of you like you've been nitpicking me.

I distinctly remember me saying that I like the name buck-o. That's all that matters to me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I'll show some respect when I get some respect from the rest of you. Until then I will continue to nitpick the rest of you like you've been nitpicking me.

I distinctly remember me saying that I like the name buck-o. That's all that matters to me.
You started the snarky s**t so do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other posters call you out on it. You are in the position to demand nothing
If you want more respect, you might try being less intractable in your opinions. When someone shows you numbers that refute a given opinion of yours, you might try being man enough to at least allow that your opinion might be wrong. If you're unable to do that, whatever. But don't pretend that you're not getting respect for no good reason.

As far as this pissing contest is concerned, Pro Football Focus rates Delanie Walker worst among all tight ends in drop rate. They rate Frank Gore in the middle of the pack among all running backs. Now, I have been following PFF for some years now. They have very powerful statistical tools at their command and sound reasoning. They're pros. They don't really have opinions as much as statistical facts. So, if PFF says something and your opinion is counter to that, sorry, but I'm going with PFF. You may have played football in Pop Warner and High School. Good for you. So did I. That has nothing to do with statistical analysis.
Originally posted by cciowa:

You started the snarky s**t so do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other posters call you out on it. You are in the position to demand nothing

I can demand whatever I want, just like you can reject my demands. I never started being snarky until you guys brought it out of me. I've seen plenty of this happen to not just me but others. It is what it is, but I wasn't the one complaining about it. If this is how you want me to be than this is what you will get.
I can demand whatever I want, just like you can reject my demands. I never started being snarky until you guys brought it out of me. I've seen plenty of this happen to not just me but others. It is what it is, but I wasn't the one complaining about it. If this is how you want me to be than this is what you will get.

Jim, you're just so damn awesome!

Nice Fangio interview! I especially was encouraged by what he had to say about the second year guys at the end - Cam Johnson, Darius Flemming and Trent Robinson.

Yeah, I had in my original 53 at OLB as:
OLB (4): Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier and Cam Johnson - Parys Haralson is gone. Cam shows he can seal the edge well AND pass rush making Haralson expendable.

When he said Cam is a very viable candidate to make the 53 and that Haralson is a good "competitor," it referred me back to my 53 for review. I had my ILB's as:
ILB (4): Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Dan Skuta and Nick Moody - Michael Wilhoite, Nathan Stupar and Darius Fleming are gone.

I don't care if you are a veteran, it's going to be very hard to make this team! With this lineup, I wouldn't be surprised to see Moody work both inside and outside. Or Fleming make it over him as an ILB but with the ability to play OLB as well (like he learned last year).

Clearly, there is a major focus on last year's draft class to step up this year for both defense AND offense. It's good to hear that expectation by the coaches to step up this year while recognizing the current draft class has a long ways to go.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
who would you rather see at CB? Don't blame Fangio for that, the FO hasn't decided they needed to upgrade. Nnamdi isn't an upgrade at the moment.

I hate nitpickers. We have a legit top 3 defense, and the best front 7 in the game. Fangio is still a great DC.

Your right our team doesn't need to get any better. We are the best from our front office down to our waterboy.

Where in his post does he say the team doesn't need to get any better?

He implies it. You can play dumb all you like, but saying we have a top 3 defense, best front 7 and that fangio is still a great dc is implying that we are already good enough.

No, he does not imply that our team does not need to get any better. You are inferring that, and inferred that incorrectly.

AB implied that team needs to improve at corner back and that weakness at corner back lies with the front office. Here is what AB said.

"who would you rather see at CB? Don't blame Fangio for that, the FO hasn't decided they needed to upgrade. Nnamdi isn't an upgrade at the moment."

That statement not only implies that we need to improve in the defensive backfield but that the front office also needs to do better work.

AB's statement that about our overall defense or our front seven do not eradicate his implicit criticisms of FO, our cornerbacks, and the signing of Nnamdi.

When you told a fellow poster that that he can continue to play dumb all he wants, you are basically insulting him. Ironically, that fellow poster understood what AB said better than you did. He was correct, AB never said (or implied) that team does not need to get better.

May I suggest that you might consider spending less time insulting your fellow posters, and more time working your basic reading comprehension.

Hey buck-o refer to post # 35 which is....

Yeah nobody complained about our pass rush because our pass rush is good. Not arguing that our pass rush was sub-par just that even though it is great it can be a lot better still. Everybody keeps bringing up injuries but guess what injuries are apart of the game and we are a strong enough team that we should've been able to get through it. A better rotation isn't going to stop those guys getting hurt. Again brooks is a good solid player, but I think there are things that he doesn't do well (rushing the passer or dropping back in coverage). I hate nitpickers. We have a legit top 3 defense, and the best front 7 in the game. Fangio is still a great DC. < That is my problem right there. A nitpicker is someone who finds fault with insignificant details and he said he hated them. Then he stated we have a top 3 d ect. implying that he hates the fact that someone is nitpicking about one (or all) of those things.(Fangio) I, like the OP have a difference of opinion.

What does post #35 have to do with my post. I was responding to your post--#27.

Contrary to what you claim, the poster did not imply that the team does not need to get better.

To use your own words: You can continue to play dumb and avoid what I wrote.

Again, I do not like to be called buck-o. I would appreciate it, if you did not call me that. Thank you.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Jim, you're just so damn awesome!
that is that pee wee football at a young age
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
What does post #35 have to do with my post. I was responding to your post--#27.

Contrary to what you claim, the poster did not imply that the team does not need to get better.

To use your own words: You can continue to play dumb and avoid what I wrote.

Again, I do not like to be called buck-o. I would appreciate it, if you did not call me that. Thank you.
take a break buck,,. it is not worth it, trust me
If you want more respect, you might try being less intractable in your opinions. When someone shows you numbers that refute a given opinion of yours, you might try being man enough to at least allow that your opinion might be wrong. If you're unable to do that, whatever. But don't pretend that you're not getting respect for no good reason.

As far as this pissing contest is concerned, Pro Football Focus rates Delanie Walker worst among all tight ends in drop rate. They rate Frank Gore in the middle of the pack among all running backs. Now, I have been following PFF for some years now. They have very powerful statistical tools at their command and sound reasoning. They're pros. They don't really have opinions as much as statistical facts. So, if PFF says something and your opinion is counter to that, sorry, but I'm going with PFF. You may have played football in Pop Warner and High School. Good for you. So did I. That has nothing to do with statistical analysis.

My opinion might be wrong but yours can be too.

The fact that I played football had nothing to do with what we were talking about. Some uninformed person tried to say I've never caught passes with pads on. That person was completely wrong.

I showed you all numbers too, and you refuted them just as I did. We can have a difference of opinion.

PFF might be good, but they exaggerate a bit on walker. Just a bit. But there is no way the titans would pay him to drop balls all year. They obviously see something that you guys and PFF does not.
Share 49ersWebzone