LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Anyone else worried...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mayor
  • Veteran
I don`t know... we do not have really have wide receivers.
Nah if the packers are all we gotta worried bout we could play barefooted.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't worry, be happy.
We will be 2-0 after two games. Green Bay will be closer game than Seattle (both close). 2011 we snuck up on many and went 13-3. With a better 2012 team we snuck up on no one and finished 11-5-1. Seattle will not sneak up and have that advantage. And everyone is expecting us to lose in game #2. Seattle losing at home will devastate them and have them reeling quite a bit. Also, defenses will be able to adjust to Wilson (RG III) easier than Kap. Size always ends up mattering in the NFL.

Also we will cream the Rams twice because we won't take them lightly.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Rascal:
If that's the case, then what are we talking about here ? Of course we are trying to use the best of our knowledge to judge which team "should" get into the playoffs since none of us have crystal balls.

English said "if they make the playoffs." You responded with "you're kidding, right?"

I took that to mean you think it's silly to even question whether or not the Seahawks will make the playoffs. My prediction is that the Seahawks are going to whither a little under the pressure of enhanced expectations and being a team other teams get real up for, they're going to have questionable team chemistry, they're not going to get some lucky breaks they got last season, Wilson's not going to play as well as he did the second half of last season, Carroll's ra-ra act is going to start wearing a little thin as it always has with the pros and they're going to fade a bit.

G-man always has astute stuff. His logic is always rock solid
I don't give a s**t about the Packers win or lose. They always seem to be the over hyped matchup and Jim seems to consistently out coach Mike and make it look easy. Not going to lie I see the Seahawks as a team that gets too much credit prematurely but I would trade a loss week 1 to whip their ass week 2.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I don't give a s**t about the Packers win or lose. They always seem to be the over hyped matchup and Jim seems to consistently out coach Mike and make it look easy. Not going to lie I see the Seahawks as a team that gets too much credit prematurely but I would trade a loss week 1 to whip their ass week 2.

True. It would still sting to lose the opener in the year of the Stick's swan song even though we had all summer to match wits with a foe that has expressed in so many ways that we are the measuring stick and their public enemy number 1. Rodgers has even insinuated that what we are doing with Kaep is a gimmick flash in the pan type phenomenon
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

True. It would still sting to lose the opener in the year of the Stick's swan song even though we had all summer to match wits with a foe that has expressed in so many ways that we are the measuring stick and their public enemy number 1. Rodgers has even insinuated that what we are doing with Kaep is a gimmick flash in the pan type phenomenon

Let's hope we can have our cake and eat it too. Beat the Packers and hold Rodgers to <10 points and then hand Seattle their ass in front of their home crowd.

All insignificant though as all we are really after is a return to the promise land. We are so close to the start of a dynasty hopefully these guys can deliver and return the 49ers to their former storied glory.
  • Jiks
I'm worried Kaep goes down, God forbid, then what?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Most every team has this problem but they don't have Harbaugh mentoring QBs now do they? All Kaep has to do is protect himself and be smart running the football

Then we have a mediocre Alex Smith offense that relies on defense/special teams behind Colt McCoy to win games, Where we narrowly win by mostly field goals and our kicker will make the pro bowl. That wont happen though the Kapernator will remain healthy.
  • Jiks
Most every team has this problem but they don't have Harbaugh mentoring QBs now do they? All Kaep has to do is protect himself and be smart running the football

Yeah but not every QB has similar skill sets. I fully expect our offense to be built around Kaep. How does Colt Mccoys run a similar offense to what Kaep will run? How will other players react not having Kaeps mobility and arm strength? To me it's a whole different offense not only on the QB, but oline, running backs, and newer receivers. Just feel Kaep is the nucleus to this offense, he is the motor. Not having him out there might really change the complexities.

Yeah but not every QB has similar skill sets. I fully expect our offense to be built around Kaep. How does Colt Mccoys run a similar offense to what Kaep will run? How will other players react not having Kaeps mobility and arm strength? To me it's a whole different offense not only on the QB, but oline, running backs, and newer receivers. Just feel Kaep is the nucleus to this offense, he is the motor. Not having him out there might really change the complexities.

If Kap goes down (please god NOOO!) then I guarantee they run the same offense with Colt as they did with Alex Smith. He is a cheap insurance policy that can service a team through a rough patch. Colt has the same Skill set Alex had and look how far we went with him.

Kaep is the center of the offense and what drives down field explosiveness but McCoy is a band aid that could carry the team or at least manage it should we lose our main attraction (God forbid ... please stay healthy Kap).
  • Jiks

Then we have a mediocre Alex Smith offense that relies on defense/special teams behind Colt McCoy to win games, Where we narrowly win by mostly field goals and our kicker will make the pro bowl. That wont happen though the Kapernator will remain healthy.

I think Alex is a much better QB than Colt. Colt is a backup and his play has proven that. Alex is a starter. I can see the similarities as far as skill set but I still feel Alex is better at running a particular offense. Really don't want to debate that though. Again Colt is a good reliable backup, but I feel it will be a significant drop off. But you are right, this is what will happen, but the drop off in production is what worries me.

I think Alex is a much better QB than Colt. Colt is a backup and his play has proven that. Alex is a starter. I can see the similarities as far as skill set but I still feel Alex is better at running a particular offense. Really don't want to debate that though. Again Colt is a good reliable backup, but I feel it will be a significant drop off. But you are right, this is what will happen, but the drop off in production is what worries me.

While I do agree with you on most of what you said I think under Harbaugh you see a similar performance out of Colt. Alex might be a better QB but Harbs is a connoisseur of QBs and I would bet anything we could still make the post season with him. Might not be anything to write home about but with our stacked roster at RB and scheming I know he could work right into the offense. I imagine that the first game he started might be an ugly one but I think he could dink and dunk us when needed and like I said be a band aid in an emergency.
Share 49ersWebzone