LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Anyone else worried...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by BayArea:
While I do agree with you on most of what you said I think under Harbaugh you see a similar performance out of Colt. Alex might be a better QB but Harbs is a connoisseur of QBs and I would bet anything we could still make the post season with him. Might not be anything to write home about but with our stacked roster at RB and scheming I know he could work right into the offense. I imagine that the first game he started might be an ugly one but I think he could dink and dunk us when needed and like I said be a band aid in an emergency.

Can't really argue with that. Just feel the difference between making the playoffs and making a deep run is what's at stake. Once Colt starts playing top 6 teams week in and week out it may bite us in the butt. But I guess that could be said for most backups. I just really don't want to find out, thus the concern. With Kaep we have a nice chance, with Colt or whomever not so much.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
While I do agree with you on most of what you said I think under Harbaugh you see a similar performance out of Colt. Alex might be a better QB but Harbs is a connoisseur of QBs and I would bet anything we could still make the post season with him. Might not be anything to write home about but with our stacked roster at RB and scheming I know he could work right into the offense. I imagine that the first game he started might be an ugly one but I think he could dink and dunk us when needed and like I said be a band aid in an emergency.

Can't really argue with that. Just feel the difference between making the playoffs and making a deep run is what's at stake. Once Colt starts playing top 6 teams week in and week out it may bite us in the butt. But I guess that could be said for most backups. I just really don't want to find out, thus the concern. With Kaep we have a nice chance, with Colt or whomever not so much.

I am with you and it's hard to imagine us winning the superbowl with Colt if Kap were to go down say week 15 and be out for the season. I wouldn't worry if we get our boy back by playoff time and Colt only needs to help us with seeding or something midway through the season. Don't get me wrong though I am not saying I have high hopes with McCoy starting and leading us to a championship because I don't, just that in a pinch I wouldn't feel as worried as say..... Tolzien or other alternatives.
There were people who wondered how far Alex Smith would take us under Harbaugh.

We all saw how that happened. I trust Harbaugh to get a similar performance out of guys like McCoy/Tolzien IF need be.

Lets hope we never have to even anticipate this sort of scenario...
Originally posted by niner4life21:

We all saw how that happened. I trust Harbaugh to get a similar performance out of guys like McCoy/Tolzien IF need be.

Say twenty hail Kaps and we shall rein for 4 championships.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Say twenty hail Kaps and we shall rein for 4 championships.

i drew a pentagram on the ground, chanted "i summon thee " 3 times and we gave roman an extension
Hey Old Joe, thanks for the kind words above!

I can only speak for myself, but I'm always worried about any game. The Packers? Damn right I'm worried. I think the Niners have their number right now, but this is the NFL and you can never be sure. Aaron Rodgers has the game to light it up big time any given Sunday. And, if I weren't worried about week 2, I'd be a fool.

Would anyone have predicted that the Niners wouldn't be able to beat the Rams last year? How about that Vikings game?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think Alex is a much better QB than Colt. Colt is a backup and his play has proven that. Alex is a starter. I can see the similarities as far as skill set but I still feel Alex is better at running a particular offense. Really don't want to debate that though. Again Colt is a good reliable backup, but I feel it will be a significant drop off. But you are right, this is what will happen, but the drop off in production is what worries me.

Since Colt McCoy has never played for Jim Harbaugh, the more appropriate comparison would be McCoy to Smith the way Smith was playing pre-Harbaugh. McCoy looks more comparable using that metric. We don't know what McCoy will look like playing for Harbaugh, but if the past shows us anything, it suggests that McCoy will play a lot better under Harbaugh than he has before in his career.

But yeah, we want Kaepernick to stay healthy.
All this talk about Colt(my favorite Horns player), comes back to GNielsen's last sentence above: "Kap staying healthy" .....which is why I believe this yr , Coach H is going to have Kap doing a lot less of designated running plays. You don't have to be a genius to see what happened say...to the Redskins, after all of RG3s amazing running plays. He tears up his knee...again. I just don't think Coach H is going to be putting Kap in that situation like he did last yr, and I think instead is going to go to more RB plays and standard pocket passing. Sure, Kap can improvise when things break down with his runs, but I don't think Coach will be calling those plays. Kap seems to be perfectly able to thread the needle with fastballs, occasionally touch passes(not many), and he can easily hand off the ball. If Kap comes out against the Pack running the ball like last yr, then yes, Colt better be ready. I don't think JH will do that, however...will he?
No I'm not worried
The only thing that worries me about GB week 1 is our WRs. Who the Heck is gonna step up in place of Crabs? The line is still SF -5.5 and that's what the line was even before Crabs got hurt, so obviously Vegas doesn't think too much about Crabs injury.

Nope they don't want none
Long time zoned first time poster, Is Aldons wingspan close to 18 inches longer than Bryan Bulagas or did I misread.
I worry about every game to be honest. This is the NFL and any and every team can beat you.
Could turn out to be quite a battle that game. Opening up the season with somebody we could face in a playoff game.
With Kaep behind center, not at all. Last year with Alex, I was kinda worried. If Rodgers went all out and put their team in front, I didnt think Alex had the game to come from behind. Lucky for us we were ahead the entire game.

Kaep has proven over and over that the scoreboard doesnt matter. He played GB toe to toe and then put the dagger in their hearts, then brought us from behind vs ATL and BAL.

I think we win BIG.
Share 49ersWebzone