LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"Levi's Stadium" sounds weird. They should just call it Levi Strauss Field.

Hard to imagine that they were the highest bidder among the entire silicon valley...Just from a money standpoint it seems like a total fail to not have gotten a huge deal with a company that could afford it. I would understand if Levi's offered some ridiculous amount, but all the multi-billion dollar tech companies in their own backyard couldnt beat 11 mil per year?
Goldrush Girls gonna be like..

• jrg
  • Veteran
^^ Ok, that's acceptable
forget the football game...
Originally posted by 4NINA4LIFE:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by 4NINA4LIFE:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Oh crap, you do know we are all going to get ripped by all the Seahags fans right ?! SOB !! What's wrong with Oracle or something ?! They own the America's Cup team. Thanks Jed !!

Jed can't beat money out of people if they don't want to pay the freight . . . and eff the Hawk fans . . . the question for them is Why is their little elfen QB pimping for a San Francisco based company?

I'm pretty sure Levi's is pimping him and asked him to do it. The guy had a crazy rookie season and seems like a good role model with a great upbringing. I like how he talks about the values he learned from his dad and how he mentioned how little kids are watching. A lot of young NFL players could learn a thing or two from this ad.

Yeah, I'm sure he wrote the add

Ok so first you said it was he who went to Levi's to pimp stuff for their company and now you're saying none of the words he's saying came from his thoughts?

OK, a few things...

#1 - The ad was released in mid-September, which means Levi's essentially green-lighted the spot to be shot as soon as Wilson was named the starter. So Levi's actually had enough confidence in the guy to do the ad before Wilson even did anything in the league.

#2 - No, Wilson didn't WRITE the ad. Advertising agency creatives would have pitched the concept. The spot's chosen director would have interviewed Wilson for voice over material. Then they shoot all the b-roll in Seattle.

You guys are killing me here.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Holy sh*t she is hot !!!
awesome!! i like this deal

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Also acceptable! Good thread people!! Laughs a-plenty in here. I know Levi's jeans aren't exactly setting the world on fire today but dang I really don't get all the negative comments. I've enjoyed reading all of them although to me it doesn't really matter what they call the stadium. I would however like to see the field named something else. Like Bill Walsh field!!! Not sure if thats still a possibility but I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Also acceptable! Good thread people!! Laughs a-plenty in here. I know Levi's jeans aren't exactly setting the world on fire today but dang I really don't get all the negative comments. I've enjoyed reading all of them although to me it doesn't really matter what they call the stadium. I would however like to see the field named something else. Like Bill Walsh field!!! Not sure if thats still a possibility but I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

It's already gonna be Bill Walsh Field
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Cool, my middle name is Levi, the world is almost complete.
Welcome to "The Stitch" where the 49ers play the Seahawks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

It's already gonna be Bill Walsh Field

I thought so but I with all the comments about it being called Levi's field and such I was starting to wonder. Thanks for setting me straight DD!
Share 49ersWebzone