There are 266 users in the forums

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4NINA4LIFE:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nothing says football like Levis.......Horrible name

Levi's has been around for decades and I'm sure we've all owned a pair once in our lives. I own a couple of pairs right now. If you didn't think it was a problem when that red tag was on your butt, there shouldn't be a problem right now. 501 Stadium sounds nice to me.

I could roll with 501 stadium or 501 field...

"We going to the 501 for The game" I could live with that

Yes! Either one sounds good.

And Niners fans can be called the "501st Legion"
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I did NOT expect that. LOL
"The Fly"
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Oh crap, you do know we are all going to get ripped by all the Seahags fans right ?! SOB !! What's wrong with Oracle or something ?! They own the America's Cup team. Thanks Jed !!

Jed can't beat money out of people if they don't want to pay the freight . . . and eff the Hawk fans . . . the question for them is Why is their little elfen QB pimping for a San Francisco based company?

I'm pretty sure Levi's is pimping him and asked him to do it. The guy had a crazy rookie season and seems like a good role model with a great upbringing. I like how he talks about the values he learned from his dad and how he mentioned how little kids are watching. A lot of young NFL players could learn a thing or two from this ad.

Yeah, I'm sure he wrote the add

Ok so first you said it was he who went to Levi's to pimp stuff for their company and now you're saying none of the words he's saying came from his thoughts?

OK, a few things...

#1 - The ad was released in mid-September, which means Levi's essentially green-lighted the spot to be shot as soon as Wilson was named the starter. So Levi's actually had enough confidence in the guy to do the ad before Wilson even did anything in the league.

#2 - No, Wilson didn't WRITE the ad. Advertising agency creatives would have pitched the concept. The spot's chosen director would have interviewed Wilson for voice over material. Then they shoot all the b-roll in Seattle.

You guys are killing me here.

Sounds like you are in the advertising industry. I have been doing it for over 20 years now.

There are 2 possibilities here :

1) Wilson was used and paid like any celebrity to simply shoot the spot and end of story
2) Or Levi's may sponsor Wilson as a spokesperson for the Levi's brand under contract

Either way, it is still not wise for the part of the 9ers or even Levi's as it is a PR nightmare. It is just really awkward to explain and defuse it. One thing for sure, that spot will never be aired again. I sure hope the PR agencies are preparing the Q & A for both parties now. One thing for sure, the media is going to kill it cos is a massive piss-take.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Nothing says football like Levis.......Horrible name

Levi's has been around for decades and I'm sure we've all owned a pair once in our lives. I own a couple of pairs right now. If you didn't think it was a problem when that red tag was on your butt, there shouldn't be a problem right now. 501 Stadium sounds nice to me.

I could roll with 501 stadium or 501 field...

"We going to the 501 for The game" I could live with that

Yes! Either one sounds good.

And Niners fans can be called the "501st Legion"

Obligatory Star Wars reference complete.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I like the House of Strauss

Bill Walsh Field at The House of Strauss.......great, but too long???

"The Stitch" is pretty cool
The Stitch or The 501 I could live with.

I personally wished for Google to get rights. The Googleplex just had a cool ring to it. :o
Sounds like you are in the advertising industry. I have been doing it for over 20 years now.

1) Wilson was used and paid like any celebrity to simply shoot the spot and end of story
2) Or Levi's may sponsor Wilson as a spokesperson for the Levi's brand under contract

Either way, it is still not wise for the part of the 9ers or even Levi's as it is a PR nightmare. It is just really awkward to explain and defuse it. One thing for sure, that spot will never be aired again. I sure hope the PR agencies are preparing the Q & A for both parties now. One thing for sure, the media is going to kill it cos is a massive piss-take.

dude get a grip. there is no PR nightmare. hahahha
Oh crap, you do know we are all going to get ripped by all the Seahags fans right ?! SOB !! What's wrong with Oracle or something ?! They own the America's Cup team. Thanks Jed !!

Jed can't beat money out of people if they don't want to pay the freight . . . and eff the Hawk fans . . . the question for them is Why is their little elfen QB pimping for a San Francisco based company?

I'm pretty sure Levi's is pimping him and asked him to do it. The guy had a crazy rookie season and seems like a good role model with a great upbringing. I like how he talks about the values he learned from his dad and how he mentioned how little kids are watching. A lot of young NFL players could learn a thing or two from this ad.

Yeah, I'm sure he wrote the add

Ok so first you said it was he who went to Levi's to pimp stuff for their company and now you're saying none of the words he's saying came from his thoughts?

OK, a few things...

#1 - The ad was released in mid-September, which means Levi's essentially green-lighted the spot to be shot as soon as Wilson was named the starter. So Levi's actually had enough confidence in the guy to do the ad before Wilson even did anything in the league.

#2 - No, Wilson didn't WRITE the ad. Advertising agency creatives would have pitched the concept. The spot's chosen director would have interviewed Wilson for voice over material. Then they shoot all the b-roll in Seattle.

You guys are killing me here.

That is so wrong it's hilarious.

If you've been working in advertising for over 20 years, you'd know it's not even CLOSE to a PR nightmare. It's just a couple of endorsements. Subway sponsors RG3 & Justin Tuck, and they're in the same division. Gillette sponsors a ton of athletes like Matt Ryan, Ray Rice, & Clay Matthews (and that's not even counting Old Spice, with is a Proctor & Gamble company, which also owns Gillette), and they sponsor the Patriots' field as well.

Your response is a ridiculous take on a non-issue. Who in the media is going to "kill it?" They ask one question at a press conference and it's over.

MEDIA - "Any take on Levi's sponsoring both the 49ers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson?"

LEVI'S - "As a brand, we try to place endorsements with athletes that represent the values we have as a company. We feel both Russell Wilson and the San Francisco 49ers hold true to those values, and we are honored to be affiliated with both parties."

Done. But yes, I'm sure they'll be scrambling to explain this to the media.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM ]

The Denim Digs....so christened...
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

The Denims Den
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

The Denims Den

New name of the fans attending the stadium: The Button Flies

That is so wrong it's hilarious.

If you've been working in advertising for over 20 years, you'd know it's not even CLOSE to a PR nightmare. It's just a couple of endorsements. Subway sponsors RG3 & Justin Tuck, and they're in the same division. Gillette sponsors a ton of athletes like Matt Ryan, Ray Rice, & Clay Matthews (and that's not even counting Old Spice, with is a Proctor & Gamble company, which also owns Gillette), and they sponsor the Patriots' field as well.

Your response is a ridiculous take on a non-issue. Who in the media is going to "kill it?" They ask one question at a press conference and it's over.

MEDIA - "Any take on Levi's sponsoring both the 49ers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson?"

LEVI'S - "As a brand, we try to place endorsements with athletes that represent the values we have as a company. We feel both Russell Wilson and the San Francisco 49ers hold true to those values, and we are honored to be affiliated with both parties."

Done. But yes, I'm sure they'll be scrambling to explain this to the media.

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! BOOM
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
PANTS PARK!
Share 49ersWebzone