LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Nothing to complain about here.

An elite deal for an elite organization. Well played, Jed.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
That is so wrong it's hilarious.

If you've been working in advertising for over 20 years, you'd know it's not even CLOSE to a PR nightmare. It's just a couple of endorsements. Subway sponsors RG3 & Justin Tuck, and they're in the same division. Gillette sponsors a ton of athletes like Matt Ryan, Ray Rice, & Clay Matthews (and that's not even counting Old Spice, with is a Proctor & Gamble company, which also owns Gillette), and they sponsor the Patriots' field as well.

Your response is a ridiculous take on a non-issue. Who in the media is going to "kill it?" They ask one question at a press conference and it's over.

MEDIA - "Any take on Levi's sponsoring both the 49ers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson?"

LEVI'S - "As a brand, we try to place endorsements with athletes that represent the values we have as a company. We feel both Russell Wilson and the San Francisco 49ers hold true to those values, and we are honored to be affiliated with both parties."

Done. But yes, I'm sure they'll be scrambling to explain this to the media.

LOL. I am sorry, you are making me laugh.

OK, so in your opinion, there is absolutely no conflict of interest right ?

So, based on your media answer, I suppose Levi's should carry on airing the Russell Wilson spot then ?

And what about on the part of the 9ers ? What if there was an uproar from the 9ers fans upon finding out Russell Wilson is in fact a spokeperson for the Levi's brand ?

And by the way what if and when the media decides to make a story out of this ? Would you for one be happy if you see headlines plastered across the media "49ers' New Stadium Partner Levi's Sponsors Divisional Rival Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson" ?

I don't know whether you remember Boris Becker, the tennis player ? He was sponsored by Ford and was caught speeding in a Porsche. It turned into a PR nightmare once local news turned international.

Oh well, if you think is hunky dory, then be it.

To me, there is a conflict of interest here, unless Levi's decides to drop Russell Wilson as a spokesperson for the brand now, it will be highly inappropriate.

Is like if Manchester United sells Old Trafford's naming rights to Levi's and yet Levi's sponsors the lead striker of Chelsea. That will never happen !!

Yes, there is absolutely no conflict of interest, per my previous explanation, though I doubt you will see the Wilson spot air during anything but a Seahawks game regardless.

I tend to agree. Nike sponsores how many athletes from different teams? Under Armor?

No conflict.

No, that is not the same. When you sponsor individual athletes, they are just exactly that, individual sports personalities. You are not sponsoring their teams. The problem here is the naming rights of the 49ers stadium pertains to the San Francisco 49ers, the team/franchise as a whole. Once you cross into the competing team level, then there is a conflict of interest. It is not like Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick happen to be wearing Nike for example. There is a distinct difference between individuals and teams.

I think you're looking way, way too deep man.

Give me a scenario in which this would be a problem. I just don't see it.

Is it ideal? No...but who cares?
No problems here with Levis Stadium i was hoping for Bill Walsh field somewhere im there though. Its not like the gay jokes havent always been thrown at this team.
Wish Wrangler bought the rights.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

oh well, money is money and times are rough.

PREPARE YOURSELVES

THE GAY JOKES ARE COMING
I don't see the funny in thinking a legendary jeans maker is gay

but go on, please do tell since it's hilarious to you

I'll let the seahawks and raider fans tell you for me.

Hashtag leather chaps.
nope, still not seeing it
Arrowhead
Bank of America
Century link
Cowboys stadium
Edward jones dome
Ever bank
Fedex
First energy
Ford
Georgia dome
Gillette
Heinz
Hubert h Humphrey
Lambeau
Lincoln financial
LP
Lucas Oil
M&T Bank
Mercedes-Benz
MetLife
O.co
Paul Brown
Qualcomm
Ralph Wilson
Raymond James
Reliant
Soldier Field
Sports Authority
Sun Life
University of Phoenix

I'd say only Arrowhead, Lambeau & Soldier Field have better names than us. Candlestick is #1 but that's now over with

Levis better start making khakis for Harbs.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Levis better start making khakis for Harbs.

dockers
Who the f**k cares what the name is?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Who the f**k cares what the name is?

To me it seems the only people who care are the ones worried about the gay jokes.

oh well, money is money and times are rough.

PREPARE YOURSELVES

THE GAY JOKES ARE COMING
I don't see the funny in thinking a legendary jeans maker is gay

but go on, please do tell since it's hilarious to you

I'll let the seahawks and raider fans tell you for me.

Hashtag leather chaps.
nope, still not seeing it

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Arrowhead
Bank of America
Century link
Cowboys stadium
Edward jones dome
Ever bank
Fedex
First energy
Ford
Georgia dome
Gillette
Heinz
Hubert h Humphrey
Lambeau
Lincoln financial
LP
Lucas Oil
M&T Bank
Mercedes-Benz
MetLife
O.co
Paul Brown
Qualcomm
Ralph Wilson
Raymond James
Reliant
Soldier Field
Sports Authority
Sun Life
University of Phoenix

I'd say only Arrowhead, Lambeau & Soldier Field have better names than us. Candlestick is #1 but that's now over with

candlestick is a stupid name if you think about it
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
there are a lot worse names I could think of than Levi's

NAME ONE!
Originally posted by Defuego:
Originally posted by boast:
Levi Strauss & Co. (LS&Co.) announced that it will present the Santa Clara Stadium Authority a proposal for a 20-year, $220 million naming rights agreement for "Levi's® Stadium" on Thursday, May 9, 2013.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Levis-Proposes-Stadium-Naming-Rights/a2d52c6d-db7a-4040-9ced-a04bc0198eb7

***any posts mentioning religion will come with a 25% warning

It looks like this picture is predicting that Delanie Walker will be back with the 49ers some time after the 2013 season.

Apparently Delanie Walker is the only guy allowed to wear #46 on the 49ers?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
there are a lot worse names I could think of than Levi's

NAME ONE!

Better than being named after ketchup

Share 49ersWebzone