LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Kap voted to Top 100 players of 2013 vNFL players vote......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
81 on the NFLN list is preposterous. I would have rather him been omitted for lack of body of work, or he placed where he rightfully belongs. Anyway, the RSPWP2 massive twitter fantasy draft is more fun to follow anyway. CK went 11th overall there:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013-rsp-football-writers-project/writers-project-draft-room/

81 is ridiculous when you consider his production on the field. If you take his stats and forecast what he would do in 16 games, he would be close to 4,000 yds passing and 1,000 yards rushing. Yet he's ranked 14th among signal callers. Wrong again NFLN, he's a top 5 QB in my eyes.

He'd be a lot higher on this list if he actually did play 16 games. Don't understand why folks are getting their panties in a bunch over this. He's probably the only guy to have played for 1/2 a season and is still on this list.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
81 on the NFLN list is preposterous. I would have rather him been omitted for lack of body of work, or he placed where he rightfully belongs. Anyway, the RSPWP2 massive twitter fantasy draft is more fun to follow anyway. CK went 11th overall there:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013-rsp-football-writers-project/writers-project-draft-room/

81 is ridiculous when you consider his production on the field. If you take his stats and forecast what he would do in 16 games, he would be close to 4,000 yds passing and 1,000 yards rushing. Yet he's ranked 14th among signal callers. Wrong again NFLN, he's a top 5 QB in my eyes.

He'd be a lot higher on this list if he actually did play 16 games. Don't understand why folks are getting their panties in a bunch over this. He's probably the only guy to have played for 1/2 a season and is still on this list.

lol. It's the off-season, bro. I have to get my panties in a bunch over something. Just one of those days.

I just cringe when I think of a few of the QB's that will be ranked ahead of him. Yeah he only started 10 games, but in those 10 games he accomplished more than what the vast majority of starting QB's have done in their ENTIRE careers.

Here's to Kaep ranking in #1 next year.
Most don't realize that the voting was done before the playoffs, so the fact that Keap is that high on the list says something.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Keap who dat???

Kaepernick=Keap

Don't think so.

Kaepernick--yes
Kaep--ok
Kap--ok
Cap--sound is right,, but weird.
Remember when tebow was on the top 100? Lmao
Originally posted by dobophile:
This sounds about right.

Kaep is very talented but he needs to stop skipping legs days at the gym. Dude is becoming too muscular and heavy up top, but his legs remain as scrawny as ever. He will probably snap a tendon or a ligament sometime in the next couple seasons.

Dude no offense but you have no clue what you're talking about
I wonder who elsa made the top 100 while only playing 10 games.... food for thought
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Extremely relevant information!

The reason I think isn't that Kap isn't as high or better than those QBs is that most of them have at the minimum, played a full season. Kap is still in his infancy and nobody is denying his talent or how good he can be. Next year if he stays on pace he would easily break the top 50 if not higher and at the worst be a top 10 QB IMO.

You probably wouldn't put most elite QBs out there much higher in their first 9 starts. I am happy with it and just the fact that he made this list essentially as a rookie is a huge accomplishment. If he had won the superbowl (ie scored an additional touchdown in a single game) he probably would have been like 30-40 selections higher. This list is kind of a popularity gimmick anyway.
  • CRUD
If those last three plays in the Superbowl were called different/panned out different he'd be in the top 30. You know, as in, if we won the SB. This season is the true test. Opposing teams have film to study, we have new offensive weapons, Kaep has some experience. No more quarterback controversy distraction. He's played in the biggest game football has to offer so I'd say Kaep is ready to take the league by the throat and choke it into submission but there will be some bumps in the road for sure.

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.
If you said based off of their career resumes I could accept putting Eli, Big Ben, Brees, and Peyton ahead of Kap but it stops their. As for RIGHT NOW it's debateable on who is better between RG3, Luck, Wilson and Kap it's a toss up. But Stafford, Scaub, and Ryan don't even belong to this convo. Flacco idk, jury is still out regardless of that super bowl win.
  • CRUD
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

Flacco idk, jury is still out regardless of that super bowl win.

Flaco knows without Boldin his numbers are going to suffer. Raves were a one hit wonder. Niners are the real deal and Kaep is driving this boat straight into a new dynasty.
Originally posted by CRUD:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

Flacco idk, jury is still out regardless of that super bowl win.

Flaco knows without Boldin his numbers are going to suffer. Raves were a one hit wonder. Niners are the real deal and Kaep is driving this boat straight into a new dynasty.

s**t Boldin deserves that superbowl MVP more than Flacco. Is there anybody out there who can deny that Boldin is at the very least MVP of the playoffs? He killed it and made Flacco look like the best QB in the league.

My bet is the Ravens don't even make the playoffs as well as my prediction for an over hyped 8-8 by the Seaturkeys.
Originally posted by CRUD:
If those last three plays in the Superbowl were called different/panned out different he'd be in the top 30. You know, as in, if we won the SB. This season is the true test. Opposing teams have film to study, we have new offensive weapons, Kaep has some experience. No more quarterback controversy distraction. He's played in the biggest game football has to offer so I'd say Kaep is ready to take the league by the throat and choke it into submission but there will be some bumps in the road for sure.

The rankings were also done before the playoffs.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Extremely relevant information!

Yeah!
Share 49ersWebzone