LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

our offense needs two more viable weapons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xtm059:
If we don't draft defense first i'll froth at the mouth. Needs doing, and everyone knows it.

If the value is higher on the offensive side at 31 than it is on defense then it's a no brainer to go offense. This draft is also much deeper on defense and there's not as big of a gap between first round defensive players and 3rd round.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
No, it isn't.

Baalke said good teams draft for need two years before they need it. With all the money invested in the O-Line and what will definitely be coming to Kaep and Aldon, the general consensus is Crabtree will be gone in 2 years. Boldin is getting old and we don't know how long he'll be good, or how long he'll even stick around. Manningham destroyed his leg, we don't know if he'll truly recover. Kyle Williams is average. AJ Jenkins couldn't even play over some dude we signed off the street less than a month before.

So, we're set for next year with 2 good starters, but no depth. After next year, we could wind up with nothing at WR.

So, again, we are NOT set at WR.

This. Boldin was a good pickup but he is a short term solution. Kyle is good but not enough to be a no.2 or possibly no.1. Manninghams injury is very suspect and who knows if he can come back 100%. Crabtree is gonna want the big bucks and we are probably gonna save that money for kap and aldon. An AJ..... who knows whats going on with him.

Plus Walsh always replaced people just as they are approaching the end of their prime. I expect Harbaugh to follow a similar path.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree w your assessment that we need a TE and a speedy WR.

IMO, it isn't nor will it be Tavon.

Here's what I've been thinking.

A hybrid of both. A big, fast TE/WR who has GOOD hands.

Doesn't have to be a blocking monster BUT can still block well. We have Miller, who - IMO is a hell of a blocker wnad will be used more in that regard. The TE?WR doesn't have to be super-fast or 6'6" but big enough to out jump corners and fast enough to beat man coverage.

Here's my Question [and this goes to the heart of this post] Is there a guy who fits that description and can do both?

AJ Jenkins and Travis Kelce
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
AJ Jenkins and Travis Kelce

AJ jenkins needs to put on weight. How is it at the end of the season he still looked miniscule?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pickle:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Celek has one year in the system... he was a rookie UDFA.

Also, you gave Cameron Morrah a sad. He's people, too....

Do you know what their jersey numbers are without having to look them up?

gave him a sad? I misspoke on celek in terms of years (this is his second year) but I don't understand why we are not thinking those on the roster could be effective--you can include Morrah in this. Also, grew up 5 miles from the new stadium--almost 50 years old. That would make me a niner fan since 1963. I didn't jump on in 1982 or later like many here. It was a simple comment to get other's thoughts.

Sorry about that... I was just yanking your chain, not calling you out or anything.

I understand what you meant by the number of years now. He'll have gone through his second off-season with the team. That is a good point.

Giving Morrah a sad just meant that (had he been reading this) he would have felt forgotten and unloved because you didn't mention him. I was joking because most fans didn't even know who he was when he signed. He's not exactly high profile. He does have talent, though. Just can't stay healthy.

The jersey number comment was a joke, too. They both had just received new numbers a couple days before the post. Celek gave up 81 to Boldin and took 88 and Morrah chose 89 after signing. I don't think many fans would have known that off the top of their heads.

I'm actually really rather obtuse. It's a character defect that I've given up on changing and have decided to embrace it instead. Perhaps not my best choice in life.

Again, many apologies.

I like your choice of User Names.
We lost the Super Bowl because of the lack of depth on the defensive line and the lack of pass rush exposed our weakness in the secondary, so defense 1st two rounds,would be nice.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
We lost the Super Bowl because of the lack of depth on the defensive line and the lack of pass rush exposed our weakness in the secondary, so defense 1st two rounds,would be nice.

Originally posted by Wheelz29:

Our best defensive player was also not close to 100% for the super bowl either. An extra playmaker or two on offense and we would have won also. Both sides need some players.
Share 49ersWebzone