There are 239 users in the forums

our offense needs two more viable weapons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cashmahne:
depth for LBs and DL is more of a need.
Yep,Datrone Jones,Tank Carridne,Sam Collins, to name a few..Rather wait for a TE./HB. Cris Graggs in the 4th or 5th rd. Ace Sander KR. In the 6th.....
Is Tavon Austin worlds ahead of Ace Sanders and Denard Robinson? I don't believe so. Invest the first pick into a safety or d lineman and let guys slip to later picks. This is what they will end up doing I'm positive. In a perfect world I'd say yeah take Tavon but there are other more pressing needs. This team is set at receiver.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I don't think the team has given up on AJ Jenkins yet...

Or Manningham or Williams. All 3 are 4.3 guys. Surely at least one of Manningham/Williams will maintain that. Probably Williams given he's reportedly had a rapid recovery and how bloody quick he was last year. CK to Williams could be quite dangerous ala Brees to Henderson IMO.
Tavon Austin and Zach Ertz
trade 31 and few picks go get Austin @34 Zach
PR ,KR , WR, TE in 2 picks
whole league would feel sick
Why are people ignoring TE Celek already on our roster? I do believe they could use another tight end, but I don't know how desperate harbaugh is about adding an early te considering celek has already spent two years in the system and might be ready to contribute more.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Travis Kelce and Da'Rick Rogers!! I wouldn't mind grabbing Patterson if he falls that guy is a weapon for sure. I like Keenan Allen too he is gonna be a good pro receiver.

This.

Top two pick on defense. The next two picks on these guys.
You know who would be happy if the Niners used their first picks for offense? Other offensive coordinators in the NFC West. I just find it kind of strange that after watching the team give up 30 points a game in the playoffs, fans seem to think that the team should use its most important picks on offense. And, when you consider the fact that this draft is deeper in defensive talent, especially at safety and defensive line, than a draft has been in years, it's even more strange to me.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pickle:
Why are people ignoring TE Celek already on our roster? I do believe they could use another tight end, but I don't know how desperate harbaugh is about adding an early te considering celek has already spent two years in the system and might be ready to contribute more.

Celek has one year in the system... he was a rookie UDFA.

Also, you gave Cameron Morrah a sad. He's people, too....

Do you know what their jersey numbers are without having to look them up?
Agree w your assessment that we need a TE and a speedy WR.

IMO, it isn't nor will it be Tavon.

Here's what I've been thinking.

A hybrid of both. A big, fast TE/WR who has GOOD hands.

Doesn't have to be a blocking monster BUT can still block well. We have Miller, who - IMO is a hell of a blocker wnad will be used more in that regard. The TE?WR doesn't have to be super-fast or 6'6" but big enough to out jump corners and fast enough to beat man coverage.

Here's my Question [and this goes to the heart of this post] Is there a guy who fits that description and can do both?

Originally posted by GNielsen:
You know who would be happy if the Niners used their first picks for offense? Other offensive coordinators in the NFC West. I just find it kind of strange that after watching the team give up 30 points a game in the playoffs, fans seem to think that the team should use its most important picks on offense. And, when you consider the fact that this draft is deeper in defensive talent, especially at safety and defensive line, than a draft has been in years, it's even more strange to me.

I couldn't agree more. At the beginning of the offseason i screamed defense and special teams. Baalke really satisfied the ST need, and now we need defensive depth
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We have a nice set of weapons already ...Boldin , Davis , Crabtree , Gore , LMJ ,

plus other players coming back from injury or yet to make some sort of impact due to inexperience ..Williams, Hunter, Manningham , Jenkins

but I hope we find a couple more weapons for the Arsenal

1.) TE: .....Ertz , Kelce , Escobar ...we need another option to add to our 2 TE sets ...plus another big bodied target for the redzone will go a long way in improving our attack

2.) a speedy WR : ....Austin will be gone by the time we pick , but we need to find some speed to play the slot , put in the backfield in the pistol , stretch the field from the outside, etc...we need that x-factor /swiss army knife that will add an extra dimension to our offense , Walker's absence will be felt, his versatility allowed us to try new things and expand the playbook even more....hopefully we add these two pieces to our offense and start slicing up defenses all year long

that Speedy WR is Jenkins man
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Celek has one year in the system... he was a rookie UDFA.

Also, you gave Cameron Morrah a sad. He's people, too....

Do you know what their jersey numbers are without having to look them up?

gave him a sad? I misspoke on celek in terms of years (this is his second year) but I don't understand why we are not thinking those on the roster could be effective--you can include Morrah in this. Also, grew up 5 miles from the new stadium--almost 50 years old. That would make me a niner fan since 1963. I didn't jump on in 1982 or later like many here. It was a simple comment to get other's thoughts.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Two words, Four weapons (KR/PR/WR/RB), one name.....Tavon Austin

808 while I agree and austin would be my first choice he is not the only player that fits that description in this draft. I posted this elsewhere but thought it made since here as well. i do think regardless of weather it is Austin or one later we will draft someone with a similar skill set. There are only a handfull in the draft but I think that we will draft one even if we cant get austin or patterson early there are a few other players that fill the skillset that I see available in the draft. They are:

Austin or Patterson in the 1st round
Robert Woods or Markus Wheaton in the early to mid rounds.
Marqise Goodwin or Ace Sanders in the mid to late rounds.

I do expect we will draft one of those 6 player who can play receiver, take end arounds or plays out of the backfield to the house, and return kicks and punts well. These are the 6 player i believe fit that description and so i think we will get one of them!

I also believe we will get a TE as well if we get one of the early guys like patterson or austin probably get a TE with a later pick probably like kelce or escobar.

if we get one of the later WR like Wheaton or Sander probably get a TE early like a Eifert or Ertz.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Dude, I find it kinda strange that you answered your own question. Ummm, because this draft is deep for safety and DL that allows us flexibility with our first picks
Share 49ersWebzone