LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Your Favorite 49ers Quarterback

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Favorite 49ers Quarterback

Originally posted by robniner:
Still wondering where all those Smith and Kaepernick fans are at that praised him in the single game performance thread.

What does that have to do with the greatest 49er qb of all time? Cuz fans think one of the best performances was by a man not named montana or young means they have to think montana or young wasnt the best qb of all time?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Still wondering where all those Smith and Kaepernick fans are at that praised him in the single game performance thread.

What does that have to do with the greatest 49er qb of all time? Cuz fans think one of the best performances was by a man not named montana or young means they have to think montana or young wasnt the best qb of all time?
Agreed.

True, but there are young fans out there that are not aware of the greatness of the Niner QBs that their reason that they became a fan was because of either Kaepernick, Smith or our coach.

Doesn't hurt to study up on history.

True, but there are young fans out there that are not aware of the greatness of the Niner QBs that their reason that they became a fan was because of either Kaepernick, Smith or our coach.

Maybe they are among the 8% and 15% who voted for those two QBs?

I agree but thats why i dont take this thread really serious. While montana currently imo is best qb ever, theres no harm in believing if Kaep continues to perform at the top level he seems to have dedicated himself to playing at he couldnt be knocking at montana or youngs doors of greatness.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Mar 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I'd be thinking Kaepernick would be up there in the 20s because of the appeal.
  • dj43
The voting shows that this is a relatively young audience, as noted by Young over Montana. Steve was very exciting to watch but Joe won games with lesser supporting casts than Steve. However, since this is about your "favorite," then none of that matters.

If this were about who was the best 49er QB of all time; then it would have to be Montana in first place followed by a very close match between Young and Tittle. None of the others on this list are even close to those two.

I'm not surprised: While there are a good deal of younger folks on here, my experience is that pretty much everyone respects, appreciates, and understands the contributions of the prior generations of QBs.

I'm not surprised: While there are a good deal of younger folks on here, my experience is that pretty much everyone respects, appreciates, and understands the contributions of the prior generations of QBs.

Great post.

Arnaz Battle
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Arnaz Battle

Wasn't he like a wide receiver?
Originally posted by dj43:
The voting shows that this is a relatively young audience, as noted by Young over Montana. Steve was very exciting to watch but Joe won games with lesser supporting casts than Steve. However, since this is about your "favorite," then none of that matters.

If this were about who was the best 49er QB of all time; then it would have to be Montana in first place followed by a very close match between Young and Tittle. None of the others on this list are even close to those two.

Agree with the qb comments, but I don't believe a better team has ever been assembled than the late 80's 49ers.
Based on the threads and posts I've read, looks like each fan has their favorite Niner QB of all time. The younger fans may prefer either Smith or Kaepernick. The older fans could have a toss up between Montana and Young. The Kezar crowd have Title or Brodie.

Who is your favorite Niners QB and why?

Mine is Joe Montana and his accomplishments says it all. It's why I became a Niner fan growing up as a kid in the 80s.

JM for sure. Grew up in the 80s as well. How is this even a poll... 4 Super Bowls for Joe Cool.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Arnaz Battle

Wasn't he like a wide receiver?

He was a QB in college and was the 49ers 3rd string qb a few times when needed
Share 49ersWebzone