LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Your Favorite 49ers Quarterback

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Favorite 49ers Quarterback

Based on the threads and posts I've read, looks like each fan has their favorite Niner QB of all time. The younger fans may prefer either Smith or Kaepernick. The older fans could have a toss up between Montana and Young. The Kezar crowd have Title or Brodie.

Who is your favorite Niners QB and why?

Mine is Joe Montana and his accomplishments says it all. It's why I became a Niner fan growing up as a kid in the 80s.
This thread is not gonna turn out serious. So I'll start.

JT O'Sullivan
Alex
Originally posted by spizzy:
This thread is not gonna turn out serious. So I'll start.

JT O'Sullivan

That is why there is an option: "other"
Alex "The GOAT" Smith
You should exclude Young and Montana because that's whats everyone is going to pick.

Besides them, it's either Kaepernick or Garcia.

In our dark days, it's Rattay
The first Niner QB I remember rooting for was Y.A. Tittle. I was a big John Brodie fan as a teenager. But Joe Montana has got to be my favorite - the first guy to actually bring it home. I'm actually hoping there will come a day when I can say Colin Kaepernick, but he's got a long way to go.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
You should exclude Young and Montana because that's whats everyone is going to pick.

The shock value will be Montana being picked over.
Originally posted by robniner:

This shows the age, Steve got the most votes, I figured most people on here never saw Joe play, yet are experts on him, It is natural ego thing," don't want to be left out on something, Ha! Ha!
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Originally posted by robniner:

This shows the age, Steve got the most votes, I figured most people on here never saw Joe play, yet are experts on him, It is natural ego thing," don't want to be left out on something, Ha! Ha!

Looking at the single game performance thread, there were a good enough of Smith or Kaepernick mentions that there is curiosity about favorite QB.

It is still Steve Young for me. If Kaepernick keeps it up for another 10 years than I think I may switch over :-)
I wasn't even alive when he was our QB but it's Montana hands down. He got us 4 championships he is a legend.
Forever Young.
Jim Drunkenmiller
Ken Dorsey
Share 49ersWebzone