LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Is Parys Haralson going to be released?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Parys Haralson going to be released?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Bottom line, he's not an effective pass rusher, isn't much of a pass defender and is moderately effective against the run. So with all that in mind, I think we can fairly easily find someone to replicate his numbers (and likely anything else PH did on the field) for much less than his current cap figure. I'm pretty confident about that, and this is coming from someone who actually really likes the guy.

And a point ppl forget, is that he'd be taking up a roster spot. The bottom line is we need STARTER material behind Brooks/Aldon in case one goes down. THAT talent can't develop if PH and his 3M backup money is playing first downs for Aldon. Look at Fleming, Johnson, FA and the draft and develop a full, well-rounded OLB in case Aldon/Brooks goes down.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an OLB who can not only seal the edge and produce TFL's but also rush the passer/drop back in coverage as part of a rotation with Aldon/Brooks on ANY DOWN? PH makes our 3-4 predictable.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Aldon Smith didn't do $hit after JS got hurt...maybe we need another OLB to replace him
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Aldon Smith didn't do $hit after JS got hurt...maybe we need another OLB to replace him

LOL. I know you're playing but on a serious note, I would love someone pushing my boy Brooks AND Aldon at all times. Last year, who did we have to push them? Haggens? LOL.
He's not good and his cap # is too high. Release him.

LOL. I know you're playing but on a serious note, I would love someone pushing my boy Brooks AND Aldon at all times. Last year, who did we have to push them? Haggens? LOL.
yeah messing around...but i hate gambling with draft picks.

PH is already seasoned and he's not worthless
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]

LOL. Honestly, he'd be pretty far down my list of players on my release-board. A restructure and "try-out" with the aforementioned would be more ideal.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
He can rotate in on some 1st and 2nd downs to keep Alson and Brooks fresh. He is solid against the run.

LOL. Honestly, he'd be pretty far down my list of players on my release-board. A restructure and "try-out" with the aforementioned would be more ideal.
i agree ..he's not a must keep....ah FA cant get here soon enough
i agree ..he's not a must keep....ah FA cant get here soon enough

Seriously!!!!!!
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I would try to redo his deal. Maybe 2 yrs for 4m...lower the cap number and keep a quality bkup. I am a hug L Grant fan but i would rather let Grant walk and sink that money into Parys
Originally posted by fip24:
I would try to redo his deal. Maybe 2 yrs for 4m...lower the cap number and keep a quality bkup. I am a hug L Grant fan but i would rather let Grant walk and sink that money into Parys

Grant filled in pretty good for P. Willis, didn't he?

If we have the cap room, i hope we keep him. I would feel comfortable with him backing up smith and brooks. Fleming, johnson, and rookie can battle it out for the the two remaining spots.
Unless he cuts his salary in half I think he'll be gone. I like him and he's not a bad player but too much for a backup. For some reason I have a real good feeling about Fleming.
Release him as long as there is no dead money
  • buck
  • Veteran
vote is tied at 26.

hmmm

excuse me was tied
[ Edited by buck on Mar 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by fip24:

What the heck for? His deal is up after this year. What do you have to rework? He can provide depth this year while Fleming or Johnson get up to speed, and then let him walk next season.

Once again, the 49ers are not in dire straits with the salary cap this year, there's no need to restructure a bunch of deals or release a bunch of players, they're fine for this year.
Share 49ersWebzone