There are 230 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
How in the hell do you pass FOUR consecutive downs from the five yard line? This team does not have big, physical receivers -- it has fast guys that get open in space. The Ravens' lack of speed on defense was mitigated in the tight spaces of the Red Zone. I have no idea why on earth they were passing at the end. The only explanation I can possibly think of is that they were trying to save time on the clock in case they didn't score, but that is just awful justification.

On both the 2-point conversion and at the end of the game, I thought we should've just smashed the ball up the middle, mostly because Ngata was injured and out of the game.

Ugh...

This.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh.

Karma.

I laughed out loud.
Originally posted by explosivo49er:
Kaep. 3rd straight post season game he spots the other team points with poor offense. falcons were shut out 2nd half Ravens offense held to 6pts 2nd half in the superbowl. It's a great comeback when you win.

Oh really? Was he playing D? This loss is really bringing out some silly posts.
my bad they had the lead in all games, and the D blew it. You're right. EHhhh doesn't really matter anyways the game is done, and nothing anybody can do about it.
[ Edited by explosivo49er on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM ]
1. Both safeties didn't cover.
2. McKinnie pushed Aldon wide the whole game.
3. Roman had no go-to play inside the red zone.
4. Illegal formation on the first series.

The Ravens beat the 49ers to the punch right from the beginning. We had the better athletes but they had more bulk with their front seven that couldn't be pushed backwards. First and goal at the seven and they can't come up with anything. Everyone knew the Ravens would be sending more blitzes..................except Roman.
One of the things that hurt most was that Kaep had a chance to become a legend, but didn't.
We played terribly in the 1st half.
Culliver was garbage all game (PI call on 3rd down, giving up the long pass to Boldin when Flacco just threw it up, and the TD he gave up and quit on).
The LMJ fumble changed the momentum early.
The kickoff return was devastating.
Unforgivable penalties.
Granted we made lots of mistakes. But we played well enough to come back in the 2nd half, nearly tied the game, and put ourselves in a position to win.

The following sequence will never be forgotten or forgiven. Roman did this repeatedly this year. For no reason we abandoned the run and it cost us repeatedly this season.

1st and 7 with approximately 2:40 seconds.
We have the best O-Line in FB.
We are averaging over 8 yards per carry.
Their best run defender is injured and out of the game.
We are a power running team.
We have several jumbo packages.
We have been running the pistol successfully.
All we need to do is average 2 yards per carry and we score a TD.

There are many things to be angry about. The non-call on 4th down would have given us 1st and goal on the 1 yard line. But that play calling was atrocious and Roman cost us a ring. I still cannot believe we had a 300 yd passer, 2 100 yd WRs, and a 100 yd RB yet we still lost. The officials hurt us, our special teams hurt us, our secondary was exposed repeatedly, we looked sloppy, but we still battled back. We were in a position to win IN SPITE of our mistakes. Roman didn't just screw up once, he screwed up 3 times.

RUN THE DAMN READ OPTION. WE WERE PICKING UP MAJOR CHUNKS EACH TIME. RUN IT 3 TIMES CONSECUTIVELY. CALL A DESIGNED RUN, WE HAD A TIME OUT LEFT. THEY COULD NOT STOP IT. YOU DONT THROW THE BALL IN A SHORT FIELD BY ROLLING TO ONE SIDE. DAMN YOU ROMAN.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:

One of the things that hurt most was that Kaep had a chance to become a legend, but didn't.

This shocked me more than anything. And it's probably why Kaep went to Nevada and not Notre Dame.

f**k. It's 4 AM. I just woke up from a major hangover. And we still lost the game.

Defense is the reason why we lost. Period. End of story. Culliver played like horseshyte. Brown played like horseshyte. I haven't seen Carlos whats-his-name since last season. Patrick Willis played like horseshyte. Aldon Smith played like horsemanure.

That's why we lost. The Ravens pushed us around. Perio.d
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This shocked me more than anything. And it's probably why Kaep went to Nevada and not Notre Dame.

f**k. It's 4 AM. I just woke up from a major hangover. And we still lost the game.

Defense is the reason why we lost. Period. End of story. Culliver played like horseshyte. Brown played like horseshyte. I haven't seen Carlos whats-his-name since last season. Patrick Willis played like horseshyte. Aldon Smith played like horsemanure.

That's why we lost. The Ravens pushed us around. Perio.d

I just looked at the stats, Kaep 300 yards passing, Frank 110 yards rushing, Vernon and Crabtree 100 yards each receiving. If I didn't know better I'd say that's a winning formula.
Secondary played terrible last night especially in the first half that is why they lost. Secondary needs upgrading next season.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Greg Roman tried to out think the opposition instead of just relying on what we do best. The one and only reason we lost that game imo. He is innovating a new and more painful way to lose.

bingo

delete
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Feb 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM ]
delete;
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Feb 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM ]
Defense with plenty of missed tackles;
Aldon Smith lack of hustle, low impact;
Rush couldn't bring down Flacco;
More and more byzantine offensive formations;
Kaepernick did not rely on his instincts -- he declined several opportunies for outside scrambling yardage;
No #2 receiver;
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Play calling on the goal line was the reason we lost.
Originally posted by fip24:
I just posted comments on this in another topic.
The first down play was horrible and set the tone..
Gore was gassed so we run LMJ up the middle?
Why not call a TO and let Frank catch his breath?? We have 4 plays for the Super Bowl win and one of them goes to a 150 pound rookie on an up the midle run??? This was a joke.
Don't get me started on running a layered route with Vernon and Crabs on 2nd down. Esentially, we rolled out Collin with Frank and Crabs in front of him. Problem is that Balt is spying Collin and doubling Vernon and Crabs..We pull 5 Rven defenders into a small space. Not enough field depth for that call

Yeah that's right. I felt like that several times during the game. Our formations bring defenders to the point of attack. WTF? But that's really been happeneing for a while.
Share 49ersWebzone