There are 164 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
1. Slow start again on defense. Defense didn't play well in the first half.
2. Bonehead play calling inside the 10 on the last drive.
2a. Why pass when Ngata was out and rushing is 49ers stregth on the last drive.

This, how, why, can't Roman see this? Why can't Harbaugh tell him to f**k off, we running this play, NO?? Easy for us to say I expect.. my niners, so close..
I'm so blank pissed off at Greg Roman for not running the ball. They have tons of power run play. Instead, he opted to pass. We were all pissed off. Everyone at the party was saying just run 3 straight times and none of them ever played football but they have the right idea. Just dumb Roman!!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
This, how, why, can't Roman see this? Why can't Harbaugh tell him to f**k off, we running this play, NO?? Easy for us to say I expect.. my niners, so close..

We kind of caught an unlucky break. I think Gore was pretty gassed after that 35 yard run and he want to the sideline.
Originally posted by 49erha:
If they were not gonna call the Crabtree hold then why call the cully pi IMO the one on Crabtree was much more blatant... Refs may not have been the reason we lost but I have absolutely no doubt that they gave the ravens the benifits of the doubt when they could.

Lets see ray smacks vd in the first Q not called
T Suggs hits kap every time after a hand off not called
Go watch the replay cullys foot contacts jones's foot on the td at least review it
Pi on cully
Ed reed offsides on 2 pt converision
Crab gets blasted helmet to helmet on the 3rd down on the last drive
On second down the defender came through crab to bat the ball down
4th down crab play
#51 on ravens hold on kickoff
Dixon being held on punt at the end

There is more but I don't think I could rewatch the game without becoming sick to my stomach

you right..sick..for me; so sad...my niners
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

We kind of caught an unlucky break. I think Gore was pretty gassed after that 35 yard run and he want to the sideline.

You don/t think Gire had a couple more plays to win his 1st SB???? Man was not that gassed, this should have been his show, with him running in the winner..wtf...
We better go get a guy to try and replace Justin Smith, because if we dont replace him, were screwed.
Donte Whitner and Chris Culliver. Everybody else was fantastic.

The ST TD proved to be too much to overcome. And Greg Roman's playcalling on that goal line series was awful. Kaepernick didn't do a good job reading the defense pre-snap at all on the goal line plays. He holds on to to ball too long. It gives us the huge plays but when we get down to the red zone and we have to throw it, he makes the wrong reads.

There's always room for improvement. Culliver's mistakes were mostly mental, he's a young guy with a ton of talent. We have to make sure the last week doesn't break the confidence he used to have. Whitner on the other hand, is done. He was a liability all season long and covered it up with big hits. The Ravens targeted him from start to finish as it was obvious how poor his coverage skills are. We need to find a new starting safety immediately.
Time to say bye to Roman. Cost is a ring. Where is the West Coast O? Where is the running plays? The screens!?!?!? We have so much speed but he DIDN'T USE ANY OF IT!
Poor team preparation/execution (1st half), why do we always have to go down to like 17-20 pointe before finlally come out and play ????
Poor playcalling ( 1st and goal at the end), WHY not giving the f#$%ing ball to gore ????????
1. Team unprepared and lost in the 1st Q
2. CK lost early in many situations
3. Insufficient pass rush; the injuries to the Smith brothers have taken their toll
4. Questionable secondary
5. Dubious playcalling on 1st, 2nd, 3d and 4th and goal in the 4th Q

1) Secondary STILL lost in coverage
2)Roman trying to be too cute in the redzone
3)Last but not least we didnt have a more beneficial story for the NFL to sell.
How was Cary Williams not ejected again?
Aldon Smith...the most overrated player on this team. He's clearly a product of Justin Smith and he is AWFUL against the run. Haralson > Aldon
Kaep. 3rd straight post season game he spots the other team points with poor offense. falcons were shut out 2nd half Ravens offense held to 6pts 2nd half in the superbowl. It's a great comeback when you win.
[ Edited by explosivo49er on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM ]
*Turn overs
*pass rush
*vertical game
*Bleeding points at the start

We cant do this, we are good enough when in front, but we cant let a team get more than 2 scores up on us early in games, it uses up too much fuel to get back within reach.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Feb 4, 2013 at 2:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone