LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Lottery for Super Bowl Tickets

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I figured the odds were about 1 in 5...but it seems like it's not even 1 in 10.

1 in 10, you think it was a 10% chance. How many were they drawing? 10 tops maybe. How many season ticket holders are there? Odds were more like 1 in 10k.

Don't know for sure but they had 17.5% of a 70k seated stadium. and we have around 20-30k season ticket holders. So with a 2 ticket per season ticket holder limit...

Who had 17.5% of the 70k stadium .. The 49ers organization gets 17.5% of the tickets to the SuperBowl? Where did you read that? I highly doubt that.

that's the actual break down. The teams going get 17.5% each. Now what they do with them is a different story.
Originally posted by NONAME:Season Ticket holder Lottery (Team going to the Super Bowl)The NFL allocates 35% of all Super Bowl tickets to the teams that are playing in the Big Game. The AFC team gets 17.5% and the NFC team gets 17.5% of the tickets. If a Super Bowl stadium seats 70,000 persons, then both teams in the game are allocated about 12,000 tickets apiece. The majority of these tickets are put into a lottery drawing for season ticket holders. On average, a season ticket holder for a team that gets into the Big Game will have about a 1 in 10 chance to buy a pair of tickets at face value. ($1,400 in 2008)Season Ticket Holder Lottery (Team NOT going to the Super Bowl)The NFL allocates 36% of all Super Bowl tickets to the rest of the thirty teams that didn't make it to the Big Game (or 1.2% of tickets per team). On average, a season ticket holder for a team not going to the Super Bowl will have about a 1 in 150 chance to buy a pair of tickets at face value.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM ]
double post.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM ]
Originally posted by kezarkid:
None for us either, 20 seats for 45 years and not drawn last time either.I talked to two friends , one has 13 tickets 40+ years, 40 yard line ; the other 8 tickets 40+ years 35 yd line, both got nothing.
They advised us we could sign up for the 6K per person travel package and we 'd be able to get a ticket. Looks like they're really sticking it to the Faithful.

I'm sorry but you need to call your rep and his or her manager and you need to talk to somoene about this. Maybe even send an e-mail or get a hold of Jed. This is just wrong. You should have gotten picked for at least 2 tickets to this superbowl. Get on the phone and get a hold of someone at the 49ers Ticket office. Total BS in your case.
Originally posted by NONAME:Season Ticket holder Lottery (Team going to the Super Bowl)The NFL allocates 35% of all Super Bowl tickets to the teams that are playing in the Big Game. The AFC team gets 17.5% and the NFC team gets 17.5% of the tickets. If a Super Bowl stadium seats 70,000 persons, then both teams in the game are allocated about 12,000 tickets apiece. The majority of these tickets are put into a lottery drawing for season ticket holders. On average, a season ticket holder for a team that gets into the Big Game will have about a 1 in 10 chance to buy a pair of tickets at face value. ($1,400 in 2008)Season Ticket Holder Lottery (Team NOT going to the Super Bowl)The NFL allocates 36% of all Super Bowl tickets to the rest of the thirty teams that didn't make it to the Big Game (or 1.2% of tickets per team). On average, a season ticket holder for a team not going to the Super Bowl will have about a 1 in 150 chance to buy a pair of tickets at face value.

Hmm..did not know that.

Kind of find it odd that none of us know anyone who got the opportunity to buy.

Hmm..did not know that.

A few people said that a friend won....but here's the thing...none of us has come and said it...which makes it seem more like 1 in 40 or more.

Originally posted by 49erJim:
I'm sorry but you need to call your rep and his or her manager and you need to talk to somoene about this. Maybe even send an e-mail or get a hold of Jed. This is just wrong. You should have gotten picked for at least 2 tickets to this superbowl. Get on the phone and get a hold of someone at the 49ers Ticket office. Total BS in your case.

I think it is by account, not by number of seats held. Still, that is a shame.

Hmm..did not know that.

A few people said that a friend won....but here's the thing...none of us has come and said it...which makes it seem more like 1 in 40 or more.

They really haven't won a thing. They have won the right to buy a ticket for 1500 bucks. Just a ticket to the game. No flight, airfare, etc. Looking at a 3k bill easy.
None for us either, 20 seats for 45 years and not drawn last time either.I talked to two friends , one has 13 tickets 40+ years, 40 yard line ; the other 8 tickets 40+ years 35 yd line, both got nothing.
They advised us we could sign up for the 6K per person travel package and we 'd be able to get a ticket. Looks like they're really sticking it to the Faithful.

The drawing is not weighted to favor number of seats a STH has. It's ONE entry per STH account. The only way odds for someone with so many seats would increase is if they held those seats over multiple accounts.

So yeah, call up the ticket office or email Jed...they have effectively sold out a stadium that isn't even bulit yet, and did it with almost zero consideration of longtime STHs. So I'm sure they'll be veeeeerrrry receptive to a STH whining about SB tix.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

The drawing is not weighted to favor number of seats a STH has. It's ONE entry per STH account. The only way odds for someone with so many seats would increase is if they held those seats over multiple accounts.

thats true, but if anyone should get one or 2 it should be kezarkid. my friend had season tickets for a long time (in 94 ) and did not get picked, but he called his way to the top and pled his case and did in fact get 2 tickets to the superbowl.
If you don't win, there's still primo seats available, going for about $9000 a ticket.

thats true, but if anyone should get one or 2 it should be kezarkid. my friend had season tickets for a long time (in 94 ) and did not get picked, but he called his way to the top and pled his case and did in fact get 2 tickets to the superbowl.

They aren't getting anything. They still have to shell out 1500 + for a ticket. This isn't a free ticket they are winning.

Hmm..did not know that.

They really haven't won a thing. They have won the right to buy a ticket for 1500 bucks. Just a ticket to the game. No flight, airfare, etc. Looking at a 3k bill easy.
got mine for 850

They aren't getting anything. They still have to shell out 1500 + for a ticket. This isn't a free ticket they are winning.

I know this. I am just saying he should have a chance to buy 2 tickets at face value.
Originally posted by samoan49er:
any of the rejections/winners have season tickets for santa clara? just curious as to how "random" these drawings are

50+ years of season tickets, and we're going to Santa Clara.... Still didn't win...
So roughly 12k seats. I assume not everyone that got picked will buy. So what happens then?
Share 49ersWebzone