There are 158 users in the forums

Where is the pass rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Either way folks it's plain and simple....WE DO NOT HAVE A CONSISTANT PASS RUSH!!!!!

Seriously I think Aldon needs to hone is skills, instead of pure athletic ability. (i'll give him a little bit of a pass since he missed a month)
Justin usually get's the double.
So far to date our best pass rusher is Brooks.
I know Matt Ryan is a stud, and a legit QB who has great pocket presence, but man we were close enough to get a hand on him, where's the flipping sacks.
This lack of pass rush will hurt us in the Playoffs
Justin Smith I LOVE but he has slipped this season, Father Time is UNDEFEATED. You guys notice how often the coaches been taking Cowboy out and playing TJE.
Fangio seems to favor positioning the defensive players so that the chances of a big chunk play are less. The corners were not playing press cover on Roddy White - usually lining up five yards off the line from him and at the snap, as soon as White started running forward, they would try to maintain that five yard cushion - even if that cushion took them past the first down marker. Time and time again, Ryan and White would take advantage of that for 5-6 yard dinks and dunks where Ryan got rid of the ball quickly and was getting first downs. I don't think the pass rush was as bad as it seemed - as others have said, Ryan was getting the ball out really fast (and with good accuracy) as the pocket was collapsing around him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Justin Smith I LOVE but he has slipped this season, Father Time is UNDEFEATED. You guys notice how often the coaches been taking Cowboy out and playing TJE.

come on man,, he has not slipped and he is being given more rest so he can maintain his high level of play. we have the depth to do that this year unlike last year. the game plan all along was to give him more rest and keep him fresh throughout the year and into post season, come on man
Originally posted by cciowa:

come on man,, he has not slipped and he is being given more rest so he can maintain his high level of play. we have the depth to do that this year unlike last year. the game plan all along was to give him more rest and keep him fresh throughout the year and into post season, come on man

This. I thought we wanted to sub our defensive line players more.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:

This. I thought we wanted to sub our defensive line players more.

we did and we have. remember last year, smith smith and brooks are hurt and our back up was clark higgins, huggins whoever the f**k he was
They should start rotating in more fresh players to the front lines. Allow Lemonier, Skuta to get in more plays. As well conditioned as some players are, they are still human and do eventually get tired. Plus, Lemonier and Skuta are decent in coverage, so they can drop one of them into coverage and have Willis rush the passer instead. Also i noticed in the Falcons game, their Tight ends were shoulder bumping Aldon and Ahmad to help slow the pass rush, they did point that part out on MNF.
I don't think Cowboy has slipped. Baalke/JH bolstered the DLine so our starters would stay fresh for the playoffs and that's what I'm seeing.

TJE has been playing very well in substitution and we'll soon see if the DLine rotation has paid off.
Share 49ersWebzone