LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 299 users in the forums

Two QBs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
it could be possible that the team could invite JJ back to camp next year, too

I thought about that one. Is he still available?

Honestly I can see this. AS is a great solution as the backup, but probably too expensive keeping him next year. You keep the Lord Tolz and add JJ back for depth. Would not be surprised.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Honestly I can see this. AS is a great solution as the backup, but probably too expensive keeping him next year. You keep the Lord Tolz and add JJ back for depth. Would not be surprised.
i think JH will wash his hands with QBs he's already worked with since he has someone he likes (Kaep) i can see JH grab another project to work on via Draft
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i think JH will wash his hands with QBs he's already worked with since he has someone he likes (Kaep) i can see JH grab another project to work on via Draft

I haven't really watched any college football this year. There always seems to be a pro style athlete available like Wilson somewhere. Is that guy out there anywhere? Ideally we could take someone in a late round I'm just not sure what's out there.

Here is a question for you. If money isn't an issue. i.e. we can afford it, not a no cap situation, is there a better option than AS at backup?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It's definitely a good idea to draft a QB, especially with the bevy of picks this year. Unfortunately, we don't know what we have in Tolzien, other than Harbaugh saying he was a starting quality QB (and how can possibly question Harbaugh!).

I say we draft 1 also , right now kap is playing great,but so did kolb when he filled in for the eagles .
Originally posted by VA49er:

Here is a question for you. If money isn't an issue. i.e. we can afford it, not a no cap situation, is there a better option than AS at backup?

Alex deserves to start somewhere next year,no way;the way he has played last year and this year should he be our back up Qb.
Originally posted by VA49er:

No. Unless you can sign Brady as backup. Or Brees.
What if Alex agreed to restructure his contract and take less money? I don't know if that would work and I doubt Alex's competitive drive would let him settle for a backup role. But it would be pretty sweet if we could keep him if it works cap wise. Nothing wrong with having a starter quality backup.
if you have 2 qbs you have no qb. that is all i have to say... good luck to Alex wherever he goes (except when he faces the niners)

Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
if you have 2 qbs you have no qb. that is all i have to say... good luck to Alex wherever he goes (except when he faces the niners)

That quote applies to having 2 starting QB's. Not a starter and a backup.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:

so in the late 80's the niners did not have a QB?
Originally posted by KegBert:
That quote applies to having 2 starting QB's. Not a starter and a backup.

as long as Alex is here his fanboys will not give up on him being the starter. i would not mind Smith as a back up but he is better than that and someone will take him in a trade or FA
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
It's definitely a good idea to draft a QB, especially with the bevy of picks this year. Unfortunately, we don't know what we have in Tolzien, other than Harbaugh saying he was a starting quality QB (and how can possibly question Harbaugh!).

I say we draft 1 also , right now kap is playing great,but so did kolb when he filled in for the eagles .

I'm confident in Kaep going forward, but we need another QB once Smith is gone. And having another guy to groom behind Kaep is only smart.
if Tolzien does not prove to to be a viable back up then we should worry about qbs. If anything we should draft a late or mid rounder or a cheap FA
Share 49ersWebzone