LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
@Eric_Branch
The #49ers all-time record vs. the #Rams is 61-61-2, which is really even.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
damn its been a long time since they've had a game. cant wait!

this!

Let's get this damn game!
When's the last time we played on Sunday lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
When's the last time we played on Sunday lol

The Giants game
Originally posted by THEB:
@Eric_Branch
The #49ers all-time record vs. the #Rams is 61-61-2, which is really even.

He must have posted the wrong numbers because correct me if im wrong we are one up on them at 62-61-2
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
On KNBR they're talking about sitting Gore against a team we're favored over by 11 1/2.

I tend to agree.

The questions were posed......"Can we beat the Rams without Gore?"------yes.

"Can we compete for a Superbowl without Gore?"--------probably not.

Let Jacobs handle the Rams. I would not risk potential injury to Gore against a team we should handle rather easily at home.

Bears, Pats, ect.= different story.

Seems far fetch for them to sit starters this early, however I do feel like if the 49ers go up by 2-3 TDs then they should start sitting some of the vets, including Alex Smith, so we can see Kaep do his thing!

This is a division game, and we should not be sitting starters until the 4th qtr on Sunday, if at all. More important game than the Bears IMO. Let's take it one week at a time. I look at it as "This game is the most important game of the season" mentality. No reason to look ahead at what we can't control today. Is it good to project/plan ahead? Of course, but you play to win the game in front of you, so lettuce go out and dominate.

I'm referring specifically to Gore, who tends to develop injuries in the latter half of seasons. I'm not talking about the rest of the starters.

Harbaugh I would imagine would share your take though so the topic most likely is irrelevant.
lord,, what a terrible idea to rest gore in a divisional game. i do not care how poor thier record is,, you do a stunt like that and you give the other team alot of motivation and then if things go south and you rush gore in there, you look foolish,, never never take any game for granted
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Something I didn't know, our 9ers have the #13 ranked offense with a #2 ranked defense!!! That is frickin awesome!!!

if the offense could just crack the top 10 id be in heaven

considering we were like 25 or something last year i am pretty darn happy right now
Originally posted by cciowa:
Something I didn't know, our 9ers have the #13 ranked offense with a #2 ranked defense!!! That is frickin awesome!!!

considering we were like 25 or something last year i am pretty darn happy right now

That is awesome. Reading some posts around here I would think we were 32nd
well of course not with our running game...but maybe passing against good defenses?...probably 33rd.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

well of course not with our running game...but maybe passing against good defenses?...probably 33rd.

arizona was a good defense
Originally posted by hofer36:

thats what i though!
well that does not fit into my argument, so no they were not a good defense.

but seriously, since that was the last time our offense was on the field, hopefully we are headed in the right direction...as soon as these next few teams start to adjust to the underneath stuff, I hope we pop them with some intermediate to deep passes.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 10, 2012 at 1:46 AM ]

Originally posted by hofer36:

thats what i though!

but seriously, since that was the last time our offense was on the field, hopefully we are headed in the right direction...as soon as these next few teams start to adjust to the underneath stuff, I hope we pop them with some intermediate to deep passes.

The second half of the season will show how good (or otherwise) the coaching is. The playcalling has concerned me at times, but I am hoping that the O in particular has used the break well and comes out loaded for bear. And then bears!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
R.I.P Sam Bradford

I'm so excited to see the niners on Sunday again...seems like its been months

This.

Originally posted by English:
The second half of the season will show how good (or otherwise) the coaching is. The playcalling has concerned me at times, but I am hoping that the O in particular has used the break well and comes out loaded for bear. And then bears!

And This.

The playcalling has been scary, and when teams are overloading the run, the short and intermediate routes are fine. But if any of our receivers gets one on one deep down the field, I'd like to see Alex with the cojones to release the ball and let the receiver make the play. We all already know Alex is a hell of a passer on the intermediate stuff, but what makes a great deep threat passer are receivers (and obviously ball placement by the QB giving his receivers favorable passes).

I still can't believe that call on 3rd and goal last game against Arizona where none of our receivers ran routes that were in the Endzone. Wtf? Good thing Crabtree made a hell of a play to get the ball in the endzone, but that was horrible calling to have 4 receivers run routes short of the goalline on a 3rd down play...
Share 49ersWebzone