There are 345 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
what happened to the Rams rookie Pead? I thought he was gonna be a baller.

He peed the bed on his NFL career

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
lulz at Marsh's joke and Marsh laughing at his own joke
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
what happened to the Rams rookie Pead? I thought he was gonna be a baller.

He is waiting his turn

Daryl Richardson 7th round 62 carries, 335 yds, 5.4 yds/carry
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Big rain storms in SoCal. How is NoCal? Are they expecting rain and a muddy field? That should slow their pass rush down significantly and play to our strengths (run game) and play action.

Thank you...good rains through Friday; damp field on Sunday most likely. We'll see some slips. The Rams play their division foes very tough; am expecting a closer game than some think.
On KNBR they're talking about sitting Gore against a team we're favored over by 11 1/2.

I tend to agree.

The questions were posed......"Can we beat the Rams without Gore?"------yes.

"Can we compete for a Superbowl without Gore?"--------probably not.

Let Jacobs handle the Rams. I would not risk potential injury to Gore against a team we should handle rather easily at home.

Bears, Pats, ect.= different story.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
On KNBR they're talking about sitting Gore against a team we're favored over by 11 1/2.

I tend to agree.

Let Jacobs handle the Rams. I would not risk potential injury to Gore against a team we should handle rather easily at home.

Seems far fetch for them to sit starters this early, however I do feel like if the 49ers go up by 2-3 TDs then they should start sitting some of the vets, including Alex Smith, so we can see Kaep do his thing!
Originally posted by verb1der:

I tend to agree.

Seems far fetch for them to sit starters this early, however I do feel like if the 49ers go up by 2-3 TDs then they should start sitting some of the vets, including Alex Smith, so we can see Kaep do his thing!

This is a division game, and we should not be sitting starters until the 4th qtr on Sunday, if at all. More important game than the Bears IMO. Let's take it one week at a time. I look at it as "This game is the most important game of the season" mentality. No reason to look ahead at what we can't control today. Is it good to project/plan ahead? Of course, but you play to win the game in front of you, so lettuce go out and dominate.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I tend to agree.

This is a division game, and we should not be sitting starters until the 4th qtr on Sunday, if at all. More important game than the Bears IMO. Let's take it one week at a time. I look at it as "This game is the most important game of the season" mentality. No reason to look ahead at what we can't control today. Is it good to project/plan ahead? Of course, but you play to win the game in front of you, so lettuce go out and dominate.

I'm referring specifically to Gore, who tends to develop injuries in the latter half of seasons. I'm not talking about the rest of the starters.

Harbaugh I would imagine would share your take though so the topic most likely is irrelevant.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Big rain storms in SoCal. How is NoCal? Are they expecting rain and a muddy field? That should slow their pass rush down significantly and play to our strengths (run game) and play action.

Thank you...good rains through Friday; damp field on Sunday most likely. We'll see some slips. The Rams play their division foes very tough; am expecting a closer game than some think.

Most underrated storyline going into this game is the fact that 'either' opponent could walk out 3-0 within the division. This is going to be a fistfight.

except the Rams have scored a whopping 20 combined points in their last 3 trips out here
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I tend to agree.

I'm referring specifically to Gore, who tends to develop injuries in the latter half of seasons. I'm not talking about the rest of the starters.

Harbaugh I would imagine would share your take though so the topic most likely is irrelevant.

True on that point for Gore. We should limit the wear on his treads as much as possible, but even getting 12-15 carries is plausible. Just goes to show how much depth we have when we can't even get Jacobs on the field!!!!
Activate Jacobs.

Play Franklin first half, Brandon second half.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Most underrated storyline going into this game is the fact that 'either' opponent could walk out 3-0 within the division. This is going to be a fistfight.

True...hope we learned from the Vikings game. The past doesn't matter. Take this game head on and dominate. You have an opportunity to bury a critical opponent. They know if they lose this game, their season is over. It will be a fist fight for sure...but one I feel we can win if we play our game.
damn its been a long time since they've had a game. cant wait!
Share 49ersWebzone