LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Skins VS Giants If we play the Giants again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I did notice that the Redskins did a great job of run blocking mainly zone blocking and getting to the LB's and had a bunch of positive gains but RGIII is so fast yopu blink and he is 30 yards down-field skins fans should be happy . I don't see Alex in his class not close Kap maybe but RGIII has a hell of a tocuh pass not sure about Kap, but my point is the Giants can be run on if schemed correctly and you can hit the big play. Hope we can play them again to see if Jim can duplicate Mike's success.
we were NYGs Superbowl game...they gave us everything they had and really couldn't beat us that bad
We will beat the Giants in the playoffs.
I'm very confident we'll beat them when we meet again.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That defense has us figured out we gonna have to completely change game plans.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers do not matchup with the Giants. I hope they don't play 'em again. Failing that, what sus said.
Originally posted by 110001ERSFANLV:
I did notice that the Redskins did a great job of run blocking mainly zone blocking and getting to the LB's and had a bunch of positive gains but RGIII is so fast yopu blink and he is 30 yards down-field skins fans should be happy . I don't see Alex in his class not close Kap maybe but RGIII has a hell of a tocuh pass not sure about Kap, but my point is the Giants can be run on if schemed correctly and you can hit the big play. Hope we can play them again to see if Jim can duplicate Mike's success.

oh no kaepernick is much better than rgIII...just look at his body of work
We have to alter the offensive game plan for the Giants. A lot of stuff they haven't seen before. We have it in our playbook just need to uncork it.
We abandoned the run. We played terrible football in that game. Missed field goals, bad coverage, you name it. We'll be better next time.
Originally posted by VA49er:
We abandoned the run. We played terrible football in that game. Missed field goals, bad coverage, you name it. We'll be better next time.

RGthreethousand is the shizzinticus and that was a division game. I am from DC and we don't have the aptitude or natural abilities at QB for that.
What the Redskins did does not matter, it's horses for courses. The dynamics of the 49er-Giants rivalry has is different than the Giants and the NFL east, If you can't pressure Eli everything goes out the window.
Now that it has been a week, looking back on that Giants game - I believe that loss is on JH as head coach.

The offense was moving the ball down the field, but stalling in the RZ.
The defense was letting the Giants offense drive, and the special teams were struggling.
After only 1 quarter it seemed like the 49ers lost their nerve and veered away from their typical game plan of a strong run game - and the trick plays totally failed and disrupted the typical game plan.

Not sure why the defense was letting the Giants drive like that. But the key to beating the Giants (similar to the playoff game almost win) is to score on them early so the offense and defense can stick to their strengths.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm also confident we could beat the Giants. That game plan was the worst game plan we've had in a long time For whatever reason, Roman seems to forget we can run the ball against them, but I don't think that mistake will be made again.
nvm
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone