LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Skins VS Giants If we play the Giants again.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't believe some are so confident about beating the Giants if we see them again...especially when we didn't look that improved in our next game.

they shut us down on offense....they knew exactly what to do and executed it well. Its not about it just being their day. They also ran on us late in the game...they schemed well. Although we got big play against them last year in the playoffs, with Vernon..they still shut us down even though we had Crabtree, Williams, Walker...they adjusted this year and took Vernon away this time.

if we had to play them in a playoff game in the next couple of weeks we would not be ready. Until we show drastic improvement in the passing game against good defenses, I don't think we should be over confident.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I can't believe some are so confident about beating the Giants if we see them again...especially when we didn't look that improved in our next game.

they shut us down on offense....they knew exactly what to do and executed it well. Its not about it just being their day. They also ran on us late in the game...they schemed well. Although we got big play against them last year in the playoffs, with Vernon..they still shut us down even though we had Crabtree, Williams, Walker...they adjusted this year and took Vernon away this time.

if we had to play them in a playoff game in the next couple of weeks we would not be ready. Until we show drastic improvement in the passing game against good defenses, I don't think we should be over confident.

we wont run the ball only 8 times if we see them again

#fact
Will likely beat the Giants easily in the playoffs. The game plan was trying all kinds of goofy stuff. More worried about teams we haven't played.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
They have an elite qb, thats a big advantage
I know it may be crazy talk... but I feel like we may have lost that game as part of a bigger plan. Its all part of jh big plan .....this is chest not checkes son...lol
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
I know it may be crazy talk... but I feel like we may have lost that game as part of a bigger plan. Its all part of jh big plan .....this is chest not checkes son...lol

Lol
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That next game was 4 days later. lol
Originally posted by fly15:

Our #2 used to be their #4.
If a team singles all of your receivers and plays 8 or 9 in the box you have to be able to attack them through the air. Period. There's a reason roman is calling passing plays. If our QB can't deliver in that situation then he needs to gtfo because we will not be able to beat the giants consistently otherwise.
[ Edited by kush on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Our #2 used to be their #4.

He used to be there #2 and then #3 because Cruz came along...

Originally posted by fly15:

Yes and what African said: Originally posted by Afrikan:

<<Right, it will be sooo easy to beat them,not. So what do you think, easier to beat them at the Stick or at their home?
Originally posted by kush:
If a team singles all of your receivers and plays 8 or 9 in the box you have to be able to attack them through the air. Period. There's a reason roman is calling passing plays. If our QB can't deliver in that situation then he needs to gtfo because we will not be able to beat the giants consistently otherwise.

Seattle singled the receivers until the ball was snapped and then the LBs flew back to take away the middle...that had been open. So it was the same scenario as the Balt game last year, but for the line playing much better. If Seattle had a Suggs I'm not sure what the outcome would have been.

I don't think we "planned" to lose but I agree in that I think they rolled out a suboptimal gameplan as part of a larger scheme...the ends of which are suitably unpredictable as that is Harbs' trademark. I think the coaching staff said "we'll take our shot at winning with this plan, but we aren't counting on winning with it."
Originally posted by ninermedic:

I don't think we "planned" to lose but I agree in that I think they rolled out a suboptimal gameplan as part of a larger scheme...the ends of which are suitably unpredictable as that is Harbs' trademark. I think the coaching staff said "we'll take our shot at winning with this plan, but we aren't counting on winning with it."

Look....

I know we are fishing here, but it's not too crazy either.

Looking at it practically, the team that is more invested in winning a game (esp. through game planning) will put themselves at a disadvantage when it comes to a rematch. The Giants benefited a TON from losing to Green Bay and us during the regular season (and I think New England might have a bit as well in SB).

We've seen everything the Giants have to show us defensively, and I anticipate we will be able to use mostly this film in a rematch. All they have on our O is pretty much those two drives before the INT as we went into shutdown mode afterwards.
We will definitely beat the NYG again. We went with nearly the exact same game plan as last years regular season matchup. Gonna come at em and surprise them if we meet again.
Share 49ersWebzone