LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 184 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Oh Gore can def get 100 yards. But on 8 carries? That'd be kinda nasty!

lol Lions game last year
In every game we have lost since Harbaugh came on, it seems that was the case. I don't remember the Dallas game details so much, but I do remember losing to the Cardinals and Ravens in a similar fashion last year. Get Gore his carries and it usually means good things for us! If you are afraid of getting him hurt then F'ing use James and Jacobs!
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
terrible f**king play calling today + terrible QB play = blowout loss
+defensive game plan and play x unspecial teams play = A$$ kicking
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Roman got cocky. Thought he could just do random s**t that makes no sense and have it work since we played so well the last couple weeks. Hopefully this loss will stop that crap.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
With that said, do you think Roman can take the 49ers to the SB as the 49ers OC? LOL

Which Roman do we get... genius or Jimmy Raye? It's not just Roman though. I think Harbaugh, Ejero Evero the offensive quality control guy and Geep Chryst might all play a part in it. If we just stick to what we did last year we will be fine. We can still be our creative selves... all the other stuff is fine just can't get carried away and have to choose the right time to use it.
Time for Harbaugh to get his dog on a leash. Too much creative freedom can deffinately be a negative. This is ultimately on harbaugh. He has to step in and take more control of the offense if this was indeed Romans blunder and gameplan. He needed to step in after the seond stalled drive and tell roman to get his s**t together.

I wont place blame on the OC alone, especially when a guy like Harbaugh is the HC. Nolan and Singletary got away with that as defensive minded HC. Harbaugh has no excuses. I love harbaugh, but he has got to realise that the team lives or dies on his shoulders.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Time for Harbaugh to get his dog on a leash. Too much creative freedom can deffinately be a negative. This is ultimately on harbaugh. He has to step in and take more control of the offense if this was indeed Romans blunder and gameplan. He needed to step in after the seond stalled drive and tell roman to get his s**t together.

I wont place blame on the OC alone, especially when a guy like Harbaugh is the HC. Nolan and Singletary got away with that as defensive minded HC. Harbaugh has no excuses. I love harbaugh, but he has got to realise that the team lives or dies on his shoulders.

Bottom line, gimmicky offense won't get you to the SB and win it. Go back to your bread and butter, and run the ball 20-30x a game and pass the ball off of it or you don't have a chance on offense vs good teams with good defenses.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM ]
  • Apone
  • Veteran
"Perhaps," Harbaugh admitted. "The plan wasn't the best plan. And we'll work to make a good one this week."

No f**king s**t.
Originally posted by Apone:
"Perhaps," Harbaugh admitted. "The plan wasn't the best plan. And we'll work to make a good one this week."

No f**king s**t.

This. Putting in Kaep so much is too cute for their own good.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
roman and harbaugh really messed up bad this game.... I guess you would call it over thinking or game planning.

They got out coached though not sure how much of there ego will allow them to see that. This isn't college you can only run those cute s**t so many times. Kaep was in what 6 or 7 times. Only thing resulted was that 20 yard pass to Moss. The rest were penalties, loss of yards, to drive/momentum killers.

Exactly.

The college coaches got schooled today.

Harbaugh needs to pick his QB and run with it, especially when you are cramming it down their throats.

Don't try and go for the kill shot in the first quarter...

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers Frank Gore didn't have a carry in the game's final 39 minutes.

Originally posted by Thorhawk:

NO frank gore

NO vernon

NO crabtree

our gameplan flat out sucked today
We over-coached and got out-coached in doing so. Harbaugh wanted to build a bully, well today he reverted to gimmicky crap that worked against inferior teams. Now we faced a team with equal talent, good coaches and a great QB and got spanked. There is no doubt in my mind that we can beat the Giants and if we played them again in the playoffs I definitely think it's a game we win but today should've been a statement game. This is the game that these guys should've circled in the offseason, players and coaches alike. It's disheartening that they came out so flat and that the gameplan sucked. When the first two drives stalled and we only pulled 3 points out of them I got that uneasy feeling like we had missed our chance to put our stamp on the game.

Harbaugh (along with Roman) have all those personnel packages, ton of different formations to keep opposing coaches guessing. Sometimes I think they forget that they do not have to use them all, stick with what's working. I think Harbaugh over-coached in the NFCC game as well (a few reverses in the bad weather, some very questionable calls on 3rd downs, don't know if he was calling the plays or Roman was). I love Coach Harbaugh and think we will continue to get better, he hasn't coached too many games in the NFL yet and I think even he is still learning to grow as a coach.
Greg Roman has a serious man crush on Kaep, Jim gots to break that up ASAP before it gets out of hand.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Absolutely no excuse for this. Vernon with zero. Unbelievable.
Share 49ersWebzone