LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
crabs is not a happy camper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

Wideout Michael Crabtree (four catches, 31 yards) shook his head when I asked the same question.

"I don't want to talk about it, bro," he said. "Cause I know if I say something. … We won – you know what I mean? I can't say anything, because we won."

• sfout
  • Veteran
No surprise but I wonder if playing conservative on offense could lose the locker room? At least from an offensive perspective? Rio seems like he is the only genuinely happy WR of the bunch, KW could be too but I know Ginn isn't happy not contributing on offense, and Moss has just been playing his part and keeping quiet.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

Wideout Michael Crabtree (four catches, 31 yards) shook his head when I asked the same question.

"I don't want to talk about it, bro," he said. "Cause I know if I say something. … We won – you know what I mean? I can't say anything, because we won."

I don't blame him. VD isn't very happy either.
Crabtree doesnt have a leg to stand on. His play has gotten beter, and i have praised him for his improvment, But he has disapeard in games, and seems to need Manningham to complement him this season to be really effective.

VD i understand being frustrated. Game plan needs to go through him and gore. Game plan instead of getting creative for Vernon, has seemed to just accept that he will be doubleteamed and the gameplan has been tailred elsewhere in an attempt to compensate. It hasnt worked. Gameplan needs to focus on Gore and VD.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Crabtree doesnt have a leg to stand on. His play has gotten beter, and i have praised him for his improvment, But he has disapeard in games, and seems to need Manningham to complement him this season to be really effective.

VD i understand being frustrated. Game plan needs to go through him and gore. Game plan instead of getting creative for Vernon, has seemed to just accept that he will be doubleteamed and the gameplan has been tailred elsewhere in an attempt to compensate. It hasnt worked. Gameplan needs to focus on Gore and VD.

Crabtree never sees the ball.
It happens with receivers. You have to try to keep them happy. And they know they have to fight for the ball on the field, so they're looking for those opportunities. Obviously Crabtree sees the limitations in the passing game, so he'll do his best to be a good teammate and sign elsewhere in a couple years and then I, personally will be very pissed

There was 1 play that Crabtree on had 1 guy to beat to get a first down, it was a screen where he motioned to the FB position. He beats that 1 guy and it's a first down or possibly a very big gain.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

There was 1 play that Crabtree on had 1 guy to beat to get a first down, it was a screen where he motioned to the FB position. He beats that 1 guy and it's a first down or possibly a very big gain.

So he got wrap tackled by a free guy and your blaming him for it? Thats hilarious considering the juking and hand stand he did to get that 16 yard gainer? You can't disappear if you aren't given the chance to appear at all.

Vernon has "disappeared" for 2 straight games now, is it his fault? No, he's doing his part and so is Crabtree.......in the past 2 weeks Crabtree and Manningham did all they could do to help our team win.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

So he got wrap tackled by a free guy and your blaming him for it? Thats hilarious considering the juking and hand stand he did to get that 16 yard gainer? You can't disappear if you aren't given the chance to appear at all.

Vernon has "disappeared" for 2 straight games now, is it his fault? No, he's doing his part and so is Crabtree.......in the past 2 weeks Crabtree and Manningham did all they could do to help our team win.

THIS! To me it seems good things happen when Crabs actually gets the ball..

Oh well
I feel bad for Crabs and the other wr's. We are a run first offense but you ask the wr's and te's to block constantly and then when it comes to 3rd and long or 3rd and 7 or when you get to the goal line, you know the wr's will very rarely get to make a play. They will be asked to block for a QB run or a RB run, or the pass will be underneath for 3 or 4 yards with very little chance to break the tackle. I think they definately want to win the game and that's the most important thing but it has to sting a little bit when you know they won't spread the D and ask Alex to squeeze a pass into tight converge because they are worried about Alex throwing a pick.

How about Alex needs to just grow some balls and throw to vernon davis when he's got half a step on his man instead of waiting for him to run free down the sideline on a busted coverage

a little hard to produce when your Qb can only throw for 140 and turns the ball over all the time
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
a little hard to produce when your Qb can only throw for 140 and turns the ball over all the time

LOL. Wrong.
Originally posted by DirtyP:

How about Alex needs to just grow some balls and throw to vernon davis when he's got half a step on his man instead of waiting for him to run free down the sideline on a busted coverage

I thought this was the Crabtree thread, sorry.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

LOL. Wrong.

4 Ints in the last two games isn't being a "game manager" and taking another 6 sacks to boot
Originally posted by DirtyP:

I thought this was the Crabtree thread, sorry.

funny thing is that usually WR's are connected to the QB's. I mean thats usually who throws them the ball
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Oct 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone