There are 177 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
a little hard to produce when your Qb can only throw for 140 and turns the ball over all the time

LOL. Wrong.

4 Ints in the last two games isn't being a "game manager" and taking another 6 sacks to boot

I forgot that 2 games = reliable sample size of Alex's play in the Harbaugh era.

Alas, we are getting off topic. Crabs is disgruntled.
a little hard to produce when your Qb can only throw for 140 and turns the ball over all the time

LOL. Wrong.

4 Ints in the last two games isn't being a "game manager" and taking another 6 sacks to boot

I forgot that 2 games = reliable sample size of Alex's play in the Harbaugh era.

Alas, we are getting off topic. Crabs is disgruntled.

So is every other WR on this team and Vernon as well
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Crabtree doesnt have a leg to stand on. His play has gotten beter, and i have praised him for his improvment, But he has disapeard in games, and seems to need Manningham to complement him this season to be really effective.

VD i understand being frustrated. Game plan needs to go through him and gore. Game plan instead of getting creative for Vernon, has seemed to just accept that he will be doubleteamed and the gameplan has been tailred elsewhere in an attempt to compensate. It hasnt worked. Gameplan needs to focus on Gore and VD.

How about Alex needs to just grow some balls and throw to vernon davis when he's got half a step on his man instead of waiting for him to run free down the sideline on a busted coverage

I thought this was the Crabtree thread, sorry.

funny thing is that usually WR's are connected to the QB's. I mean thats usually who throws them the ball

Funny thing is there are probally 5 threads on the front page alone where you can go to discuss the QB's. You didnt come into this thread to discuss crabtree. you came in to discuss the QB.
Crabtree doesnt have a leg to stand on. His play has gotten beter, and i have praised him for his improvment, But he has disapeard in games, and seems to need Manningham to complement him this season to be really effective.

VD i understand being frustrated. Game plan needs to go through him and gore. Game plan instead of getting creative for Vernon, has seemed to just accept that he will be doubleteamed and the gameplan has been tailred elsewhere in an attempt to compensate. It hasnt worked. Gameplan needs to focus on Gore and VD.

How about Alex needs to just grow some balls and throw to vernon davis when he's got half a step on his man instead of waiting for him to run free down the sideline on a busted coverage

funny thing is that usually WR's are connected to the QB's. I mean thats usually who throws them the ball

Funny thing is there are probally 5 threads on the front page alone where you can go to discuss the QB's. You didnt come into this thread to discuss crabtree. you came in to discuss the QB.

Meh every thread here is a QB thread

Meh every thread here is a QB thread

Because posters come into other threads looking to argue QB, instead of discussing the topic at hand. This thread is the Crabtree thread. Last i was on the main page (2 secs ago) there were three QB topics at the very top of the list.

Bringing up the QB , while still discussing Crabtree is one thing. To come into a thread to specificly argue about QB play and discuss only QB is another.
Another good game by Crabs.

Used his YAC ability to pick up some key first downs at critical times throughout the game.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Used his YAC ability to pick up some key first downs at critical times throughout the game.

He is really coming on this year. He looks faster and stronger.
His play to jump one DB, and immediately run through the next arm tackle to take off before his momentum took him out of bounds... FIRST DOWN!
Definitely one of my favorite plays of his.

There are some really good pics of this play in the Niners-Seahawks pics thread.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

He is really coming on this year. He looks faster and stronger.
His play to jump one DB, and immediately run through the next arm tackle to take off before his momentum took him out of bounds... FIRST DOWN!
Definitely one of my favorite plays of his.

There are some really good pics of this play in the Niners-Seahawks pics thread.

I agree.

Hes seems to be playing at another level this year.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Potential still there sadly he will leave to an offensive team and be great there cause we dont have the skill or play calls on offense. Enough of the cute play calling on 3rd down and second down. RUN THE DAMN BALL and set up VD and crabs and MOSS FOR LOVE OF GOD with Play Action. NOT THAT HARD COACHES!
During the game they showed Gore talking to Crabtree on the sidelines and Crabtree looked very frustrated and if I had to guess Gore was being the leader that he is and was trying to calm him down and tell him how it is. Love to know what was said but I can only speculate! EIther way Frank is the man! You can talk about how he's lost this or can't do that all you want. He still has it and his leadership role on this team cannot and will not be replaced! Wearing my Gore probowl jersey for the rest of the year on gameday! TOTAL BEAST!

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Yes! That is an awesome pic! Especially knowing what he does afterwards...
Is he down?

Nope!!!
Hopefully Crabtree and the rest of the WRs who didn't get many yards realize they played a big part in the win. They all have done an outstanding job blocking this year. It doesn't make the highlight reel or go in the stat sheets but it helps us win.
Crabtree has gotten better this year no doubt.

But he cannot win one on one with a top db and that is killing us. For that matter, none of wr's are good at that! VD is the best but teams are double teaming him on all passing downs, which makes Crab's inability to win more one on one battles even more troubling!

He is a solid #2 or #3 wr in the NFL but thats it.
Share 49ersWebzone