There are 223 users in the forums

The Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I still feel very meh about this guy. So he had a big game against the Bills, big deal. 100 yards isn't that impressive considering we put up a historic amount of yards on them last week (300/300). A top tier reciever probably grabs 200 in that game. He's good, but I need to see him do it when it counts. Give me a 100 yard game when it really matters against a good D/corner. I'll be watching him closly this week.

He has been consistently good this year. Last year he was up and down and the playoff problems bothered me...but then, what WRs were there to balance the coverage? Manningham has been a real factor this year and that helps MC enormously! Two 100 receivers in the same game? He couldn't do much better than he did unless you want Smith to ignore his other targets.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I still feel very meh about this guy. So he had a big game against the Bills, big deal. 100 yards isn't that impressive considering we put up a historic amount of yards on them last week (300/300). A top tier reciever probably grabs 200 in that game. He's good, but I need to see him do it when it counts. Give me a 100 yard game when it really matters against a good D/corner. I'll be watching him closly this week.

He has been consistently good this year. Last year he was up and down and the playoff problems bothered me...but then, what WRs were there to balance the coverage? Manningham has been a real factor this year and that helps MC enormously! Two 100 receivers in the same game? He couldn't do much better than he did unless you want Smith to ignore his other targets.

I don't even think we threw him a ball after his td play.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Never thought I'd say this, but Crabtree is finally starting to justify that pick. Not yet a 10, but rapidly approaching.

Agreed. I hope he can continue his momentum.

Vernon Davis should be enough to draw away the safety from Crabtree.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Never thought I'd say this, but Crabtree is finally starting to justify that pick. Not yet a 10, but rapidly approaching.

Agreed. I hope he can continue his momentum.

Vernon Davis should be enough to draw away the safety from Crabtree.

Last year there was VD and ...ah...other guys. Crabtree was the top other guy. They made a lot of mistakes covering VD with one safety last year and now they have to worry about Manningham, Crabtree, Hunter, and all the others. Much more difficult to double Crabtree...although I'm not saying MC established himself as a go to guy either. He very often could not defeat single coverage.

Like I said, he's good, but he still isn't worth the 10th over all pick in my eyes. I'll just always judge him according to his draft status and the hold out. I'm glad he's on the team, but I wouldnt write home about it.

P.S. Dont forget he totally folded in the playoff game vs the Saints.
Like I said, he's good, but he still isn't worth the 10th over all pick in my eyes. I'll just always judge him according to his draft status and the hold out. I'm glad he's on the team, but I wouldnt write home about it.

P.S. Dont forget he totally folded in the playoff game vs the Saints.

Definitely have not forgotten the collapse of our WRs in the playoffs! It was painful and one of the main reasons I was so happy with the addition of Manningham and Moss. As far as the draft goes, I stop thinking of where someone was taken the day after the draft. Was looking back at some of the teams drafts in the 80s...yikes! One draft had one player who mattered in subsequent years--just pathetic! So even the great Bill Walsh missed on draft choices regularly...don't care if MC was drafted #1 or #250...just want him to improve every week, not in yards necessarily, but in overall impact.
Not sure if its Crabs or Smith, but dude disappears in big games.......suxors. Not sure how he wieghs on the cap space, but if its a lot I'd consider cutting him and starting Mannigham and A.J. Jenkins in his place.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Not sure if its Crabs or Smith, but dude disappears in big games.......suxors. Not sure how he wieghs on the cap space, but if its a lot I'd consider cutting him and starting Mannigham and A.J. Jenkins in his place.

I'd call it everyone's to blame. aside from KW who caught all 4 passes thrown his way. Everyone had bad throws(AS), didnt catch passes (Ham + Crab + VD all only caught 50% of their targets). Either AS threw high/low or they dropped the catch but anyway we only targeted Crabtree 6 times and he caught 3 of them. Hard to disappear when you were never given much of a chance to appear in the first place (which is me saying the coaching staff sucked at game planning).

Nice edit Oak I wouldn't cut Crabtree I'd put Crabtree in the slot, Jenkins and Manningham on the outside. I think Crabtree in the slot with is ever increasingly reliable hands is a solid weapon.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM ]

Crabtree is set to make 6.3 next season and 5.3 on that last, optional season.
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate. Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.

Our qb doesn't have that ability to turn any receiver into a weapon, I don't care if you are Randy Moss

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate. Crabtree is f**king good. I don't know how hard it is for people to understand that your qb will fit the ball into very tight coverage to force you to make a play... If he has the ability to be very accurate.

Our qb doesn't have that ability to turn any receiver into a weapon, I don't care if you are Randy Moss
come on man.you do not have to beat us over the head
Originally posted by sfout:

I'd call it everyone's to blame. aside from KW who caught all 4 passes thrown his way. Everyone had bad throws(AS), didnt catch passes (Ham + Crab + VD all only caught 50% of their targets). Either AS threw high/low or they dropped the catch but anyway we only targeted Crabtree 6 times and he caught 3 of them. Hard to disappear when you were never given much of a chance to appear in the first place (which is me saying the coaching staff sucked at game planning).
Most of the guys on Offense sucked yesterday... There's was one play where no one was open and Alex scrambled around. Troy Aikman after the play said Crabtree was doing all he could to come back to Alex and give him a window to throw to. Alex didn't pull the trigger and just ran out of bounds. That crap irritates me! Another play was when we went for it on 4th and 15. Alex threw the underneath pass to VD for 7 yards. What's the point of going for it then. At least throw it the 15 yards. Throw it deep and hope for a flag! Even if it gets picked, it would serve as a good punt and at that point the game was out of reach unless you got points in a hurry. I hate that crap!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Thanks. That sounds like a lot to me. Extend Manningham, trade Crabs for a 5th and rotate Williams and Jenkins.

Thanks. That sounds like a lot to me. Extend Manningham, trade Crabs for a 5th and rotate Williams and Jenkins.

Man, your opinion on this topic is embarrassing you, Oak.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Man, your opinion on this topic is embarrassing you, Oak.

Do tell......
Share 49ersWebzone