LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

This Team in 2012 will be unstoppable.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
How can a team stop our 12 personnel? They won't need to. Alex Smith will keep himself from us blowing teams out. Sorry, couldn't resist.

i dont like 2 RB personnel i think it creates less mismatches not more

it isnt hard for a S or CB to shut down a RB

i think our best personnel is 3 WR and 2 TE in terms of mismtches but that gives away we are passing

therefore 3 WR ! TE and 1 RB makes the best mismatch
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont like 2 RB personnel i think it creates less mismatches not more

it isnt hard for a S or CB to shut down a RB

i think our best personnel is 3 WR and 2 TE in terms of mismtches but that gives away we are passing

therefore 3 WR ! TE and 1 RB makes the best mismatch

the doot that corrected me that you can have 2te 2wr and 2rb. ... thanks I know that... Just got a little excited. Kinda hard to type WHEN YOU GOT SO MUCH ADRELALIAINEINRE PUMPERING THROUFGH YOUR EGFFFING AERMSSS..

ERHMAGERD IT"S ALMERST FERTBURLL SERSON!!!
Im just as optimistic as the rest of you, but Im a realist as well. We surprised a lot of teams last year --- I just dont expect any of our opponents to fall asleep on us this time around. Last year, the team rallied around Alex, but this year we're all expecting Alex to rally the team. I think thats easier said than done. He has the potential to open up when he wants, but he's conservative by nature. The way I see it Rodgers is gonna come out tomorrow and let it all hang --- he's gonna be throwing the ball all over the place. I doubt Alex does this --- he's more likely to play conservative, try to avoid the turnovers, and let his RBs/defense set the tone. If our defense can keep Rodgers at bay, then great. Alex has a chance to pull it out. But considering what Rodgers has done over the course of the past 2 years, I find it difficult to believe that he's gonna play like he did against the Giants/Chiefs. Btw, in my opinion the Packers fell asleep in both games bc they thought it would be easy. The Packers are coming out poised to win another ring; unfortunately for us, relying on keeping Rodgers off the field for a victory is not good strategy, especially at Lambeau.

Im hoping we pull off a Rams ala 1999 where Warner and company come out blazing offensively and shellshocked the league. Can Alex do the same ? Doubtful, but Im still hoping.
Originally posted by mella8:
Im just as optimistic as the rest of you, but Im a realist as well. We surprised a lot of teams last year --- I just dont expect any of our opponents to fall asleep on us this time around. Last year, the team rallied around Alex, but this year we're all expecting Alex to rally the team. I think thats easier said than done. He has the potential to open up when he wants, but he's conservative by nature. The way I see it Rodgers is gonna come out tomorrow and let it all hang --- he's gonna be throwing the ball all over the place. I doubt Alex does this --- he's more likely to play conservative, try to avoid the turnovers, and let his RBs/defense set the tone. If our defense can keep Rodgers at bay, then great. Alex has a chance to pull it out. But considering what Rodgers has done over the course of the past 2 years, I find it difficult to believe that he's gonna play like he did against the Giants/Chiefs. Btw, in my opinion the Packers fell asleep in both games bc they thought it would be easy. The Packers are coming out poised to win another ring; unfortunately for us, relying on keeping Rodgers off the field for a victory is not good strategy, especially at Lambeau.

Im hoping we pull off a Rams ala 1999 where Warner and company come out blazing offensively and shellshocked the league. Can Alex do the same ? Doubtful, but Im still hoping.

your analysis sucks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

your analysis sucks

Of course it does. It's semi anti-Niner talk in a Niners forum. If I talked in favor of Smith, you guys would hail me as the next John Clayton. I guess we'll find out in 24 hours
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Just for the record, as I said in a couple previous posts.... I'm not all that serious - I am just having fun.
I predict my team goes undefeated every year because what kind of fan are you if you expect your team to lose! Common sense will not be condoned! This is NinerTalk after all. But this is the year they could actually f**king do it!

I don't think any team 'slept' on us or whatever.... If they did, then their coach should be fired because they aren't doing there jobs... this is the NFL there are no secrets. (only ignorance by the media).

I think Aaron Rodgers will be running for his life. He will put up points - but he's gonna get beat down doing it. Hopefully we can get him to turn the ball over a couple times.

Teams poised for Super Bowl rings dont just "fall asleep" in playoff games, at home, when its as simple as win or go home. Every team has there s**t moments, and the packers comes from a heavy defensive attack, that turns them one dimensional. A passing attack which makes there defense crumble, and teams that have more then one dimension. I know until people really see they dont want to rely on our passing game since it hasn't really been seen much in the preseason. But in our running game alone there defense is going to have issues, were not talking about a Ravens or Steelers defense that was nearly top of the line on defense, we are talking about a middle of the pack rushing defense, and a bottom of the line passing defense, the only thing the Packers defense has going for them statisticly is they are an oprotunistic team in the turnover category as are we. This game is really going to come down to who can posess the ball the longest, without giving it away, so I really think we have the slight edge on this one.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
"We expect to win," Whitner said. "We expect to compete on every play. We hold each other accountable to compete on each and every snap. If you drop a ball, or whatever, as long as you compete and go full speed, that's what we expect. People expect you to win. That's tradition. That's what the old '80s and '90s 49ers were about, expecting to win and winning championships. That's what we want."

- Donte Whitner

your analysis sucks

Of course it does. It's semi anti-Niner talk in a Niners forum. If I talked in favor of Smith, you guys would hail me as the next John Clayton. I guess we'll find out in 24 hours

Your analysis sucks because you fail to actually discuss anything in detail. Your words are all very general.

Why do the 49ers have a shot to win tomorrow?
• The Packers will be relying on the pass almost exclusively, and the 49ers can protect against the run without much extra effort, relying on the front seven without the pressure of having to stack the box with 8 or 9 guys.
• The injury to MLB Desmond Bishop will have less-experienced/less-skilled DJ Smith filling in. With AJ Hawk also not being great at all things in general, it will enable the 49ers to test the MLB's with passes to Vernon Davis & Delanie Walker up the middle.
• The injury to Bishop will also help the 49ers run the ball with greater ease... and the Packers were terrible against the run last year as well.
• The Packers secondary is kind of a mess. Safety Nick Collins had to temporarily-and-maybe-permanently retire this summer. As a result, Charles Woodson & Morgan Burnett are now the safeties. And while Tramon Williams is a pretty solid CB on one side, Jarret Bush & Sam Shields are the #2 #3, and they are average at best.

For the Packers to win, I'm lining up 3-4 wide early and often, and I'm picking on Brock all day if he's in the game, trying to get Randall Cobb and Brock matched up one-on-one. I'd also test Tarrell Brown, who does not have good history against Jordy Nelson or Greg Jennings.

If the Niners play press coverage well, and can put pressure on Rodgers as well, they win the game. That's basically what it comes down to tomorrow.

your analysis sucks

I could care less if you think the niners will lose, many fans think so as well. Your reasoning as to why we'll get destroyed is just laughable

your analysis sucks

I could care less if you think the niners will lose, many fans think so as well. Your reasoning as to why we'll get destroyed is just laughable

What's laughable about it? It is one of the few reasonable things written in this thread.

He says Aaron Rogers is going to sling the ball around with confidence. Is that laughable?
He says Smith will play conservatively, and that probably won't be good enough for the win. He never said we would get destroyed.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

your analysis sucks

What's laughable about it? It is one of the few reasonable things written in this thread.

He says Aaron Rogers is going to sling the ball around with confidence. Is that laughable?
He says Smith will play conservatively, and that probably won't be good enough for the win. He never said we would get destroyed.

Because it says NOTHING new. The game is more about "Rodgers is gunna throw, Alex is gunna go conservative, derp." That's obvious.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

your analysis sucks

Because it says NOTHING new. The game is more about "Rodgers is gunna throw, Alex is gunna go conservative, derp." That's obvious.

I would like to think that is not true. Our offense will have to be much improved this year if we want to have a repeat of 13-3. That has been said a lot.
I would like to think that Alex opens it up. I am expecting it in fact. If we don't open it up, I am not expecting a good result in this game. Defense alone isn't going to cut it this year, especially not against Green Bay.
I give us a 40% chance of winning, and if we win, we are going to do it by hitting on a couple of big plays deep. Our team is incredibly powerful at the run. Green Bay will have to commit a lot of men in the box to stop us. I EXPECT us to burn them deep because of this. I would be very disappointed if all we do is dink and dunk. I would like to think Smith is a lot more confident with the offense this year.
BTW, preseason means NOTHING to me in terms of what I expect to see in this game.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

your analysis sucks

I would like to think that is not true. Our offense will have to be much improved this year if we want to have a repeat of 13-3. That has been said a lot.
I would like to think that Alex opens it up. I am expecting it in fact. If we don't open it up, I am not expecting a good result in this game. Defense along isn't going to cut it this year, especially not against Green Bay.
I give us a 40% chance of winning, and if we win, we are going to do it by hitting on a couple of big plays deep. Our team is incredibly powerful at the run. Green Bay will have to commit a lot of men in the box to stop us. I EXPECT us to burn them deep because of this. I would be very disappointed if all we do is dink and dunk. I would like to think Smith is a lot more confident with the offense this year.
BTW, preseason means NOTHING to me in terms of what I expect to see in this game.

I'm saying what the POSTER said above was obvious, it contributes nothing new.
Share 49ersWebzone