LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

This Team in 2012 will be unstoppable.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mella8:
I wish.

If Im a betting man, Id take Rodgers vs. our D against Smith vs their D anyday. Rodgers has the ability to keep his team in the game even when things are going rough, whereas Smith needs everything to be spot on for him to have an effective day. Its gonna be loud at Lambeau, and I just cant see Alex opening up and taking advantage of a weak Packers defense. He'll play conservaball and we're gonna lose big 31-13. Off to Detroit.

what kind of fan are you?!
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
I wish.

If Im a betting man, Id take Rodgers vs. our D against Smith vs their D anyday. Rodgers has the ability to keep his team in the game even when things are going rough, whereas Smith needs everything to be spot on for him to have an effective day. Its gonna be loud at Lambeau, and I just cant see Alex opening up and taking advantage of a weak Packers defense. He'll play conservaball and we're gonna lose big 31-13. Off to Detroit.

what kind of fan are you?!

The kind that doesn't know that we're not off to Detroit..We're comin home and I'm polishing the grill tomorrow
[ Edited by MrRedDogSF on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM ]
This s**t PUMPED me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niners all day err day
garcia is having himself a good night lol
Originally posted by Garcia:

OMg lOok At aLex's ArM sleeVes, theY'Re cOoleR thAn NoW
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM ]

Mark my f**king words.
This team will be unstoppable.

I seriously do not know how any team can defend this offense. We are completely stacked.

Our offense lead by the ultimate underdog Alex Smith and his new arsenal of weapons. I don't think it's far fetched to say Alex Smith is in the best place in his career right now and in the ultimate position to succeed. He is in the same offense, which according to Harbaugh, he is a master of now and for the first time ever he actually has threats at every skill position on his side of the ball. I look for a career year and maybe even a pro-bowl appearance. Randy Moss, a motivated Michael Crabtree, clutch Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn and even Kyle Williams are all threats to take the ball to the endzone on any given play. Not even mentioning our stud tight ends Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker.

How can you cover this team even in 2 WR 2 TE 2RB sets? It doesn't seem possible. There is a mismatch at every point of attack. All of our RBs are threats as well which we will touch on later. The capability and flexibility all of these special players on offense must give Jim Harbaugh wet dreams. One of, if not the most. innovative offensive minds in the game and will surely be able to be creative in packages that will foster ideal scenarios for TDs. The possibilities are endless.

Our Runningbacks.
This is the most stacked backfield I have ever seen in this 49ers team in my lifetime. Veterans Frank Gore and Brandon Jacobs are complemented nicely by young and up and coming talents of Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and yes, even Anthony Dixon. All backs have a unique skill set and they all can be used in a variety of ways. Can you imagine the potential schemes for having these backs in the back field? Again, infinite flexibility and possibility to attack a defense. So much to prepare for. There is no way you can stop all of these play makers at once on a single play. There will be something to be exploited on each play and Harbaugh is good enough to find those weaknesses.

If our o-line can stay healthy and pass protect Alex Smith and continue to mash motherf**kers in the run game, cough*MikeIupati*cough, we will have probably the most balanced attack in football.

I'm not even going to talk about our defense, because we all know that we have one of the best defenses in football. Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Ray MacDonald - Need I say more? Okay, NaVarro Bowman. Studs.

Special Teams of course one of the best units in the NFL.

We have a complete team.
I don't see us losing one game.

If we stay healthy, you can book it.
16-0 and a Super Bowl Championship.

I'm drinking the coo-laid and you should too.

Garcia

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by verb1der:

The thing that excites me the most is what Harbaugh said about Alex becoming an "expert" of the offense compared to last season where he was just learning on the go. Now I know I should take that with a grain of salt, but one thing is for sure and that Alex is as smart as they come, and this year he's going to play faster and be that much more confident...and the best part about it, is he won't have to do much because this offense is as balanced as they come!

We just have to pray to the football gods to keep Alex and this team healthy.

He has a good backup, that can change how defenses have to play the Niners, IF Smith gets hurt and has to heal up. Not worried. Let's not forget last year was the 1st year Smith played all 16..Hope for the best and BTW -- What the hell, I'm drinking the kool-aid too! NINERS!!

I remember him playing all 16(every snap) in 2006.......

My bad just checked he did start all 16 in 06..
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I love it when people spin the fact that Alex has been s**t for 6-7 years and people say, "he's the ultimate underdog!"

:/

How has he not been?

Alex Smith has sucked for 6-7 years. I agree 100%

What does that have to do with last year?
You don't think Alex Smith has turned a corner? I am predicting that he has and is poised for a very very good year, pro-bowl caliber.

Just because Smith has sucked the years previous doesn't change what he has turned into in the Harbaugh era.

He finally has some weapons.

All last year he was called a game manager and that he was some how a lesser QB because he didnt throw for 250-300 yards per game. Then when his team needed him win the game. He came through, 5 come backs in the regular season (4 on the road) and of course the Saints Game, which I saw in person.

Because he was so s**tty before last year - he is an underdog.
How can a team stop our 12 personnel? They won't need to. Alex Smith will keep himself from us blowing teams out. Sorry, couldn't resist.
I wish.

see smith, alex 2011-2012 comeback wins and the showdown with brees. this argument should be dead if you guys actually paid any attention to what smith did last year with a weak ass WR corps

fired me up
can't wait til sunday!
I agree that we'll be unstoppable but for slightly different reasons. Crabs will again be a bit better.We'll connect with some big plays over the top. Moss and Manningham are true deep threats that will also open the box underneath. D-check, ST-check. However, I think our jumbo package with Davis, Jacobs, Turk and Dobbs will let us get 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 at will. AT WILL people, get psyched!!
  • rum53
  • Veteran

How can you cover this team even in 2 WR 2 TE 2RB sets? It doesn't seem possible. There is a mismatch at every point of attack. All of our RBs are threats as well which we will touch on later. The capability and flexibility all of these special players on offense must give Jim Harbaugh wet dreams. One of, if not the most. innovative offensive minds in the game and will surely be able to be creative in packages that will foster ideal scenarios for TDs. The possibilities are endless.

FYI, a 2WR, 2TE, 2RB formation is impossible since you are allowed only 5 skilled position players at a time. Here are a couple of sets that I'm looking forward to:

2-TE with Gore/Hunter, VD, Moss, Crabtree, Walker
Big package with Jacobs, Tukuafu at FB, VD, Dobbs at TE, and Moss at WR
Speed package with James at RB, VD, Moss, Crabtree, Jenkins
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Let's go Alex! Let's go Kyle!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
"We expect to win," Whitner said. "We expect to compete on every play. We hold each other accountable to compete on each and every snap. If you drop a ball, or whatever, as long as you compete and go full speed, that's what we expect. People expect you to win. That's tradition. That's what the old '80s and '90s 49ers were about, expecting to win and winning championships. That's what we want."--ESPN
Share 49ersWebzone