A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed
IMO Dixon will get the nod over James because of special teams

Agreed. They kept Dixon for STs mainly, so I don't see him inactive, makes no sense.

For sure, Ian Williams, Joe Looney, AJ Jenkins, Darcel McBath or Tramaine Brock, Scott Tolzien, Garrett Celek, then between James and Kyle Williams.
Can somebody explain to me the point of not being able to suit up all of your 53 players?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
dont like the depth at the O-line or at OLB

been saying that for a while now

hope lady luck is on our side when it comes to injuries once again because if the injury bug hits us we are screwed
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed

Agreed. They kept Dixon for STs mainly, so I don't see him inactive, makes no sense.

For sure, Ian Williams, Joe Looney, AJ Jenkins, Darcel McBath or Tramaine Brock, Scott Tolzien, Garrett Celek, then between James and Kyle Williams.

for return ability (I cant believe im saying this) it goes to Williams over James
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed

for return ability (I cant believe im saying this) it goes to Williams over James

• mayo49
  • Veteran
OFFENSE
WR: 15-Michael Crabtree, 10-Kyle Williams, 17-A.J. Jenkins
LT: 74-Joe Staley
LG: 77-Mike Iupati, 66-Joe Looney
C: 59-Jonathan Goodwin, 67-Daniel Kilgore
RG: 75-Alex Boone, 68-Leonard Davis
RT: 76-Anthony Davis
TE: 85-Vernon Davis, 46-Delanie Walker, 83-Demarcus Dobbs, 81-Garrett Celek
WR: 84-Randy Moss, 82-Mario Manningham, 19-Ted Ginn Jr.
FB: 49-Bruce Miller, 24-Anthony Dixon
RB: 21-Frank Gore, 32-Kendall Hunter, 45-Brandon Jacobs, 23-LaMichael James
QB: 11-Alex Smith, 7-Colin Kaepernick, 3-Scott Tolzien

DEFENSE
LDT: 91-Ray McDonald, 95-Ricky Jean Francois
NT: 90-Isaac Sopoaga, 92-Will Tukuafu, 93-Ian Williams
RDT: 94-Justin Smith, 83-Demarcus Dobbs
OLB: 55-Ahmad Brooks, 51-Clark Haggans ILB: 53-NaVorro Bowman, 54-Larry Grant
ILB: 52-Patrick Willis, 56-Tavares Gooden
OLB: 99-Aldon Smith, 51-Clark Haggans
LCB: 22-Carlos Rogers, 20-Perrish Cox, 26-Tramaine Brock RCB: 25-Tarell Brown, 29-Chris Culliver
FS: 38-Dashon Goldson, 27-C.J. Spillman
SS: 31-Donte Whitner, 30-Trenton Robinson, 32-Darcel McBath

SPECIAL TEAMS
PR: 19-Ted Ginn Jr., 10-Kyle Williams, 23-LaMichael James
KOR: 19-Ted Ginn, 32-Kendall Hunter, 23-LaMichael James
P: 4-Andy Lee
K: 2-David Akers
H: 4-Andy Lee
LS: 86-Brian Jennings
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are listed as the second string receivers, while Ted Ginn and first-round draft pick A.J. Jenkins are third string. The fact that Jenkins is listed as third string means it's a real possibility that he won't even dress on game days, at least if all five of the other receivers on the roster are healthy. Although Harbaugh has publicly defended Jenkins this offseason, he can't be happy about the possibility of a first-round pick who isn't even good enough to be active on Sundays.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/49ers-list-randy-moss-michael-crabtree-as-starting-receivers/

Credit to WR depth if anything.

For James and Jenkins to be inactive the depth argument can only go so far.....maybe they haven't come along like we hoped. I know its early but to have both top picks in street clothes is disappointing.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Can somebody explain to me the point of not being able to suit up all of your 53 players?

To create an even playing field. If everyone could suit up all 53 players, then what happens if Team A loses a player to injury and team B doesnt? This means that Team A has to play with 52 and Team B gets to play with 53, giving them an unfair advantage.
[ Edited by THEB on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:

To create an even playing field. If everyone could suit up all 53 players, then what happens if Team A loses a player to injury and team B doesnt? This means that Team A has to play with 52 and Team B gets to play with 53, giving them an unfair advantage.

Except how often would all 53 see the field?
nevermind I get what you are saying
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Sep 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]

Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty nervous about our depth.

We really don't have much behind:
-Our OTs (I'm guessing Leonard Davis swings to tackle if we need to?)
-OLB (I'm not very excited that Clark Haggans becomes a starter if either OLB goes down. He si 35, average at best, and facing disciplinary action. I'd rather see Larry Grant just play the OLB spot if we had to put a backup in.)
-Safety (not that impressed by either Trenton Robinson or CJ Spillman)

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the line up.
For James and Jenkins to be inactive the depth argument can only go so far.....maybe they haven't come along like we hoped. I know its early but to have both top picks in street clothes is disappointing.

injuries happen. Expect them both to dress and play as the season goes on.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham are listed as the second string receivers, while Ted Ginn and first-round draft pick A.J. Jenkins are third string. The fact that Jenkins is listed as third string means it's a real possibility that he won't even dress on game days, at least if all five of the other receivers on the roster are healthy. Although Harbaugh has publicly defended Jenkins this offseason, he can't be happy about the possibility of a first-round pick who isn't even good enough to be active on Sundays.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/49ers-list-randy-moss-michael-crabtree-as-starting-receivers/

Credit to WR depth if anything.

I wouldn't worry about it. I think Harbaugh is the kind of guy that puts a premium on experience. I also wouldn't put it past him to have the young guys continue to sit and learn while he works them into the line up later in the season. After all, look what they did with Aldon Smith last year - He really didn't play until week four? It certainly wasn't because he sucked.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM ]
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed

good points
Gameday Inactives?

G. Celek
A. Jenkins
A. Dixon
S. Tolzien
I. Williams
D. McBath
J. Looney

Fixed

what I'm kind of about is our first 3 picks could all be inactive

Going into the draft the team had the luxury of returning all 11 on defense and the offense was also not gutted in free agency. It is a sign of a good team when top picks do not have to contribute from game 1. Let them develop over time. That being said I wanted the niners to pick Upshaw the OLB over Jenkins, the 9ers are strong at OLB, but we witnessed what a good pass rush can do for the defense. You can never have enough stud OLB's.

I am still convinced AJ Jenkins and Lemichael James are players suited for CK at qb, just my belief.
Share 49ersWebzone