LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 346 users in the forums

**SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DENVER BRONCOS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WK 3)**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
Originally posted by 5280High:
I'll be at this game! My GF bought me tickets for my birthday and packaged it as a gift labeled the triple B (BBB)... Beers, BJs and Broncos. Of course I'll be wearing my Willis jersey... Throughout ALL of the gifts haha.

I'll be there too, and Ill probably have a beer.......but my wife will probably not give in to the BJ part of the BBB..... My 2 month old son and I will both be rocking our 49er gear!

Nice, I've noticed allot more niners jerseys walking around Denver and 16th street since last year... I guess the bandwagon has hit Denver, but IMO im just happy to see non-broncos fans that aren't wearing Steelers jerseys. Seems like the #2 contingent along with greenbay in D town.
I'll be at Mile High this Sunday to watch it...and will give my report to the Zone afterward. Given both teams didn't play that well this last weekend, I'd expect both to rebound and play better, especially since the starters are likely to play at least the 1st half.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Let another team do it. I don't want the 49ers to hurt Manning in a silly preseason game.

Why not? f**k him....

Yeah,...he chose to come back after 4 neck surgeries.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
i hope we lose this and chargers game so we can surprise the packers when we punch them in the mouth HARD!

I don't think anybody in the league will be over looking us this year...

I think teams ceased overlooking the niners after about week 5 of last year.
Don't care if we win, but I do want to see the starters play well ( Alex & Oline) Also need to see DBs get after the WRs and communicate better
GO NINERS!! STAY HEALTHY!!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i need to see lex connect with Moss on a deep ball just once this pre season.
Aldon Smith is back at practice. Somewhere in Denver Peyton Manning just s**t himself
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'd agree with this... also even though it's the 3rd game and somewhat a dress rehearsal look at last year where we lost 30-7 at home to the Texans. We shouldn't be risking guys like Justin, Ahmad, Aldon, Patrick, Navorro, etc,etc... get them a few series and get them out of there. Same with Gore and Hunter.. if James is healthy give him a good chunk of carries... might be forced to give Cartwright and Dixon a bunch as well. I'd rather be a little rusty to start the Packers game than have a bunch of guys injured.

Agreed. If Alex gets hit one time, pull him instantly.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Aldon Smith is back at practice. Somewhere in Denver Peyton Manning just s**t himself

That was just a reaction to PF Changs.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
i hope we lose this and chargers game so we can surprise the packers when we punch them in the mouth HARD!

I don't think anybody in the league will be over looking us this year...

Agree. Many teams will be trying to hunt us, but Harbaugh will have our team ready for sure.

I think PMs throwing motion looks like crap , I wonder if he's not comfortable throwing the ball still
  • jdc49
  • Veteran
like everyone is saying, i hope they dont play the starters for a long time, is just pre season, remember how terrible we looked on game 3 of last preseason that Jim was pacing back and forth and everyone was on panic mode??? look how the season turned out
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A healthy and productive game for both teams would be nice.
Originally posted by jdc49:
like everyone is saying, i hope they dont play the starters for a long time, is just pre season, remember how terrible we looked on game 3 of last preseason that Jim was pacing back and forth and everyone was on panic mode??? look how the season turned out

Wasn't that against the Texans at home? We looked awful against the Texans last year. Our first string was getting beat up by their first string. This year our starters were dominant, both on offense and defense.

One punt return against backup special teams, and the Texans starters beating up our backups for a touchdown, and all-of-a-sudden its a bad game? I don't get it.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Looks like Peyton Manning will get a lot of practice throwing checkdowns and dodging defenders next game.
Share 49ersWebzone