LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Randy Moss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets put it this way.

If the day ever came Tim Brown was suddenly adorned with incredible love in San Francisco any 49er fan worth barfing over would have even barfed.

How many of you here life on playing cards or Madden or something like that?
Put down the mouse and step away from the ice cubes!
If he has 60-1000-10 then that's fine with me. He should open up so much for the rest of the offense. Defenses still respect this guy. He has the second most recieving Touchdowns in NFL history. He should only open up the offense so Crabtree and Vernon Davis get more looks. With his speed and AJ Jenkins speed on the field at the same time, this is a vastly improved recieving core for Smith to throw to.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

Agreed - great way to look at it. I hope Moss is at least twice as good as Crabtree
Originally posted by 49erSooner:
I think so, even Moss at 50% or his old self Is better then Crabs at 100% anytime.

GO
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for PA49ersfan.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Lets put it this way.

If the day ever came Tim Brown was suddenly adorned with incredible love in San Francisco any 49er fan worth barfing over would have even barfed.

How many of you here life on playing cards or Madden or something like that?
Huh?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by blm7754:
First, apologies for that remark. An overreaction and not meant to be specifically directed at you... just at all the man-love for Moss.

However, I think the Moss hype is delusional... at least at this point in the off-season when there is nothing to go off of other than non-contact workouts with no offense vs defense action. I'm being realistic... he's a 35 year old WR that hasn't been a factor for 2 years that nobody other than the 49ers wanted. To say that he is so much better than Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, and even Williams... its just premature.

I want a true #1 WR on our team as much as anybody. But I'm not even close to ready to believing that it is Moss.

Are you certain of that? He worked out for the Saints a day or two before catching passes from Harbaugh. By all accounts his work-out with the Saints was outstanding. Evidently he impressed Harbaugh enough that we didn't let him get to another work-out. Maybe nobody else would have given him a shot . . . or maybe we got lucky.

Maybe... but if you were Randy Moss, would you be quick to sign a 1 year deal with us that has no guaranteed money if there is real interest from other teams?

I don't think so. I sincerely hope we did get lucky. It just seems too unlikely. Remember last year when we got Braylon Edwards on a 1 year deal? Everybody was riding his nuts too.... and he ended up sucking worse than any WR on our roster. We even viewed Brett Swain as an upgrade.

Moss could be a very lucky find... or he could be Braylon Edwards part 2.
Even an Old Randy who lost a step will be our #1 as long as he plays at 100%

Our WR core is as good as it has been since TO left....but it is not better.
With Randy its all about being motivated. If hes happy and motivated he tries and excels, once he becomes complacent he slacks off and is unproductive. He's never taken allot of hits or experienced too significant of an injury, so imo if hes happy... he will be productive. Now will we open up our offense enough to keep him happy... thats the real question.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Are we even going to pass the ball enough for Randy Moss to matter?
Originally posted by kray28:

Moss is going to need a Mitt to catch grounders
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by kray28:

Moss is going to need a Mitt to catch grounders
Ha!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thatd be bad ass if he panned out to be the old Randy

That would be the steal of the century.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
First, apologies for that remark. An overreaction and not meant to be specifically directed at you... just at all the man-love for Moss.

However, I think the Moss hype is delusional... at least at this point in the off-season when there is nothing to go off of other than non-contact workouts with no offense vs defense action. I'm being realistic... he's a 35 year old WR that hasn't been a factor for 2 years that nobody other than the 49ers wanted. To say that he is so much better than Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, and even Williams... its just premature.

I want a true #1 WR on our team as much as anybody. But I'm not even close to ready to believing that it is Moss.

Are you certain of that? He worked out for the Saints a day or two before catching passes from Harbaugh. By all accounts his work-out with the Saints was outstanding. Evidently he impressed Harbaugh enough that we didn't let him get to another work-out. Maybe nobody else would have given him a shot . . . or maybe we got lucky.

Maybe... but if you were Randy Moss, would you be quick to sign a 1 year deal with us that has no guaranteed money if there is real interest from other teams?

I don't think so. I sincerely hope we did get lucky. It just seems too unlikely. Remember last year when we got Braylon Edwards on a 1 year deal? Everybody was riding his nuts too.... and he ended up sucking worse than any WR on our roster. We even viewed Brett Swain as an upgrade.

Moss could be a very lucky find... or he could be Braylon Edwards part 2.
In my opinion, Randy Moss chose to sign with the 49ers because it was the best situation for him to be a #1 WR and win a SB ring. Randy does not care about the money, he wants to get a ring before he is done.

So what if it didn't work out for us with Braylon last year. Does that mean we still shouldn't take a very low risk chance on Randy Moss? I see absolutely no problem with signing Moss. Low risk, high reward.

Put me in the bucket of fans who thinks Moss can be our #1 WR.
Share 49ersWebzone