LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 361 users in the forums

49ers at Green Bay on opening day, get max of 5 Prime Time Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I prefer not to early in the season, let alone the first game of the season....our offense usually takes a time to gel, compared to other teams.....I can picture this place going crazy if our offense struggles in the first game against the Packers, and they some how scoring a couple of TDs.

besides, I think it'd be more interesting if the game happened in the middle of the season.

Nomore alexcuses. I want winners! They better gel in the 4 preseason games and dozens of practices they will have.
Packers have no running game, our CB will cover them and aaron will be sacked a bunch! Lets go!
At first I wasn't sure how I felt about opening the season at GB. I like the fact that we avoid the FROZEN tundra, but was concerned about the effects of an early season loss on the psyche of our players. In the end I remembered this: As a Niner, I have never seen Harbaugh lose a game that he had 2 weeks to prepare for. Granted 2 of the examples are the Seahawks and the Browns, but the OTHER example was the now nefarious Saints game. I think Harbaugh and company start prepping for this game immediately after the 3rd preseason game and let preseason game #4 just kinda happen (will be VERY surprised if this is not a loss). I see this game as a very possible early season win, with plenty of prep time, lots of creativity (remember a certain swing pass to Joe Staley?) and guys focused and being REALLY rev'ed up to show the world that last season was not a fluke.
[ Edited by Gelb1472 on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Gelb1472:
At first I wasn't sure how I felt about opening the season at GB. I like the fact that we avoid the FROZEN tundra, but was concerned about the effects of an early season loss on the psyche of our players. In the end I remembered this: As a Niner, I have never seen Harbaugh lose a game that he had 2 weeks to prepare for. Granted 2 of the examples are the Seahawks and the Browns, but the OTHER example was the now nefarious Saints game. I think Harbaugh and company start prepping for this game immediately after the 3rd preseason game and let preseason game #4 just kinda happen (will be VERY surprised if this is not a loss). I see this game as a very possible early season win, with plenty of prep time, lots of creativity (remember a certain swing pass to Joe Staley?) and guys focused and being REALLY rev'ed up to show the world that last season was not a fluke.

Win or lose, I love it.

THAT'S how you start a season. No pointless game against the Seahawks. No Rams game. Right off the bat. PACKERS. LAMBEAU. PRIME TIME.

We're back. Thats how we did it in the 80's and 90's. Take on the best in the league in Primetime. Ya gotta play the best to be the best.

Expect to see the Niners 4 or 5 times in Primetime.

My Bet is twice on Monday Night, twice on Sunday Night, and once on Thursday Night.

Expect Pack, Saints, and Giants to all be Primetime games.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM ]
Prime Time 49es!!!!
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Packers have no running game, our CB will cover them and aaron will be sacked a bunch! Lets go!

Exactly. Same s**t as the Giants did. Shut down their non-existent run game and then f**k up Rodgers. Game Niners.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Win or lose, I love it.

THAT'S how you start a season. No pointless game against the Seahawks. No Rams game. Right off the bat. PACKERS. LAMBEAU. PRIME TIME.

We're back. Thats how we did it in the 80's and 90's. Take on the best in the league in Primetime. Ya gotta play the best to be the best.

My Bet is twice on Monday Night, twice on Sunday Night, and once on Thursday Night.

+ Pats and Lions

take some primetimers from the overexposed, underachieving cowpukes.....jerry jones can cry inside his billion-dollar bowl of cereal AKA cowgirls stadium
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM ]

Win or lose, I love it.

Exactly. I don't get these fans saying I don't want to at this time. Or oh s**t we got to play Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Manning, etc. We either play the best or what is the point in playing? It seems some people want a cake walk of a schedule just to ensure we get a good record. F - that. Bring it.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Win or lose, I love it.

Exactly. I don't get these fans saying I don't want to at this time. Or oh s**t we got to play Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Manning, etc. We either play the best or what is the point in playing? It seems some people want a cake walk of a schedule just to ensure we get a good record. F - that. Bring it.

Exactly.

BRING IT. These f**king Cheeseheads won't know what hit em when the Pain Train rolls through Lambeau.
its going to be pretty hard to outscore gb at gb. even with a good pass rush, i think the crowd will take down at least 2 of our drives with noise, false starts and we may lose on the road. GB always has a faorable schedule, and a home opener against a top team cerainly helps them out. it will be like playing the nyg with a worse pass rush and a better qb.

hopefully VD destroys them like he has always done

they're saying oh s**t here come maverick and goose
I want a 49ers vs Tampa Bay 1997-type opener for the Packers if we face them (only this time we're the Bucs)
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Oh ok I see what you mean. I pay for NFL Sunday ticket so I am spoiled I guess with not being affected by blackouts. Which I doubt any of the games will be blacked out anyway next season hard to imagine them not selling out every home game.

The blackouts are only a 90 mile radius or so. He is talking about the network not picking thegame up. He is forced to watch cowboys vs bills, eagles vs seahawks, cardinals vs rams, redskins vs bucs, giants vs vikings. The s**t games that involve nfc east teams because the network does not want to air the niners. And the cardinals may be deemed his area since he is socal.

Are the 9ers ever blacked out? When I lived in the bay they never were. The raiders always were though.
Originally posted by CRABTREE:

Exactly. Same s**t as the Giants did. Shut down their non-existent run game and then f**k up Rodgers. Game Niners.

Are you say we should go with a Greg Williams game plan..........I hope saying this doesn't get me an indefinite suspension
This defense don't need no bounty. They dole out 'nap nap' hits.
Share 49ersWebzone