There are 190 users in the forums

49ers at Green Bay on opening day, get max of 5 Prime Time Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
Definitely prefer to play in Green Bay early in the season. Get all the cold weather cities out of the way as early as possible.

Cold weather is apparently supposed to be our weather tho
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Also... This means one less eastern time zone game that takes a toll on our boys!!!

It's not even eastern. it's like, central......ish
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Definitely prefer to play in Green Bay early in the season. Get all the cold weather cities out of the way as early as possible.

Cold weather is nobody's weather.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Cold weather is nobody's weather.

Cold weather is Football weather.
cold weather is cold
Biggest primetime opening game since '94 IMO...no the dark age Nowin years don't count
tie breakers............ya we gonna own all that ish
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Cos it's so important players revolve their gameplan around ur life right? West coast teams do worse in 10am games and have a slight stamina advantage in primetime games!

Never said they had to do anything to convenience my life. Just said that's what I prefer. We didn't have too much of an advantage in prime time vs the Ravens did we?
I hope not. I despise GB.
god no

They will being playing for home field advantage through the playoffs. NFCCG will be at home again in the Stick
I prefer not to early in the season, let alone the first game of the season....our offense usually takes a time to gel, compared to other teams.....I can picture this place going crazy if our offense struggles in the first game against the Packers, and they some how scoring a couple of TDs.

besides, I think it'd be more interesting if the game happened in the middle of the season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Was just gonna say that.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Never said they had to do anything to convenience my life. Just said that's what I prefer. We didn't have too much of an advantage in prime time vs the Ravens did we?

are you kidding me?! you're gonna use THAT game as an example to disprove primetime games are more an advantage for west coast teams? that was one of the worst, most ill-scheduled, disadvantaged-to-a west-coast team games in the history of the NFL in that not only was it coming off a short week (sunday to thursday), but the Niners also had to fly all the way across country.

No, I'm talking about a NORMAL primetime game coming after the NORMAL 6-7 day prep time a team gets....west coast teams have the natural 2-3 hour stamina advantage since their bodies will have the 5:30/6pm biological clock while east coast/central timezone teams go off of starting their games at 8:30/9pm (no matter where the game is held, east, midwest, west coast).

PS, you pretty much self-defeated your point by saying "Never said they had to do anything to convenience my life. Just said that's what I prefer."
Originally posted by BayArea:
Oh ok I see what you mean. I pay for NFL Sunday ticket so I am spoiled I guess with not being affected by blackouts. Which I doubt any of the games will be blacked out anyway next season hard to imagine them not selling out every home game.

The blackouts are only a 90 mile radius or so. He is talking about the network not picking thegame up. He is forced to watch cowboys vs bills, eagles vs seahawks, cardinals vs rams, redskins vs bucs, giants vs vikings. The s**t games that involve nfc east teams because the network does not want to air the niners. And the cardinals may be deemed his area since he is socal.
Share 49ersWebzone