There are 169 users in the forums

Frank Gore HOF material?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by crabman82:
reminds me of curtis martin and thomas jones who were both productive into their 30's

I like those comparisons.

Curtis Martin was one if my favs. Frank May not be the best but he produces and can block, not a lot of rbs can block like him
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Curtis Martin was one if my favs. Frank May not be the best but he produces and can block, not a lot of rbs can block like him

Yup. He's the best blocking, blitz-pickup RB in the league.
2 questions....

How many think frank has two years left?

How many think the FO/coaching staff think he can do it for two more?

Regardless of his numbers at the end I really hope the leagues recognizes the brilliance of his abilities and puts him in.
Frank's a tough player to judge in that he's only had one big statistical season (1,596 yards - I think). However, he's consistently put up 1000 plus yard seasons and has an outstanding career average. He is the definition of a "work horse" running back. He was born with a blue collar. I'm not a baseball guy, but I think of a player like Cal Ripken. Not flashy, but insanely reliable and good at everything. Oh yeah, did I mention Frank is probably the most clutch player we've had on the Niners since Joe and Jerry?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by dhp318:
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

I love Frank enough to buy an autographed helmet and he is everything you want in a football player but I agree with your statement. Its Lynch hands down.

Lynch is the flavor of the month. I'd like to see him maintain that style into his 30's. He probably ends up like Marion Barber sooner rather than later. He subjects himself to a lot of punishment fighting for yardage, That's his strength. But he doesn't have Frank's vision or footwork to stay productive when his body starts breaking down.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
2 questions....

Regardless of his numbers at the end I really hope the leagues recognizes the brilliance of his abilities and puts him in.

I think he has two years left. I think his style of running is conducive to having a longer career than most RBs.

I think the coaching staff is confident he can do it. That's why they signed him to that extension to keep him here until 2015. But at the same time, they've planned ahead evidenced by the drafting of Hunter, James, Lattimore. The running game is the engine that drives this offense. It must be good for us to succeed.
Lynch is the flavor of the month. I'd like to see him maintain that style into his 30's. He probably ends up like Marion Barber sooner rather than later. He subjects himself to a lot of punishment fighting for yardage, That's his strength. But he doesn't have Frank's vision or footwork to stay productive when his body starts breaking down.

Or Earl Campbell ... that poor guy can barely walk now.
2 questions....

I think he has two years left. I think his style of running is conducive to having a longer career than most RBs.

I think the coaching staff is confident he can do it. That's why they signed him to that extension to keep him here until 2015. But at the same time, they've planned ahead evidenced by the drafting of Hunter, James, Lattimore. The running game is the engine that drives this offense. It must be good for us to succeed.
No way Frank is here after the next season, unless he's willing to take a major pay cut. And I mean major. Of course, I probably would of said the same thing two years ago.
I may have to reconsider.

He has almost 13000 total yards and 70 tds. If he adds 3000 more yards and 20 tds, a nd if he wins a ring, then yes
I'm not even sure he's been the best runner in the division the last few seasons.

I love Frank enough to buy an autographed helmet and he is everything you want in a football player but I agree with your statement. Its Lynch hands down.

No. I predicted Lynch could have an MVP type season with Seattle in 2012, and he did, nearly 1600 yards and a 5.0 average. Keep in mind though frank had a 4.7 average in his own right, and complete balled out in the post season.

BUT, this season their numbers are nearly identical. Both have a 4.2 average. They are within 40 yards of each other, and lynch only has 2 more TD's and they both have three fumbles. Gore has a long of 51, to lynches long of 43. Gore is hands down the better blocker though.

Lynch is also only 27 and in his prime.

It is not as night and day as you guys make it out to be. Lynch had a beastly season in 2012, no doubt, but gore out shined every RB in the post season, and this year they are nearly identical statistically, and one is three years younger.

2 questions....

I think he has two easy, but he may start easing back as far as the feature back. I can see Lattimore ramping up starting next year. That is all good for Frank ... he will get more mileage sharing the load. Great mentor for Lattimore too.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

How is it Lynch hands down? They have nearly identical rushing stats over the past 3 seasons other than last year. Lynch seems to be wearing down at the tail end of this season too; less than 4 ypc every game over the past 5.
Originally posted by SFsFinest:
Frank's a tough player to judge in that he's only had one big statistical season (1,596 yards - I think). However, he's consistently put up 1000 plus yard seasons and has an outstanding career average. He is the definition of a "work horse" running back. He was born with a blue collar. I'm not a baseball guy, but I think of a player like Cal Ripken. Not flashy, but insanely reliable and good at everything. Oh yeah, did I mention Frank is probably the most clutch player we've had on the Niners since Joe and Jerry?

his best season was 1,695 yards with a 5.6 average in 2006. He also put up 485 yards receiving that year. 2,180 all purpose yards in 2006. He has also been WAYYYY under utilized in the passing game the last three years as well. Before that he was good for 400+ receiving year in and out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yes, he's a Niner... that should be enough to get him in!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Yes, he's a Niner... that should be enough to get him in!

Share 49ersWebzone