LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i hope he's as fast as he was before. agility is this guys greatest attribute
Originally posted by xtm059:

f**k that. I hope he's faster than he was before, like how Adrian Peterson got better.
Even if he's not 100%, his presence once again spreads s**t out, players respect his skills (post-injury or not), just like Crabs.

We're finally starting to be where we want to, and we didn't lose a whole lot to get there, so proud of this team. -This has to be my fav niner squad under the Harbaugh era, it's showing the type of pedigree/mettle you usually see in SB winners.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

f**k that. I hope he's faster than he was before, like how Adrian Peterson got better.

Don't be greedy!
I can't wait to see what mario brings to the table. If I remember correctly...when Colin took over last year, he went to mario about 4-6 times a game...I remember him trying to get to him during the bears game I think?
It will open up others. Because face it how much do WRs not named Boldin who are currently active demand any respect?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Moore will get the pink slip

nostradamus
Was this guy ever a deep threat? How fast is he? I'm too lazy to google.
  • cools
  • Veteran
More of a gets open playmaker then a deep threat, but he does have good deep speed
Way better then what we have had at split end the first 8 weeks, The opposing defense will now have to pay attention to Mario...
which will open everything else up
I'm still pissed at Seattle for doing him the way they did.

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Well ain't KARMA a bit*h! With them doing our players dirty and hurting them, now they're dropping like flies and we're getting healthy.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

I totally agree! One guy grabs the ankles and another player hits him in the knees! WTF! But he'll come back stronger then ever!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if he's not 100%, his presence once again spreads s**t out, players respect his skills (post-injury or not), just like Crabs.

We're finally starting to be where we want to, and we didn't lose a whole lot to get there, so proud of this team. -This has to be my fav niner squad under the Harbaugh era, it's showing the type of pedigree/mettle you usually see in SB winners.

and at the very very very least,, he can take those double teams off boldin
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Was this guy ever a deep threat? How fast is he? I'm too lazy to google.

He was never a deep threat, but he takes corners to school with his route running.

Totally, Manningham is Rice-like. EVERY play is won or lost within the first couple of steps. His explosion off the LOS is his entire game...the amount of separation he can generate immediately off the LOS is very impressive, even in the RZ. Does anyone have gif of him shaking the DB out of his boots last year in the RZ where he created like a 10-15 yard cushion for the TD? Hilarious...special player if he can get back to 100%. That said, I do NOT want him outside "blocking" in the run game (like how Williams blew out his knee). I want him clean off the LOS in the slot. He has tremendous quickness, is shifty, has a knack for soft zones and gets up to speed in a few steps and is pretty fast as well; has reliable hands (some drops moving before the catch). Great team player and has a flare for the big catch in big games.
Share 49ersWebzone