49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 530 users in the forums

Re-Watched the Entire 2011 Season: 1 SURPRISE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
great thread, couldnt agree more
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
great thread, couldnt agree more

Thank you, I'm glad somebody else noticed Tarrel Brown's great play!!!
Ive always liked the guy. He had a first or second round grade going into the 07 draft but dropped due to "character concerns". He was definitely a steal in the 6th round.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'm proud of the fact that I supported Brown while many others hated on him in years past... I still think he's just an above average CB though... not as bad as many here thought he was, but just above average.

From a 2011 thread:

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Injured reserve: C.Holcomb, N.Byham
Cuts: M.Norris, T.Brown, D.Zeigler, T.Wragge, S.McKillop, C.Taylor, T.Mays, Ronald Johnson, Ted Ginn
Practice Squad: J.Masoli, K.Jurovich, C.Beeler, C.Nelms, P.Davis, C. Jones, J. Corcoran, Xavier Omon(not sure if eligible)



I love when stuff like this happens.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,301
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'm proud of the fact that I supported Brown while many others hated on him in years past... I still think he's just an above average CB though... not as bad as many here thought he was, but just above average.

From a 2011 thread:

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Injured reserve: C.Holcomb, N.Byham
Cuts: M.Norris, T.Brown, D.Zeigler, T.Wragge, S.McKillop, C.Taylor, T.Mays, Ronald Johnson, Ted Ginn
Practice Squad: J.Masoli, K.Jurovich, C.Beeler, C.Nelms, P.Davis, C. Jones, J. Corcoran, Xavier Omon(not sure if eligible)

Wow! It goes to show. Just when we think we know what we are talking about, we don't. Unless you are close to the team during camp and practices, making decision on players' ability without seeing them in games and the progression they are making with the coaches, just isn't judicious. There were a lot of people throwing their critical football judgements out there pretty easily.

Completely busted.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I'm proud of the fact that I supported Brown while many others hated on him in years past... I still think he's just an above average CB though... not as bad as many here thought he was, but just above average.

From a 2011 thread:

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Injured reserve: C.Holcomb, N.Byham
Cuts: M.Norris, T.Brown, D.Zeigler, T.Wragge, S.McKillop, C.Taylor, T.Mays, Ronald Johnson, Ted Ginn
Practice Squad: J.Masoli, K.Jurovich, C.Beeler, C.Nelms, P.Davis, C. Jones, J. Corcoran, Xavier Omon(not sure if eligible)
Uh Oh Spagehttios
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Ive always liked the guy. He had a first or second round grade going into the 07 draft but dropped due to "character concerns". He was definitely a steal in the 6th round.

He was actually 5th but we get your point. I think it was a 2nd round grade IIRC.

I'm glad he finally took the job. He took it from Spencer, plain and simple, albeit it was a gradual thing. Prior to that, he was a good nickel back.

With Rogers and Culliver on board, we have at least 3 good CBs. If Cox can be rehabilitated ala Brown, that is all the better, especially with Brock on board. Holman will have a HUGE uphill battle to make the team but maybe he might tear another hammy ;) and wind up on ther stash er DL. If Cox falters, it opens a spot for Holman or for whoever else might get drafted.
if we get jenkins

our CB would be:

carlos rogers jenkins T brown Culliver Cox

wow that is a strong secondary

and with jenkins and culliver starting in near future that would be great


if we do get CB though it means harbaugh believes that our passing game improved enough with moss and manningham which can be true if moss isnt the wildcard i think he will be like the 2010 season if he goes back to pre 2010 form i will be trilled but i wont really expect that


that being said we sould still need a WR in R2 or 3

im hoping for greg childs who would be a 1st rounder if he didnt get injured in 2010 season which lingered through most of the 2011 season
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,754
that INT Brown had against the saints was a thing of beauty! BEAUTY!
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 10,240
When I first moved to Austin, he was a part of the Texas Longhorn team that had just won the 2005 National Championship. UT is sometimes referred to as DB U (because of all the DBs the school produces) and he was just another of those highly talented DBs to come out of the school. Then he got caught with some people who were smoking weed. He wasn't (IIRC they tested him and it came back clean). Whether he was or wasn't is really irrelevant, he got the "character issues" tag after he was suspended from the 2006 Ohio State Game (where it was #1 vs #2 and UT got skewered at home).

Needless to say, he is finally fulfilling his potential. And he was definitely a steal in the 5th round. Just goes to show you what patience and development can do to a player. Imagine in year three when our 2011 class has had a stable coaching staff and scheme to learn from!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that INT Brown had ag ainst the saints was a thing of beauty! BEAUTY!

Yes it was. If I'm not mistaken he had a similar int against the ravens. Due got decent hands for real
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone