There are 246 users in the forums

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49er4america:
He will Not become a 800-1000 Yard WR. That is a Utter Joke to expect that.Cut his Ass.

Nope.

We will see. I'll remember your Name.
He will Not become a 800-1000 Yard WR. That is a Utter Joke to expect that.Cut his Ass.

its not unreasonable. if you average out what he did over the last 6 games of the season, when he had the majority of his receptions, into a 16 game schedule, he could easily be a guy who has 50 catches a year. at 12 yards a catch, that's 600 yards. its not unreasonable to think that a second year player in a more established offense could improve upon those numbers.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

Nope.

We will see. I'll remember your Name.

[ Edited by 49er4america on Jan 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
http://i43.tinypic.com/oifx5d.jpg" class="pic" />

CHECK OUT THE NEW BUMPERSTICKERS. COMING TO BAY AREA CARS NEAR YOU.

As bumper stickers go, it lacks class.
WASN'T SHOOTING FOR CLASS JUST ACTIONS.
Originally posted by susweel:
Cut him

With a knife

Not funny.
LOL we need to keep him cuz he threw 1 block? LOL we need to keep him because he might "beast" with another team? what is he gonna get 25 catches next year? LOL dude is trash who doesnt know wtf he's doing out there. Dude is wreckless with the ball, a complete dumbass. CUT!

I am one of the faithful. DOn't speak for me. The poll, tho clearly written to slant the results shows that your post is a FAIL.

WASN'T SHOOTING FOR CLASS JUST ACTIONS.

....and thats why you don't get it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
nice sig. lmao. was that made in MS paint?
1 fumble, 1 muff, 1 diving fair catch and at least two fair catches with plenty of room to advance the ball safely. He was completely owned all year by average CBs. So he's a useless WR and KR. Why should they hold a roster spot for him? Try again in the off season to pick up a big play WR(Edwards was a bust but they tried) and I'm sure they can pickup a backup punt returner in the draft.
Originally posted by Mann716:
The fans who are not blinded by emotion knows he should not be cut. The ones that said he should be cut are probably the same fans who said he should get more playing time during the season. Some fans can be funny like that. He is a good slot receiver and will only get better. This is the beginning for williams not the end.

Hopefully not in SF or SC.

You're right...I wouldn't want him to become a good player in SF. That would be HORRIBLE.

Seriously...you are making this too easy.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
If this would have happened on a regular season Sunday, Williams would have been CUT on Monday. For all you who keep whining/rationalizing that "it takes a team," "1-for-13 on 3rd down," blah blah blah, that's just LAME. Yes the offense was struggling, and of course you can deconstruct every game to say "well if this guy did this, then that would or wouldn't have happened." Stop it. The facts are that, as much as Smith/Offense were struggling, at the beginning of the 4th qtr they had enough points to win. The Niner D was KILLING Manning and the Giants...I don't think they even made it past midfield in 2nd half / OT, EXCEPT for the two gifts from Williams.

Sorry, the dude is a bubble player to begin with, easily replaceable...his modest WR skills are not even close to offsetting the liability of his PROVEN low football IQ. Don't forget, besides his spotty history in college, he almost cost the Niners the #2 seed in that Dec. 24th game against the Seahawks...Niners were very lucky a questionable personal foul was called on the 'Hawks on the KO return where Williams slipped and didn't realize he was NOT down, and then fumbled on the hit.

yeah, I remember when we cut Delanie Walker, David Baas, and Philip Adams after their mistakes against the Saints last year.
Please. None of those players made 6, count 'em, SIX egregious errors in a single game. Of those six, 3 cost the 49ers yardage in a field-position game. One, the diving catch of the punt, was just risky and stupid given circumstances and conditions. Another one, the muff, inexcusable...you yell "poison" and get the hell away from the ball. And finally, the fumble. In case you didn't notice, those last two effectively gave the Giants 10 points and a trip to Indy for the SB.

6? come on man.
1) drop/fumble on the attempted reverse, loss of 10 yards...this was on 1st/10, RIGHT AFTER holding Giants on 4th down.

2) dive to catch the punt

3 & 4) fair catches with no one within 10 yards...the second one I don't think there was a Giant within 15 yards.

5) muff

6) fumble
Share 49ersWebzone