Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Yes but with less than 13 wins

Agreed. Thinking 11
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Agreed. Thinking 11

try 5-6
NFC West will be the closest contested division next season, all 4 teams are capable of finishing with winning records.

The issue we may have is playing Green Bay, Detroit, New Orleans, both New York teams, Chicago, New England and our own division. When you look at our opponents next year, there is not one single team you can point out and objectively say that they are incapable of being at the very least competitive, and even those lower echelon teams all seem to be on the rise.

As pessimistic as it may sound, I'd be thrilled if we went 10-6 next year, and considering the slightly easier schedules of AZ/SEA/STL, 10-6 may not even be good enough to win the West.

What's crazy is how good the NFC is getting in general, looking at the other divisions, each one of them has at least 3 teams who are fully capable of 10 win seasons, which will make those wildcard spots insanely contested for the next 3-5 years most likely.
With Harbs as coach, I have no worries. barring a crap ton of injuries we'll be fine and ready to make another run at number 6!!!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Agreed. Thinking 11

try 5-6

lol, no.

Agreed. Thinking 11

try 5-6

5-6 against the NFC West...right?
The we played this season, it is hard to imagine winning only 5-6 games next year. A lot would have to go wrong with injuries, FA leaving. Not impossible, but not likely.
our road schedule is a b***h next year
I hate to beat a dead horse but this was our year. I was so pissed at Kyle Williams because like someone said who knows this may be our last time making the playoffs for a few years.

10-6 or 11-5 in my opinion. Our schedule LOOKS a lot tougher at the moment but a lot of things will change between now and then and I just can't see us regressing the way we've seen Niner teams of the last decade do with the talent we've got currently.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I hate to beat a dead horse but this was our year. I was so pissed at Kyle Williams because like someone said who knows this may be our last time making the playoffs for a few years.

thank you.....you never know when you'll be back
Originally posted by thedude:
10-6 or 11-5 in my opinion. Our schedule LOOKS a lot tougher at the moment but a lot of things will change between now and then and I just can't see us regressing the way we've seen Niner teams of the last decade do with the talent we've got currently.

Exactly. Injuries, free agency, age. Tough to say for certain who will be great next year. N.O., for instance, will have to break the bank to retain Brees, and they will probably lose talent at other positions, such as Colston. And where is New England if Brady is hurt? Another Indianapolis? Arizona has QB problems, Seattle has QB problems, St. Louis may or may not have QB problems. Every year "great" teams fall and nobodies rise. Who circled San Francisco this time last year and penciled in a win? Happens every year.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

thank you.....you never know when you'll be back
we'll make the playoffs its who knows how long we reach the championship game. this yr it couldnt have been any easier set up for us, we get a bye, alex becomes montana and has 2 td drives in the final 4 mins in the divisional rd against a team with a deadly offense, gb loses so we dont have to go to a place where we cant win if our lives depended on it and we host a 9-7 team that we beat during the yr already for the right to go to the sb. im expecting the possibility of playing in the wc round then having to go to the road against the possible likes of no or gb. f**king kyle williams f**ked s**t up big time, its just too hard to reach back to back championship games and so many things can happen during the season.
Originally posted by thedude:

Agreed. Thinking 11

try 5-6

5-6 against the NFC West...right?

Our Offense is major suxors, Take VD away and we have nothing
Share 49ersWebzone