LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Missing WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How about the great "special teams" we had all year...then the special teams coach told Williams, "If you don't field the punt get as close as possible to it!"
Originally posted by 9erReign:
You realize we started Crabtree and Williams and the other WR's suited up were ... wait for it ... Brett Swain, Joe Hastings and Colin f**king Jones. There aren't any WR's on the roster to be missing.

That is a really sad thought.
Originally posted by niners94:
Arrgh!! I will never forget this! I still hate derek lovell for fumbling against green bay in '95!

Nope. That was Adam Walker my friend
Not having Morgan hurt...but, that's where you must have depth in the WR corps. We don't have that much and when guys like Crabtree don't step up, Alex really felt it. He really had no other viable options yesterday than Vernon and Gore. That has to change, and you know Harbaugh will get it done. He wants Morgan re-signed, so I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I'd also like to see them draft Coby Fleener...a WR in a TE's body from Stanford. Coach will be at the Pro Bowl, so will have a good opportunity to see and evaluate some potential FA's. Baalke and his scouts will be at the Senior Bowl, too. Agree, we missed Ginn...sometimes we take for granted how well he handles those duties. I'd cut Williams a little slack...saw some zoners calling for him to be released. That'd be a mistake, IMHO...he may well develop into a pretty good slot receiver. He's got the speed and toughness for it. Another factor...Edwards never stepped up, either. They need to replace him and his big-play capabilities with another WR who can actually get it done.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Man....someone send Crabtree a tape of Victor Cruz' catches today. That guy really knows how to get some separation.

Memo to Crabtree......by hook or by crook, get Jerry Rice's phone number this offseason and USE IT!!! He could tell you how to get open....even on a wet field.

I know Alex is going to get a lot of grief today but didn't get a lot of help. After Iupati went out, the OL didn't give him time to throw in general and his receivers did nothing...and I mean nothing all day. Just a poor performance. You can blame K Williams all you want and you would be justified in saying he cost the team a win but that offense didn't deserve to win today....simple as that.

Alex played decent. He was money on the two TDs.
It would have been enough to win, if not for Kyle Williams fumbles and Dashon Goldson breaking up two INTs.

Agree.....the bottom line is that the Giants were very fortunate to win that game. They certainly did not outplay the Niners...
Man....someone send Crabtree a tape of Victor Cruz' catches today. That guy really knows how to get some separation.

Memo to Crabtree......by hook or by crook, get Jerry Rice's phone number this offseason and USE IT!!! He could tell you how to get open....even on a wet field.

I know Alex is going to get a lot of grief today but didn't get a lot of help. After Iupati went out, the OL didn't give him time to throw in general and his receivers did nothing...and I mean nothing all day. Just a poor performance. You can blame K Williams all you want and you would be justified in saying he cost the team a win but that offense didn't deserve to win today....simple as that.

It would have been enough to win, if not for Kyle Williams fumbles and Dashon Goldson breaking up two INTs.

Agree.....the bottom line is that the Giants were very fortunate to win that game. They certainly did not outplay the Niners...

difference between crabs and cruz is speed so sending him tape wont help
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

difference between crabs and cruz is speed so sending him tape wont help

this. next time u draft a receiver top 10 you better know his damn 40 yard dash time before hand. drafting a receiver with a broken foot probably isnt the best idea.
Share 49ersWebzone