LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

49ers/Giants get Ed Hochuli

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYGFAN:
the giants have been getting raped by the referees. I hope this game it swings the other way.

Why are you posting this on our forum?
the giants have been getting raped by the referees. I hope this game it swings the other way.

cool story brah
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
oh hell no not mike carey!!!!!!!!! i remember that lions game, we were still playing while the late games were heading into the 2nd quarter due to him slowing the game down with all those penalties

Originally posted by HessianDud:
how the f**k did Carey get a postseason assignment? that dude is trash.

First of all, it would have been Don, not Mike Carey, that said, I don't think he's on the reffing crew this weekend either, did you know they've got a forum/website dedicated to NFL reffing? Ya rly.

http://www.footballzebras.com/category/assignments

According to them, this is the crew for the NFC Championship Game.

R — #85 Ed Hochuli (22nd year, 20th as referee)U — #81 Roy Ellison (9th year, Walt Coleman)HL — Mark Hittner (15th year, Hochuli)LJ — #35 John Hussey (10th year, Pete Morelli)FJ — #4 Craig Wrolstad (9th year, Hochuli)SJ — #39 Don Carlsen (23rd year, Morelli)BJ — #46 Perry Paganelli (14th year, John Parry)Alternates — Jeff Triplette (#42, R), Jimmy DeBell (#58, SJ from Alberto Riverón's crew)

The head ref from the Saints-49ers game will be leading the crew that is assigned to the Superbowl as well.

Tell that to Crabtree against the Bengals

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8228a997/Crabtree-TD-called-back-but-why
Cant stand Ed Hochuli...
  • THEB
  • Veteran
That deep pass to Brett Swain last week, he didnt make the catch because he got freakin ARM BARRED by the defender and it wasnt called. it was clear as day too
I felt like puking when I read this post. Hochuli has ruined more games for me. If one was to check, he would probably discover he has had more TD's called back because of holding and other BS calls than any other ref. I have loathed every game this guy has reffed. Expect him to screw up the game Sunday so he can get his stupid mug on the TV. I was hoping he would retire five years ago. I pray to God I don't get credit for an "I told you so". I hope I am wrong, but he almost got canned for the screwup in the Charger game last year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Holding isn't called in playoff games unless it's blatantly obvious.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Expect a lot of penalties.

hope not to notice the refs

F**k Ed Hockaloogie.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
I felt like puking when I read this post. Hochuli has ruined more games for me. If one was to check, he would probably discover he has had more TD's called back because of holding and other BS calls than any other ref. I have loathed every game this guy has reffed. Expect him to screw up the game Sunday so he can get his stupid mug on the TV. I was hoping he would retire five years ago. I pray to God I don't get credit for an "I told you so". I hope I am wrong, but he almost got canned for the screwup in the Charger game last year.

this.
OMFG I forgot about him reffing that Chargers game last year, that game was disgusting; the refs were scared the Raiders would win the AFC West last year so they had to put in 'work'.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
oh hell no not mike carey!!!!!!!!! i remember that lions game, we were still playing while the late games were heading into the 2nd quarter due to him slowing the game down with all those penalties

Originally posted by HessianDud:
how the f**k did Carey get a postseason assignment? that dude is trash.

First of all, it would have been Don, not Mike Carey, that said, I don't think he's on the reffing crew this weekend either, did you know they've got a forum/website dedicated to NFL reffing? Ya rly.

http://www.footballzebras.com/category/assignments

According to them, this is the crew for the NFC Championship Game.

R — #85 Ed Hochuli (22nd year, 20th as referee)U — #81 Roy Ellison (9th year, Walt Coleman)HL — Mark Hittner (15th year, Hochuli)LJ — #35 John Hussey (10th year, Pete Morelli)FJ — #4 Craig Wrolstad (9th year, Hochuli)SJ — #39 Don Carlsen (23rd year, Morelli)BJ — #46 Perry Paganelli (14th year, John Parry)Alternates — Jeff Triplette (#42, R), Jimmy DeBell (#58, SJ from Alberto Riverón's crew)

The head ref from the Saints-49ers game will be leading the crew that is assigned to the Superbowl as well.

Saw this the other day ago as well, and was relieved. -He has a lot of Pete Morelli guys on staff Sunday (those guys never screw us over); Hittner, Paganelli, and Jimmy DeBell called our Monday Night game against the Steelers.
who were the idiots who ejected JSmith @ the chargers game last year? they'd better keep those douches CLEAR AWAY from the Niners during the playoffs!
Share 49ersWebzone