LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

2012 Opponents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Just lije dallas 3 games in a row what the nfl wants us to lose to gv abd dallas???? These 2 teams already cost the niners 5 sbs in the 90s. Looks like we could be 10- 6 easy though

Yeah, we could be a better team and still slip a little bit as far as our record. 10-6 looks reasonable.
YES!!!!!!! I get to see them play (BEAT) the jets in 2012! NJ 49er fan here.
Every game outside of our division looks tough in my opinion.. Even buffalo and Miami you never know, they had crazy games this year.. Chicago with cutler back, nyj/ne,New orleans, green bay.. All tough teams.. ill be estatic to finish 11-5+ next year (id say less but i like to shoot for the stars) (:
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Wow....dunno about the scheduling for games and potential short weeks, but it looks like we have a much tougher schedule away than at home. It is not even close. NE, GB and maybe NO all at thier homes.

Good! Finally will stop hearing the cries of others ''oh who have you guys played this year thats a contenders not the ''weak'' nfc west''
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
49ERS 2012 OPPONENTS
Home
Arizona = W
St. Louis = W
Seattle = W
Chicago = W
Detroit = W
Buffalo = W
Miami = W
NFC East winner (N.Y. Giants or Dallas) = L vs. Giants (probably lose one game at home)

Away
Arizona = W
St. Louis = W
Seattle = L (probably lose one game vs. division opponent)
Green Bay = L
Minnesota = W
New England = L
New York Jets = W
NFC South winner (New Orleans or Atlanta) = L vs. Saints

5 out of 8 road games in eastern time zone. NFC North and AFC East.

Gonna be tough.

link

My prediction:

Home = 7-1 record, only losing to Giants

Away = 4-4 record, losing to GB, NE and NO plus one division upset to SEA.

11-5 record overall, a step down from this year, but still a division title and at least a wildcard spot.
What a brutal F***** schedule! Sheesh!
Plenty of attractive Prime Time potential match ups on national tv. Question is does the NFL trust candlestick can handle another night game?
Next week against NO will surely measure where we need to do next year - IMHO, we only need a BIG WR, Revis and Alex to improve to 25-30 tds. Excited!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Plenty of attractive Prime Time potential match ups on national tv. Question is does the NFL trust candlestick can handle another night game?

All our big games are on the road, so I doubt it.

I think all of our games will be on the road for those match ups. As long as we get some to show our stuff it is all good. Also hoping to try and get ticket to the 49ers at Packers game if it is early in the season since my girlfriend is a packer fan.
[ Edited by tohara3 on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM ]

Originally posted by susweel:
Why do we always have to go to green bay, why cant they ever come here.

It will be a good game. They will want revenge on us for beating them in GB and taking there SB this year.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think all of our games will be on the road for those match ups. As long as we get some to show our stuff it is all good. Also hoping to try and get ticket to the 49ers at Packers game if it is early in the season since my girlfriend is a packer fan.

Next years's schedule looks brutal but I think the niners can pull out an 11-5 record
Packers, Saints and Patriots on the road??!! Ouch! On the other hand, Harbaugh gets an entire off season in stead of no off season.
I think 11-5 or 12-4.

NE, GB and NO on road will be toughest. I think NE is better matchup. I dont wanna face NO in NO, Brees will eat us and anyone apart.

GB if early season would be a possible W, I hate going to GB in december ish, which makes me wish whoever faces GB in Divisional round wins, and we host NFC Title Game.
Share 49ersWebzone