• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Now let's lock-up Chilo . . .

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

in a cage, that we throw into the ocean.

next to a swarm of sharks with frickin lazer-beams on their heads.

Fixed
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

in a cage, that we throw into the ocean.

next to a swarm of sharks with lazer-beams on their heads.

Great job, Boone! You're an inspiration to a lot of people!
actually, the best way to kill Chilo would be to say he isn't allowed to eat unless he can stop someone from running past him, and then watch him starve to death.
Love it !!!

Yay for Boone! Now start him at RT in the offseason and slide Davis inside.
  • dj43
Originally posted by susweel:

Brutal. Kinda like watching him play...

But nice on the photoshop!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:
Brutal. Kinda like watching him play...

But nice on the photoshop!

Yah its nice I got it from the PhotoShop thread.
It's a good signing. I'm surprised they could get it done that cheap. He's a very valuable reserve being able to play both tackle positions.
Wow, great and unexpected news, I think this is a really good signing, especially for our team and our offense: Not only does it give us quality depth at the O-Line, but with all the heavy, unbalanced lines the Niners use, I think having a good reserve swing tackle like Boone is even more important for Niners than it would be for other teams, because they use their reserve lineman so much.

And is it just me, or do those numbers sound extremely reasonable? I mean he got a nice signing bonus, but the salary numbers sound very manageable (although we do not know about incentives) and I would have guessed he might have had a decent chance at getting a bigger contract next year in free agency, since quality linemen are hard to find in the NFL. Think about teams like the Rams or the Bears or the Cardinals (you could even argue about the Seahawks and thus the entire NFC West): I think Boone would have had a shot at being a starter at those teams and he still chose to resign with us. I like it.

But I think I might have the reason why he wanted to stay with the Niners: With most other teams, he would at least be a bad snap away from starting, like he would be with us as the primary backup tackle. But with the Niners, even if both starting tackles stay healthy, Boone will get a fair amount of snaps in the heavy packages and I would guess he took a liking to playing "eligible receiver"

• dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's a good signing. I'm surprised they could get it done that cheap. He's a very valuable reserve being able to play both tackle positions.

Obviously the coaches have seen enough of him in practice and the limited times he has been on the field for games to believe he can take over that role.

This signing also appears to open the door for Rachal to leave. With Boone as the swing tackle, that leaves Snyder as either the starter or #1 backup for both guard spots. With Kilgore showing good promise as a guard, the band is playing "Good Night" for Chilo Rachal.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Obviously the coaches have seen enough of him in practice and the limited times he has been on the field for games to believe he can take over that role.

This signing also appears to open the door for Rachal to leave. With Boone as the swing tackle, that leaves Snyder as either the starter or #1 backup for both guard spots. With Kilgore showing good promise as a guard, the band is playing "Good Night" for Chilo Rachal.

Thank God....
A league source told CSNBayArea.com on Thursday that the 49ers have presented contract proposals to several other players but each has turned down the organization's offer.

Among the players to whom the 49ers are believed to have offered new deals are outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks, guard Adam Snyder, linebacker Larry Grant and special-teamer C.J. Spillman.

Read more: 49ers extend Boone through 2014 Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
i almost feel bad for him, he needs to make moar
Originally posted by valrod33:
A league source told CSNBayArea.com on Thursday that the 49ers have presented contract proposals to several other players but each has turned down the organization's offer.

Among the players to whom the 49ers are believed to have offered new deals are outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks, guard Adam Snyder, linebacker Larry Grant and special-teamer C.J. Spillman.

Read more: 49ers extend Boone through 2014 Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Share 49ersWebzone