LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 82 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Stupid horrible move. We are worse off with this. At least Denise could sometimes put the brakes on him. Now we are TOAST.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Stupid horrible move. We are worse off with this. At least Denise could sometimes put the brakes on him. Now we are TOAST.

🤡
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

🤡

Time will tell. He was a nightmare when he first came in, but has been great with Kyle and John.

Hiring Shanahan and Lynch to run things as the football guys continues to be a great move seven years later. Now, just need to get over the hump and win the SB. Many fellow long-time fans of the team waited to get over the hump in the past. I have faith it will happen under this regime.
Would I rather have Eddie D? Of course. But he f**ked himself. Do I dislike Jed? Of course not, he's progressing fantastically.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Would I rather have Eddie D? Of course. But he f**ked himself. Do I dislike Jed? Of course not, he's progressing fantastically.

Why would you want him? Every advantage he had as a owner in the 80s-early 90s he wouldn't have anymore. 49ers pretty much stopped winning titles with him as owner once FA kicked in.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Why would you want him? Every advantage he had as a owner in the 80s-early 90s he wouldn't have anymore. 49ers pretty much stopped winning titles with him as owner once FA kicked in.

This. Eddie D was at his best when he could just outspend other teams for the best possible talent. Once that went away he was just an impulsive dude running around screaming "off with their heads!" Drove away the best head coach that this organization has ever had and the true architect of the 49ers dynasty.

Nowadays the best owners are those who sign the checks and get the hell out of the way. Otherwise you end up with someone like Jerry Jones trying to micromanage the crap out of everything.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Eddie got lucky that the Bengals did not promote Walsh to Head Coach. That led to his Stanford tenure followed by the 49ers hire. Walsh did not have the "right personality" to lead an NFL team which is why the Bengals did not promote him. The head coaches at the time were disciplinarian types and Walsh was the outcast, cerebral type.

Eddie got lucky that the Rams passed over Bill, which was the job he reportedly really wanted and instead eventually ended up with Ray Malavasi and Jed is lucky that the Broncos passed over Kyle in favor of freaking Vance Joseph.
  • BP13
  • Veteran
He's a man now! No longer a boy.
I don'y know that much will change. Spending is controlled by the salary cap. Day to day operations are handled byLynch and Paraag. Denise didn't have much say in the way the team was handled. I'm sure this is more a family issue.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don'y know that much will change. Spending is controlled by the salary cap. Day to day operations are handled byLynch and Paraag. Denise didn't have much say in the way the team was handled. I'm sure this is more a family issue.

That's the way I see it too.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

That's the way I see it too.

Transferring her shares to Jed will make things easier for certain transactions. Jed won't need to get her to sign off on things like stadium improvements. There's no reason for her to continue to hold those shares. I assume e would inherit them anyway. Hopefully she's not doing it because of an illness.
El Jefe York has been owning this team for years
he should do some sort of I'm the boss now, press conference, just to be official

What's your proof the Denise has had to put the brakes on him?
Originally posted by illinois9er:

What's your proof the Denise has had to put the brakes on him?

All Jed, no brakes era
Share 49ersWebzone