LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn!!! Lucky muther f**ker!!! I always thought he was thee owner anyway, so it makes no difference with me.
This changes nothing
  • thl408
"I Own This Football Team. You Don't Dismiss Owners"
- Jed York

Originally posted by thl408:
- Jed York

one of his greatest hits
  • BP13
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by thl408:
- Jed York

one of his greatest hits

"I own this football team. And I hunt men for sport."
-Jed York

at least that's what I remember him saying
[ Edited by BP13 on Mar 26, 2024 at 6:27 PM ]
Win a Super Bowl first. Then you can say your the owner. Eddy D are big shoes to fill and you haven't filled them yet.
Originally posted by BP13:
"I own this football team. And I hunt men for sport."
-Jed York

at least that's what I remember him saying

Jed once he gets full power and all those shares

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don'y know that much will change. Spending is controlled by the salary cap. Day to day operations are handled byLynch and Paraag. Denise didn't have much say in the way the team was handled. I'm sure this is more a family issue.

That's the way I see it too.

The only real influence an owner can have, IMO, is having the ability to step away when needed but also to get involved as well.

Sounds simple and easy but it isn't.

Jerry Jones I feel used to be awful at the above and has gotten a lot better (but still not perfect because of the aura he created).

Eddie was really good, but did drive Walsh to an early retirement (I heard he fired/unfired Walsh a few times, crazy). He was in my opinion, a critical part in the 49ers getting their 5th Lombardi with his anger and demanding to find a way to beat Dallas in the immediate aftermath of the '93 NFC Championship Game.

Jed I think has done a good job of balancing his way as an owner. If anything, I think he could try to have a real frank conversation with ShanaLynch on how to get over this damn hump. That's what I would do if I was the 49er owner.

You let them do their thing in draft/FA/coaching, essentially as they see fit. But in between seasons I think you can/should have these types of real conversations. You're entitled to that much, and at this point especially, Jed has proven himself as an owner as much as Kyle has proven himself as a coach.

The 49ers are better than the Chiefs, and quite frankly every other NFL team. What is it going to take to overcome all this other nonsense to finally get it done?
WTG Jed. ... Love that you hired the right football people and then just GTFO of their way.

That is what you are supposed to do as an NFL franchise owner. We haven't gotten over the hump, but that is not for lack of trying.

I hope we can put together a roster that will get you your first ring as the owner.
One thing I notice is he's getting a lil softer on his the standard is Super Bowls stance. Possible low T situation

Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Win a Super Bowl first. Then you can say your the owner. Eddy D are big shoes to fill and you haven't filled them yet.

😂
One thing I notice is he's getting a lil softer on his the standard is Super Bowls stance. Possible low T situation

Well he can't win them. So what do you expect him to do? He has to cover for himself.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Stupid horrible move. We are worse off with this. At least Denise could sometimes put the brakes on him. Now we are TOAST.

What's your proof the Denise has had to put the brakes on him?

All Jed, no brakes era

Well he can't win them. So what do you expect him to do? He has to cover for himself.

You are on fire tonight
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

You are on fire tonight

Probably spent all day listening to Cowherd
Share 49ersWebzone