LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 179 users in the forums

Morgan Replacement Options

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Morgan Replacement Options

As long as it's only a work out. I'd rather elevate an PS guy, they're younger, faster and more hungry to make the team and do all they can to stay on the active roster. I have serious doubts about TJH and the time he may take away from our other WRs before Edwards gets back.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Or we could put morgan on the IR

I'd rather not

We will need him in the playoffs
Originally posted by bigmur49:
He was terrible in Seattle and Baltimore. I don't see him as a replacement for Morgan, just a stop gap on 4 receiver sets until Edwards is back.

was he terrible in seattle? i believe he had more yardage in that year that any of our wr's and also vernon davis during his career year, i'm not going to bat for housh but to say he was terrible is a stretch. i mean if houshs stats in seattle in 09 were terrible, what does that make morgans stats every year of his career?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
As long as it's only a work out. I'd rather elevate an PS guy, they're younger, faster and more hungry to make the team and do all they can to stay on the active roster. I have serious doubts about TJH and the time he may take away from our other WRs before Edwards gets back.

I bet that's what they end up doing. Trent is just doing due diligence on all available options. I believe T.O. is back in the hospital. Otherwise, he probably get a look as well.
SEA: 79 catches for 911 yards
BAL: 30 catches for 398 yards (started only 2 games)

What are you guys talking about when saying this guy wasn't good?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
He was terrible in Seattle and Baltimore. I don't see him as a replacement for Morgan, just a stop gap on 4 receiver sets until Edwards is back.

was he terrible in seattle? i believe he had more yardage in that year that any of our wr's and also vernon davis during his career year, i'm not going to bat for housh but to say he was terrible is a stretch. i mean if houshs stats in seattle in 09 were terrible, what does that make morgans stats every year of his career?

he had 911yds rec in Seattle in '09
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
TJ Houshamazilly.......Chaaaammmppiioooonnnnshiiiiiip!!!!!!!!!!!
jurovich pls
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by crabman82:

he had 911yds rec in Seattle in '09

He had at least 900 yards in 6 of his last 7 seasons. In the one season he didn't, he started only 2 games and still nearly gained 400 yards.

Housh >> any of our WR's not named Braylon.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

Originally posted by 52thegreat:

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.

That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
He had at least 900 yards in 6 of his last 7 seasons. In the one season he didn't, he started only 2 games and still nearly gained 400 yards.

Housh >> any of our WR's not named Braylon.

If you swap Morgan and Housh's team origins, you'd be saying Morgan >>>>>> any of our WRs not named Braylon.
Originally posted by Amir:
TJ Houshamazilly.......Chaaaammmppiioooonnnnshiiiiiip!!!!!!!!!!!

We're getting Houshyamama!!!!
Originally posted by 52thegreat:

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.

That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hear ya! It would be nice to hear that during the Lions game!
I don't know why we are bringing this dude in, try out some younger guy who could be a hidden gem.
Share 49ersWebzone