LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

LOVE THE FACT THAT HARBAUGH DIDNT BRING US BACK TO SAN FRAN.......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It makes a lot of sense on paper, let's see if it works in practice. I'd love to finally beat the Eagles. Doing it in Philly would be gravy.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
YEAH, LETS HEAR IT FOR YOUNGSTOWN BABY, YEAH!!!

My co-worker texted me earlier this evening and told me he went to Y-Town for dinner and ran into the team at a bar and grill.

I had a similar experience Monday night. I live in the Dallas area and ran into Rob Ryan, DC of the Cowboys in Buffalo Wild Wings. First time I've ever ran into someone from the NFL in a public place before.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
It makes a lot of sense on paper, let's see if it works in practice. I'd love to finally beat the Eagles. Doing it in Philly would be gravy.

mmmmm gravy

Gettin ready in Youngstown:

Alex and Colin must look away from Tolzien, lest they be blinded by His glory.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/sep/30/final-preparations/

49ers ready for Eagles on both sides of the ball

By Matthew Peaslee

[email protected]

Youngstown

Youngstown State's Stambaugh Stadium is often referred to as one of the best Division I FCS stadiums in the country. But, even on a normal football Saturday, the nearly 20,000 fans couldn't intimidate an NFL team like the San Francisco 49ers.

They're more accustomed to 69,144 screaming die-hards, the expected crowd at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field when the Eagles host the 49ers on Sunday.

YSU has not only helped San Francisco with preparations, this week, but also in dealing with the extracurriculars that are bound to come in the City of Brotherly Love.

“We practiced with noise yesterday,” said 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman. “Youngstown State has been phenomenal with their facilities.”

Roman says the added effect of a live crowd has really helped mend problems, especially along the offensive line.

The 49ers were flagged 12 times in Sunday's 13-8 win over the Bengals, including an “embarrasing” false start penalty that was called on the entire OL inside the Cincinnati red zone.

“Overall communication was really a problem,” Roman said. “The tackles and the tight ends, they're the ones that are really affected by the crowd noise.”

They have worked extensively on a silent snap count that involves more slight gestures than verbal cues.

Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio talked at length about stopping the Eagles' offensive threats that have averaged 26 points and 408 yards in three games.

“The thing that jumps out at you is the speed of their skill people. It's the fastest offense we'll see from a speed standpoint.” Fangio said. “[Receivers Jeremy] Maclin and [DeSean] Jackson are about as fast as a tandem you'll ever have to play against. This team is a big-play team.”

He called running back LeSean McCoy, the “new Brian Westbrook,” referring to the former All-Pro Eagles running back who is now a free agent. McCoy, a former Pitt Panther, is second in the NFL with 345 rushing yards.

“He never gives up on a play,” said linebacker NaVorro Bowman. “He's always looking for daylight, finding holes and squeezing through them. We're going to have to keep running just like he does.”

Add in quarterback Michael Vick, and the Eagles have their own self-titled “Dream Team.” But Bowman, the second-year man out of Penn State says the 49ers have stars of their own.

“We feel like we have a dream team also,” Bowman said.”We have a chance to really show them that we have a group of playmakers on our side.”

San Francisco is winless against Philadelphia in its past five matchups. Roman and Fangio are both in their first seasons with the 49ers. Each came along with head coach Jim Harbaugh when he was hired from Stanford, so it's not up to them to make excuses for the past. Speed of their own may be the answer to the recent shortcomings.

“Our speed is a little better than its been in the past,” Fangio said. “We have some new secondary guys that haven't been here in the past and we have good speed at linebacker with Patrick [Willis] and NaVorro.”

For the offense, the best remedy might just be to stay on the field as long as possible.

Love the pic of the Qb's getting ready. Do you see where / how each one is holding the ball?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I think Tolzien is the only one actually looking downfield at a receiver. The other two are just posing for the pretty pictures.
I think Tolzien is the only one actually looking downfield at a receiver. The other two are just posing for the pretty pictures.

Alex is looking for a checkdown and Kaep is looking for a chance to take off running. Tolzien is looking for a soft spot in the defense into which to teleport in order to throw a pass to himself.

3rd string qb trying to look impressive for the coaches. 'Qb god. Must look intense. Zoners are watching'. What else is new.

Alex is looking for a checkdown and Kaep is looking for a chance to take off running. Tolzien is looking for a soft spot in the defense into which to teleport in order to throw a pass to himself.

Tolz looks like he is squinting, trying to keep up with Kyle william's speed.

You are one crazy Argentinian
Originally posted by valrod33:

You are one crazy Argentinian

Have you seen the guy play? It's true!
we'll see if it leads to better play on the field, but it definitely sounds like its having positives, just in terms of camaraderie and stuff. I mean, there's a lot of new faces on this team, and they didn't spend much time together this summer, obviously, so something like this seems like a great way for the players and coaches to get to know each other better.

i like it.
I bet by the end of the week, half the team will be ready to tar and feather Mr. Crabtree
Share 49ersWebzone