There are 239 users in the forums

Harbaugh has filed complaints to League office about uncalled illegal hits on Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
At least it's Harbaugh crying about it and not Alex Smith. Vick looks like such a punk "not complaining" about being hit all of the time.

I hear what you are saying, but if you think that Harbaugh has a point, then Michael Vick REALLY has a point.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I hear what you are saying, but if you think that Harbaugh has a point, then Michael Vick REALLY has a point.

Can't agree with you. Alex has been getting hit like that for years and nothing has been called. Kudos to Harbaugh for stepping up and saying something and protecting Alex. Vick is whining because now that he is forced to stay in the pocket and take the hits as a pocket passer he doesn't like it.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
One thing is for sure, the O-Line is getting demolished almost every play. They should invent a new penalty for just terrible O-line play called "Crapping"

"Crapping, number 74, completely allowed the defender to smash the QB's face into the turf, 5 yard penalty and must go on time out to think about what he's done, still 3rd down."

That is too funny!!!!
One thing is for sure, the O-Line is getting demolished almost every play. They should invent a new penalty for just terrible O-line play called "Crapping"

"Crapping, number 74, completely allowed the defender to smash the QB's face into the turf, 5 yard penalty and must go on time out to think about what he's done, still 3rd down."

This guy is terrible.
They should have a Joe Staley award at the end of the year for most overrated, least physical, and overpaid O-lineman of the year award.
Are the refs ignoring illegal hits on Smith? He's been sacked and hit quite alot, I can see how many of them could've been penalties.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday that his team has filed reports with the NFL about some of the hits that quarterback Alex Smith has taken without a penalty being called, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported.

Harbaugh added he was satisfied with the answers he received from the league, but Smith has been sacked 11 times over the past two games and sustained a concussion in a 27-24 Week 2 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8229968a/article/as-vick-tries-to-quiet-controversy-others-weigh-in-about-hits?module=HP11_hot_topics

NFL Reply: Your OL sucks, deal with it!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Are the refs ignoring illegal hits on Smith? He's been sacked and hit quite alot, I can see how many of them could've been penalties.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday that his team has filed reports with the NFL about some of the hits that quarterback Alex Smith has taken without a penalty being called, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported.

Harbaugh added he was satisfied with the answers he received from the league, but Smith has been sacked 11 times over the past two games and sustained a concussion in a 27-24 Week 2 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8229968a/article/as-vick-tries-to-quiet-controversy-others-weigh-in-about-hits?module=HP11_hot_topics

I guess you are right in some way but the 9ers can't just deal with it. Somehow they have to improve or Smith will get hurt and we'll have a rookie in there to get killed. If you guys hate the lack of offense now just wait until Smith goes down. Perhaps Kaep will do something and I hope he does when he gets a chance but he certianly didn't look good during preseason. Heck, even if he did like Nate Davis use to I wouldn't expect much from the rookie.
you need to be a pro-bowler (and not recently come out of jail) be in the "Not Allowed to be Hit Club" (President of club is Tom Brady).

it's a known fact.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Sep 27, 2011 at 10:29 AM ]
how much you wanna bet that were gonna get flagged multiple times for hitting vick
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex deserves to get hit for sucking all these years.

I like that. Not sure if anyone called it yet but the appropriate name for this line is "swiss" or "swiss cheese"

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I guess you are right in some way but the 9ers can't just deal with it. Somehow they have to improve or Smith will get hurt and we'll have a rookie in there to get killed. If you guys hate the lack of offense now just wait until Smith goes down. Perhaps Kaep will do something and I hope he does when he gets a chance but he certianly didn't look good during preseason. Heck, even if he did like Nate Davis use to I wouldn't expect much from the rookie.

Of course the OL has to improve or we risk losing the QB. That's not the NFL's problem, though. Maybe Smith has taken some questionable shots, but so has everyone else.

This is just Harbaugh's way of letting the refs know that they can't give Vick special treatment just because he's complaining. If they're going to call our guys for questionable hits on Vick, than they need to apply the same standards to hits on Alex. Its more politics than outrage imo.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

well they did call us for a False start on the entire Oline. I dont even know how that is possible.

Usually means the Center screwed up.
axle gonna get broke this weekend.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think Clements had a helmet to helmet hit on Alex too...

I thought the same thing until I saw the replay that they showed many times over and over, including when going to commercials. It was clean. Shoulder to shoulder.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think Clements had a helmet to helmet hit on Alex too...

I thought the same thing until I saw the replay that they showed many times over and over, including when going to commercials. It was clean. Shoulder to shoulder.

no it wasnt
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/46579/on-illegal-hits-heap-shot-no-cheap-shot
Two hits on NFC West quarterbacks did not draw penalties when I thought they should have, but as Carroll said, some of these situations are difficult to interpret.

On one, Cincinnati's Nate Clements struck San Francisco's Alex Smith with a helmet-to-helmet hit
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone