There are 271 users in the forums

Harbaugh has filed complaints to League office about uncalled illegal hits on Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are the refs ignoring illegal hits on Smith? He's been sacked and hit quite alot, I can see how many of them could've been penalties.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday that his team has filed reports with the NFL about some of the hits that quarterback Alex Smith has taken without a penalty being called, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported.

Harbaugh added he was satisfied with the answers he received from the league, but Smith has been sacked 11 times over the past two games and sustained a concussion in a 27-24 Week 2 overtime loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8229968a/article/as-vick-tries-to-quiet-controversy-others-weigh-in-about-hits?module=HP11_hot_topics
I saw a couple of hits to the helmet on smith that were not called.
The sacks are the OLine's and occasionally Smith's fault...but I have also noticed these 'should-be illegal' hits on Smith.
I think Clements had a helmet to helmet hit on Alex too...
Originally posted by niner4life21:
The sacks are the OLine's and occasionally Smith's fault...but I have also noticed these 'should-be illegal' hits on Smith.

agreed. who cares who is at blame for the niners, those hits are still completely illegal and should be flagged during the damn game.
One thing is for sure, the O-Line is getting demolished almost every play. They should invent a new penalty for just terrible O-line play called "Crapping"

"Crapping, number 74, completely allowed the defender to smash the QB's face into the turf, 5 yard penalty and must go on time out to think about what he's done, still 3rd down."
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
One thing is for sure, the O-Line is getting demolished almost every play. They should invent a new penalty for just terrible O-line play called "Crapping"

"Crapping, number 74, completely allowed the defender to smash the QB's face into the turf, 5 yard penalty and must go on time out to think about what he's done, still 3rd down."

well they did call us for a False start on the entire Oline. I dont even know how that is possible.
If they are going to p***yize this game then p***yize it for all. Not just for the Tom Brady's and Phillip Rivers of the league. I could take the Susweel/Shaj angle.... that the league just might be trying to do the 9ers and quite possible the whole league a favor by hastening the early retirement of Alex Smith. And yes NFL, please stop ass raping us with phantom game altering penalties.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

"Crapping, number 62, doing a Kwame Harris impersonation, 10 yard penalty, automatic 1st down."
Originally posted by TDilvr:
If they are going to p***yize this game then p***yize it for all. Not just for the Tom Brady's and Phillip Rivers of the league. I could take the Susweel/Shaj angle.... that the league just might be trying to do the 9ers and quite possible the whole league a favor by hastening the early retirement of Alex Smith. And yes NFL, please stop ass raping us with phantom game altering penalties.

when your teams been bad for a while you have to overcome refs just as often as you do the other team. especially when you were a team as dominant as the niners were back in the glory days, im sure the rest of the league is enjoying us being bottom feeders but that is about to turn around real quick. harbaughs getting this team to win with an oline that couldnt block kindergartners right now so i can only immagine what we'll be able to do with better line play

That's funny, with both Alex and Vick in the same game next week.

Who will win more non-calls?
Nate led with the crown of his helmet on the hit on Smith... should have been a penalty.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
That's funny, with both Alex and Vick in the same game next week.

Who will win more non-calls?

Vick
At least it's Harbaugh crying about it and not Alex Smith. Vick looks like such a punk "not complaining" about being hit all of the time.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
when your teams been bad for a while you have to overcome refs just as often as you do the other team. especially when you were a team as dominant as the niners were back in the glory days, im sure the rest of the league is enjoying us being bottom feeders but that is about to turn around real quick. harbaughs getting this team to win with an oline that couldnt block kindergartners right now so i can only immagine what we'll be able to do with better line play

I heard they lost a game of red rover in the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone