There are 183 users in the forums

Harbaugh has filed complaints to League office about uncalled illegal hits on Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just to sum up how awesome our offensive line is.

Sunday vs. Bengals:

Head Ref (Jerome Boger): "False start on the entire offensive line!"

I thought my friend had put on "The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves. YIKES!!!!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
when your teams been bad for a while you have to overcome refs just as often as you do the other team. especially when you were a team as dominant as the niners were back in the glory days, im sure the rest of the league is enjoying us being bottom feeders but that is about to turn around real quick. harbaughs getting this team to win with an oline that couldnt block kindergartners right now so i can only immagine what we'll be able to do with better line play

I heard they lost a game of red rover in the offseason.

gotta love Harbaugh...He sees Vick complaining about the refs...he says fu*k that....I making an offcial complaint to the league...what a competator...lol
One thing is for sure, the O-Line is getting demolished almost every play. They should invent a new penalty for just terrible O-line play called "Crapping"

"Crapping, number 74, completely allowed the defender to smash the QB's face into the turf, 5 yard penalty and must go on time out to think about what he's done, still 3rd down."

That is some funny stuff.
Unfortunately if you're not a big name like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers you don't get as many calls.
Here's the Clements hit. Did he lead with his helmet or was the contact incidental? I think he was leading..

Originally posted by susweel:
Alex deserves to get hit for sucking all these years.

You do too...

Originally posted by 36MertonHanks:
Just to sum up how awesome our offensive line is.

Sunday vs. Bengals:

Head Ref (Jerome Boger): "False start on the entire offensive line!"

I thought my friend had put on "The Replacements" with Keanu Reeves. YIKES!!!!
I've never heard a penalty called like that but when I replayed it at least 3 linemen false started.
Here's the Clements hit. Did he lead with his helmet or was the contact incidental? I think he was leading..

shoulder hit first, so no.
It should be the same for all QB's and not selective enforcement of the rules ...I have saw Brady and the Mannings get a little "love tap" and have personal fouls called on the defense?? ...but I do agree, Alex has been blasted a few times and the refs have let it go

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

If its Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. a flag is thrown. No doubt.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Shoulda been a flag anyway. We have been getting hosed by the officials this year.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

true, but they're valuable to the NFL.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think Clements had a helmet to helmet hit on Alex too...

I thought the same thing until I saw the replay that they showed many times over and over, including when going to commercials. It was clean. Shoulder to shoulder.

no it wasnt
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/46579/on-illegal-hits-heap-shot-no-cheap-shot
Two hits on NFC West quarterbacks did not draw penalties when I thought they should have, but as Carroll said, some of these situations are difficult to interpret.

On one, Cincinnati's Nate Clements struck San Francisco's Alex Smith with a helmet-to-helmet hit

I saw it again this morning on NFLN... Still looks clean to me.

Edit: Just noticed someone posted a clip above ^. The majority of the impact was with the shoulder and Nate didn't lead with his head.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Sep 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone